PDA

View Full Version : Lowe Alpine Sirocco Classic 70 + 15

stickat04
12-04-2002, 17:08
Lowe Alpine Sirocco Classic 70 + 15

Anyone have any info on this pack? A out of town friend was gonna put it up on ebay but asked me if i wanted it. I Looked through the web but couldnt find much detailed info on it such as weight.

SGT Rock
12-04-2002, 18:28
Lowe Sirocco: Within the Contour series of packs, the Sirocco II was designed to fit women and slender men. it feature narrower, shorter frame, shortened waistbelt and shoulder straps, and a smaller posture pad. The Sirocco II is sized for multi-week journeys.

Sirocco II ND 70+15: 4200+900 cu. in. 6 lbs. 2 oz.

http://www.hiltonstentcity.com/Lowe-Sirocco.html

I have a Lowe that I've owned since 1986. In 1997 it blew out a seam and delaminated the waterproof coating on the inside. It was very comfortable and handled up to 60 pounds well, but I took it as high as 70 which created some slipping problems for the height adjuster on the frame. If your friend is giving it to you, then take it if the weight doesn't bother you. If he is selling it, a new one costs about $200.

stranger
12-04-2002, 23:02
Keep in mind the Scirocco Classic is a slightly different pack than the current Scirocco. Basically it has the same fit, stay length and designed for women. But uses different foams in the hipbelt and harness...and last year the harness changed for the worse. Lowe uses a different packbag material in the Classics, but that might have changed. But all in all a pretty solid women's pack, and it's about 5 and change in weight, depending on which factory Lowe made it in. It's pretty damn big though, extends to 5100 cu in, but has very good compression so you can shrink it effectively. The Scirocco Classic should retail for around $160. The current Scirocco for about $240. Good luck.

stickat04
12-05-2002, 02:00
Thanks for the info i am a 5'8 male 170 so i told him to try to sell it if he cant ill try it on at xmas when i see him if he hasnt sold it.