PDA

View Full Version : Help finding a pack?

tolkien
05-11-2011, 21:06
I'm looking for a good, sturdy pack. My issue is not being able to find packs, simply put. I can find cheap packs, external frame packs, packs of the appropriate size (4000CI), and packs with good reviews. But I can't find a pack that has more than two of these features. Does a small, nice external frame pack exist for a reasonable price?

ekeverette
05-11-2011, 21:21
just an opinion, i love mine,fits great...... osprey aether 70. like shoes though,just have to go to an outfitter and try them on.

EastCoastFeastCoast
05-11-2011, 22:20
Definitely try them on. I was originally attracted to the Osprey's as well... great features and fairly affordable... turned out they just didn't fit me well. Deuter is the one for me, everyone is different!

enurdat1
05-11-2011, 23:54
Definitely try them on. I was originally attracted to the Osprey's as well... great features and fairly affordable... turned out they just didn't fit me well. Deuter is the one for me, everyone is different!
I have an Osprey that is collecting dust. Great pack, just not right on me. I keep going back to my old REI External frame pack. I just picked up a GoLite Pinnacle, and will soon see how it does. I've found the best selection of externals to be used, and on Craigslist, or ebay.