PDA

View Full Version : Guylines for WBBB

Azurescens
05-13-2011, 19:32
Hello white blaze, this is my first post. I'm preparing for a SOBO thru hike starting in june. I've been looking at hammocks and am about to order the warbonnet blackbird double 1.1 and a big mamajamba tarp. My question is: how many guylines do I need to buy for the tarp and hammock.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I'm new to hammock camping and there is a lot of info to process.

Raul Perez
05-13-2011, 20:11
Hammock comes with shock cord so your good there.

You'll need guy lines for each corner (4) and to attach to trees (2). To attach to trees I would suggest to go to whoopieslings.com and get a single ridgeline its easy to set up and easy to adjust where you want the tarp

gunner76
05-13-2011, 21:46
For BlackBird you will need 2 stakes, it comes with pull out lines

If you got the BJM (BigMamajama) tarp with out side pull outs you will need 4 ties outs lines for the tarp plus 4 stakes

If you got the BJM (BigMamajama) with side pull outs you will need 8 ties outs lines for the tarp plus 8 stakes.

The side pull outs are to help keep the tarp away from the hammock in case of rain or snow.

You need to practice setting up your gear to make sure you know how it works.

I own 2 BB's and a BMJ tarp with side pull outs

I had just gotten my BJM and was testing it in my backyard and we had 7 inches of snow fall that night. Very valuable lesson on how to set up tarp. I had the tarp set up too low and at too shallow of an angle.

Azurescens
05-14-2011, 14:32
Thanks for the replies. I just ordered the blackbird and the BMJ with no side pull outs. I will definitely practice before I leave, can't wait till they come.