PDA

View Full Version : Rev. Nickels/Church of the Mountain hostel

Hoop Time
05-10-2011, 23:04
I am going to be doing a story on Rev. Karen Nickels, the pastor at the Church of the Mountain in Delaware Water Gap, who ran the hostel there.

If you have any stories/anecdotes about her that you would like to share, I'd love to hear them.

Just PM me with your contact info and a good time to call.

Thanks!

Hoop Time
05-16-2011, 09:00
Bump ....

Don't tell me this lady has run the hostel in Del. Water Gap all these years and nobody has anything to share about her efforts?

Hoop Time
05-18-2011, 17:21
Last bump ... can't believe someone has done so much for hikers over the years and no hikers are willing to share any kind words about her for this story which will run in AT Journeys

Ender
05-18-2011, 17:31
I would, but I never met the person. Nothing to say.

WingedMonkey
05-18-2011, 21:27
I am going to be doing a story on Rev. Karen Nickels, the pastor at the Church of the Mountain in Delaware Water Gap, who ran the hostel there.

If you have any stories/anecdotes about her that you would like to share, I'd love to hear them.

Just PM me with your contact info and a good time to call.

Thanks!

Wonderful woman, had a wonderful time there twice. Have no intention of PM'ing you with my phone number.

:sun

Hoop Time
05-25-2011, 10:09
Wonderful women, who is retiring after many years helping hikers such as yourself, but I am not about to share any stories about her with a writer profiling her in the ATC's official membership magazine.

You know, you can very easily check out my credentials if you think I am looking to steal your identity. Not like this is the first story I have written about the trail and hikers, or like I just started posting her last week, fer chrissakes.

medic mullins
05-25-2011, 11:15
yes I have a good story please e mail me at [email protected]

medic mullins
05-26-2011, 12:45
Yea dont worry about ppl saying you were not a reporter I know u are i cant see why more ppl dont tell the greatness she has done shes a true trail angel shes the face of the trail , if more ppl were like her the world would be better

Hoop Time
06-03-2011, 11:59
Thanks MM, and thanks for sharing your story abut Rev. Nickels. As for people saying I am not a reporter -- well, I have had editors tell me the same thing *LOL* ... But if they doubt my legitimacy, they could certainly check this http://www.appalachiantrail.org/docs/atj/atj-january-february-2011.pdf or http://www.appalachiantrail.org/docs/atj/atj-may-june-2010.pdf (scroll to page 7)