PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on Mio Liquid?

Wise Old Owl
05-18-2011, 18:20
Well They are flavorful and you can add a little or a lot, mostly Water & Citric Acid (Vitamin C) & flavor, they are great to add a little flavor to your water, possible good idea to hide iodide. They are showing up at Acme in the Tea Isle. I like the flavors, but I am a die hard Gatorade guy. So would you pack it?

1.6 oz= 24 servings

http://www.drinkwhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/MiO-Liquid-Water-Enhancer.jpg

Carl in FL
05-18-2011, 19:12
Have you tried it yet? I have, the strawberry watermelon and berry pomegranate. Have not tried the two you depict here. Those I have tried tend to leave an aftertaste in harder water, not so bad in soft. If you are getting your essential minerals from food and natural water, it's OK. I'd pack it.

WingedMonkey
05-18-2011, 20:31
I use to assume citric acid provided Vitamin C, then I compared my lemonaid drink mix to my orange drink mix. (sugar free Wal-Mart brand)
Citric acid does not provide Vitamin C, Ascorbic Acid provides Vitamin C.

:sun

Wise Old Owl
05-18-2011, 21:03
Oh yea my mistake.. Ok Would you pack it?

elray
05-18-2011, 21:11
It's a neat idea but not worth the weight in my opinion. Propel is delicious and weighs nothing, and there is no danger of it opening and spoiling the contents of my pack. Just my thoughts.

4Bears
05-18-2011, 21:25
For me I think I will stick with the Gatorade or such just for the electrolites.

aaronthebugbuffet
05-18-2011, 23:20
Sucralose yuck!
This stuff has no nutritional benefits.
Another "healthy" gimmick.

Enic
05-22-2011, 13:24
Not really a gimmick, just for people who want sweet flavor without the calories...(read diet soda drinkers, and diabetics)

I thought about trying them for trail use, then thought, "You only drink coffe and plain water while at home. Why carry something extra?" A ziplock will save the opening-in-pack fear, but only needed if you're hiding chemical taste, or just don't like the simplicity of water.

mweinstone
05-22-2011, 13:50
i like the idea. im going to get one and try it.it has a high fun factor. the bottle is cool for my gold panning kit. i may drill it and wear it.thanks.

Tenderheart
05-22-2011, 15:03
When I first saw this item in stores recently, I thought that it was perfectly marketed to separate a fool from his money.

mweinstone
05-22-2011, 17:41
i was thinking the opposite. used as a sucktion devise, i belive it can seperate gold flake from dirt. and when you dont eat sugar, stuff like this may contain sugar alcohols witch are good for us mood swingin hypos.