PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a partner to hike some of the AT this summer

Trail_Name
05-16-2011, 21:50
Hey everyone!

I have a couple months off from now and I want to hike the AT for a short while. 26/f looking for at least one other female, but menfolk more than welcome to join. Anywhere but the Smokies because I've already hiked those this summer, and I'm looking to do a week to about a month. I'm pretty laid back and I was hiking nine miles a day on average in the smokies. I was originally planning to go alone but I am still a little uncomfortable with it. Please let me know if you're interested in setting something up! :sun

dwhollo187
05-16-2011, 23:08
hey, im a 25 year old male in the exact situation, i have 3 months off, would love to hike about a month, pretty soon..maybe a little less. but whatever is cool. im real laid back, am comfortable doin anywhere fro 7 to 15 miles a day depending on the situation, maybe more if peopl were lookin to push it. i wanted to do it myself as well, but i would like to have someone with me, for saftey reasons, and just for the experiece.

Trail_Name
05-16-2011, 23:35
I made a mistake in the previous message; I'm off now for the next two months. Are you in the same boat? If so, I say we go for it! Send me a pm and we can chat on the phone or something. Anyone else want to jump on the train?

dwhollo187
05-17-2011, 00:20
yea, thats what i meant as well, sounds good ill maessage you.

firegazer
05-18-2011, 20:07
I am doing a 9 day section beginning June 10 from Roan Mtn. Sounds like we are the same pace...Would love to tackle 90-100 miles in 9 days...I am 52 y.o f who would also like to find others willing to connect up

Trail_Name
05-19-2011, 09:25
Hey, I'd be interested in going with you! I've had two other people express potential interest, too. Would you like to PM me details, or give me a call?

Trail_Name
05-19-2011, 09:26
Or I could call you, firegazer?

Skywalker
05-19-2011, 09:30
Hey everyone!

I have a couple months off from now and I want to hike the AT for a short while. 26/f looking for at least one other female, but menfolk more than welcome to join. Anywhere but the Smokies because I've already hiked those this summer, and I'm looking to do a week to about a month. I'm pretty laid back and I was hiking nine miles a day on average in the smokies. I was originally planning to go alone but I am still a little uncomfortable with it. Please let me know if you're interested in setting something up! :sun
I looked for hiking partners before beginning, and was spurned by everyone. And I couldn't have been luckier. You will run into people all along the way. Most likely, your hiking partners will be determined by the pace you maintain. "Hike your own hike," is the fundamental paradigm out there. Good luck.

Skywalker--Close Encounters on the Appalachian Trail, Highs and Lows on the Pacific Crest Trail

veganpb
05-25-2011, 21:40
Hey! I'm looking to do a month hike in July. I could meet up with you, perhaps?
I'm a 19 year old female. :)

Jeremiah Greenjeans
05-25-2011, 22:20
Leaving SOBO on the 17th of June! PM me if you want to try and rendezvous somewhere!

Trail_Name
05-26-2011, 00:42
Hey, I'd be happy to go along or meet up with either of you- send me a pm if you're interested and we'll figure something out!

JLansky7
05-27-2011, 11:20
Hey all. 26/m from NYC. I'm hiking SOBO on June 10th(if all goes well) starting at Bear mountain, since its the closest point to me. Would be nice to meet up with some people even if its just for a day or two.

Miami Bob 1969
05-29-2011, 11:13
Hey everyone!

I'm interested, when are you leaving now?

waasj
05-30-2011, 22:04
I am planning to SoBo from Damascus to Erwin in July and would appreciate some company. 50 year olde male, average 15 mile days. Feel free to pm.

waasj
05-30-2011, 22:10
I am planning to go SoBo from Damascus to Erwin in mid July. Would not mind a little company. 50 year olde male, 10-15 mile day average. Feel free to PM.

waasj
05-30-2011, 22:11
Oops! Still figuring out just how to post!

Whitey the Newb
05-31-2011, 11:40
Hello! I am trying to hike a part of the AT this summer (27f) and would like to meet other females for hiking partners. I am flexible about the departure time, but would prefer to leave from Springer and go as far as I can (probably hike 1 week to a month. It depends on how well I do). I am not an experienced hiker, so I would need to go at a leisurely pace. Anyone interested in meeting up?

Trail_Name
06-02-2011, 13:29
Waasj, 10-15 miles is too fast for me, I'm a slow poke :)

And Whitey, if you're willing to go further north that Springer, I'll hook up with you if you'd have me. Georgia (my home state) is hotter than Hades right now, so I'm looking to hike somewhere more northerly.

sagittarius
06-02-2011, 20:50
22/F/VA looking to hike for a month or two this summer. :)

waasj
06-02-2011, 21:07
No problem. Have a great time. You will meet some pretty cool people (and the occaisional not so cool). and have some epic experiences.

idyl
06-12-2011, 17:25
28/m looking to do the New York (and possibly New Jersey) sections this summer. I had a friend who was going to accompany me but he had to back out due to work, so I'm looking to see if anyone's interested.

rubyvermonter
06-13-2011, 12:59
I plan to hike south from Front Royal, VA, to Troutville/Daleville (240 miles) in August. I know it will be hot but it is when I get to take time off from work. I have section hiked the trail from Maine to this point. If you are interested, send an IM.