PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Trail guide

Graywolf
05-20-2011, 00:18
I know this should go into books, media and such, but this is short notice.. Not many look at that forum..

I am going to start at James River and head north to Harpers Ferry. i dont have any up date guides for the Virginia section and dosnt look like I will have time to get one, or maps..

I do have a 2004 hikers companion. How much has the Trail changed since it was released? You think I maybe able to get buy with it??

And is Rockys Hard Time Hollow still open??

Thanks in advance..Graywolf

jcb
05-20-2011, 00:24
Rusty's hard time. Last I heard it was intermittent. But summer is your best bet.

Graywolf
05-20-2011, 01:13
Rusty's hard time. Last I heard it was intermittent. But summer is your best bet.

Thanks.....

MadAussieInLondon
05-21-2011, 17:04
Have fun, lots of hikers going through james river footbridge right now. I picked up several every other day in the last two weeks.

Joker4ink
05-22-2011, 22:02
I have an Adope pdf file of the 2010 AT Thru-Hikers' Companion if you would like it. Just shoot me your email address and I'll send you over the file.

Sly
05-22-2011, 22:20
I have an Adope pdf file of the 2010 AT Thru-Hikers' Companion if you would like it. Just shoot me your email address and I'll send you over the file.

Ummm, that's not really cool (the online companion is no longer freely distributed).

Not for nothing, you can get a completely updated PDF of the Companion for $8. Your money will be well spent as ALDHA has various programs benefiting the trail.

Or, for only $10, you can join ALDHA and receive the Online Companion for free, along with a quarterly Newsletter and annual member Directory.

http://www.aldha.org/comp_pdf.htm

You can also buy the hard copy of the 2011 Companion from the ATC at their store...

https://www.atctrailstore.org/catalog/itemlist.cfm?catid=42&pcatid=0&compid=1

Sly
05-22-2011, 22:49
And is Rockys Hard Time Hollow still open??

Rusty's?

Nope, no longer open.

WingedMonkey
05-22-2011, 22:57

Some hikers at Waynesville YMCA got invited to visit, maybe he needed someone to talk too.

:D

Joker4ink
05-22-2011, 23:06
Ummm, that's not really cool (the online companion is no longer freely distributed).

Correct, the 2011 is not free unless you are an ALDHA member. However the 2010 version was put up on their website for free distribution so I do not see any issue with passing the 2010 version on.

WingedMonkey
05-23-2011, 00:15
Some hikers at Waynesville YMCA got invited to visit, maybe he needed someone to talk too.

:D

My bad make that Waynesboro. I got Carolina on my mind