PDA

View Full Version : partnership shelter pizza

Toolumpy
05-11-2011, 19:51
Going to be hitting this area soon. Do they take credit cards at the pizza place that delivers to the Visitor Center, I most likely think they would.

mweinstone
05-11-2011, 20:13
such sad pizza with 50 minimum and lame ass delivery way way way cold old . they make everything crappy for hikers cause its a designed planned known rip to death. never saw a single smile. just a bunch of sorry hikers trying to recoup their losses selling their extra slices and half lame hogies.

Tagless
05-11-2011, 22:21
The way to handle this is to let the person taking your pizza order on the phone know you want to use a credit card. The delivery person will bring the paper credit card statement to sign.

Rain Man
05-17-2011, 10:29
Going to be hitting this area soon. Do they take credit cards at the pizza place that delivers to the Visitor Center, I most likely think they would.

I recommend you call them (now) and ask. There are at least two that deliver to the Visitors Center. The VC will have the contact info, if you don't have access to a guide book with it. Don't forget a tip! And don't forget they deliver sweet tea and ice too!!! :D

Rain:sunMan

JAK
05-17-2011, 10:38
USA has the best pizza on earth. Accept no substitutes.

jbwood5
05-17-2011, 14:55
Don't know if it is still true (probably not), but when I went through there in 2003, the guy ordering was able to get them (who, I don't know) to deliver a 12 pack of Bud. The driver got a good tip that day.... and those that stayed in the shelter were very happy. :)

Lone Wolf
05-17-2011, 15:16
Don't know if it is still true (probably not), but when I went through there in 2003, the guy ordering was able to get them (who, I don't know) to deliver a 12 pack of Bud. The driver got a good tip that day.... and those that stayed in the shelter were very happy. :)

no alcohol allowed there now

Bare Bear
05-17-2011, 15:19
I've had pizza there several times and it was hot and good...but then a hiker eats anything so maybe I was just happy to get 'real food'.

Brass Rat
05-17-2011, 16:33
no alcohol allowed there now

Ditto that. We were there last month; a couple of thrus went into town for re-supply, and as soon as they arrived back at the parking lot were promptly shaken down by law enforcement to make sure they had no alcohol on them.

jigsaw
05-17-2011, 19:52
such sad pizza with 50 minimum and lame ass delivery way way way cold old . they make everything crappy for hikers cause its a designed planned known rip to death. never saw a single smile. just a bunch of sorry hikers trying to recoup their losses selling their extra slices and half lame hogies.

i was there in april it was a $25 minimum plus tip not $50.i did'nt have any but the hikers there said it was good.

GeneralLee10
05-18-2011, 05:48
Pizza was good, I think we paid cash though.

Rain Man
05-18-2011, 11:04
IMHO, the pizza was just great. But the ice and sweet tea were even better! :D

There were two of us and I don't remember any problem with any minimum charge.

And the "No Alcohol" sign is prominent and apparently totally justified based on past behavior there, per the staff at the Visitors Center.

Tennessee Viking
05-18-2011, 11:15
Pizza Plus takes credit cards.

DBCFlash
05-19-2011, 09:35
Who hauls out the big greasy pizza boxes?

jbwood5
05-19-2011, 10:28

And the "No Alcohol" sign is prominent and apparently totally justified based on past behavior there, per the staff at the Visitors Center.

That sure is clear. No doubt in my mind that the guys who were delivering the beer back in the early 2000's were not supposed to be doing that and it finally got out of hand. Too much booze and ruckus usually causes the authorities to take drastic steps such as the "shakedowns" reported by a previous poster. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that a drunk hiker tried to break into the visitor center after hours back in those years. Something like that really gives the hiking community a bad reputation.

Skidsteer
05-19-2011, 10:47
Who hauls out the big greasy pizza boxes?

There's a dumpster 100 yds. from the shelter.

innermountain
05-19-2011, 14:37
It is best to call and ask, but I'm pretty sure they do take credit cards. Definitely need to give it to them on the phone when you order.

swjohnsey
05-20-2011, 18:26
You can get pizza from Pizza Hut or Pizza Plus. Pizza Hut takes credit cards for sure.

CrumbSnatcher
05-20-2011, 19:28
i was there in april it was a $25 minimum plus tip not $50.i did'nt have any but the hikers there said it was good.
THE GRUB its all good when you been out hiking for a while! try going back the next year in a car,any where you want from georgia to maine 99% of them won't taste quite as good:D

mweinstone
05-20-2011, 19:42
hey. not trying to give untruthes. it is funner to watch and talk about , than to order, wait for, pay for, suffer , and say you had pizza. belive me, if your from south philly, that aint pizza. its cheezy bread with soda. and yes. back in the day the delivery guys brought alot of things. and back then i used to brag about it. you had to know who to ask for or how to get any driver to bend. goes like this,...thank you mamm,..and could you please tell the delivery man he can name his price for some stops to get beer and ciggs and wine and things? then you get a call. and you finagel. but that was then. like lwolf said, drinkin aint allowed. witch means if you do , your willing to not have a shelter there one day if thats the concquences ever. and willing to have me curse your birth if that happens. i need the sink out back of partnership for alot of things. you just eat your cheesy bread and drink beer where its allowed. way funner.

Skidsteer
05-20-2011, 19:48
The way I read the sign is that alcohol is not permitted behind the sign. I slept in my tent. I couldn't even see the sign from there. I'm good.

And the sink rocks. It turns all of us into gourmet cooks.

mweinstone
05-20-2011, 19:48
pfft....yall aint know nufin bout no gravies down dayr.
sheeeet.
we gotz old old old ass italian ladys up in here yo.
dat gravies start like monday ansit.
pfff....you trippin on katchup yo.

sarman
06-04-2011, 08:22
Pizza was hot (well, pretty warm), they took credit cards. Dumpster nearby for boxes. No LE's in sight.

Different Socks
06-04-2011, 13:03

In regards to the minimum ordered, how much did you purchase?

Different Socks
06-04-2011, 13:04
If by chance I am at that shelter alone, what would be an appropriate minimum to order to make it worth the pizza places time to bring it up to the trail?