PDA

View Full Version : attn gearhead.. need help

mofro
01-28-2005, 17:35
marmot never winter 30 deg. bag, 1lb 15oz... what do you guys think i found a good deal online for around 130.00 at least i think its a good deal let me know what you guys think... or a comporable bag.

trail runner with good ankle support?

cheap tent under 2 1/2 pounds?

cooking stuff? cheap and light

midget to carry my food? (does not matter how much he/she weighs)

hustler
01-28-2005, 21:22
I carried a Never Winter the whole length of the trail and really liked it. Just don't expect to ever want to use it again after the trail. I aired mine out for a month and took it to a used sporting goods shop to sell. It really didn't have any loft left after the moist weather and the sweating. I would carry one again, good bang for the buck.

Peaks
01-29-2005, 10:34
I carried a Never Winter the whole length of the trail and really liked it. Just don't expect to ever want to use it again after the trail. I aired mine out for a month and took it to a used sporting goods shop to sell. It really didn't have any loft left after the moist weather and the sweating. I would carry one again, good bang for the buck.

When a sleeping bag looses loft (both synthetic and down), try washing it with down soap.

Moose2001
01-29-2005, 11:07
I used a Mamot Sawtooth, 20 degree bag, and I loved it. IMO, Marmot makes great bags and are pretty accurate on the temp ratings they assign. One thing I would ask is, are you a warm or cold sleeper and how well, living in FL, do you tolerate the cold? If you're on the cold side or don't tolerate cold well, you might want to think about a 20 degree bag. It can get pretty cold in those mountains!