PDA

View Full Version : Red Ledge Techlight

dje97001
01-26-2005, 17:12
So I'd read and heard all about the Red Ledge Thunderlight series of rain gear (pants and jackets), but what about this "techlight" stuff? Campmor has each piece (jacket and pants) for 10 bucks... they seem pretty lightweight too. Anyone ever used these as your raingear? I can't seem to find a reference to it anywhere...

AbeHikes
01-27-2005, 11:28
I just purchased the Thunderlight jacket and full zip pants from Campmor. I have a hankering to do the Springer Approach this Saturday and the weather looks like it may be a good chance to try them out.

I see the Techlight items on Campmor, but this is my first experience with any Red Ledge product. If you're interested, I'll report back on my experience with the Thunderlight line after Saturday.

Tramper Al
01-27-2005, 12:49
I am a big fan of their Thunderlight line, waterproof and breathable. In fact, I use Thunderlight pants as my winter shell pants for all my winter hiking in New England - including above treeline in the Whites.

Now, the Techlight line I do not know. The listing says water resistant only, and I'm not sure about breathability. Still, I will have to pick up a full suit in orange ($18) for hunting season walks. Thanks for the tip.

dje97001
01-31-2005, 21:05
I just got the techlight pants and anorak in the mail. All I can say is WOW. That just saved me $150 between my wife and me (on either frogg toggs or Red Ledge Thunderlights) and oh... by the way, these things weigh 13.75 oz. Including the two separate stuff sacks! This is somewhere around 4-5 oz. lighter than the pro action suit and even lighter than the thunderlight set. 18 bucks a set? They seem quite well made and definitely feel more breathable than the wisp windshirt--although I'm sure this is one of the areas that makes in less expensive. Zippered pockets on the pants and anorak. The pants are a little snug at the waist so plan accordingly...

I'll eventually let you know how they work in the field.