PDA

View Full Version : Not riding the Harley while thru-hiking!

Draggin
01-28-2005, 20:47
This is going to be a tough thing to endure. Especially coming down into those small towns and seeing them all lined up. Could be a bummer!! Fellow riders, Any tips on dealing with this!!
Draggin

sprocket
01-28-2005, 21:27
I'll be leaving behind my '02 1200 custom, an old triumph 750....yes, a Bonneville, numerous basket cases etc..... and a BRAND NEW BUELL XB12Scg! Only for the month I'll be hiking The Long Trail, though. But DAMN, I'll miss 'em.
The way I see it, the scoot(s) will always be there....as will the twisty roads. (Rte 16 N. into New Hampshire is a big time fav of mine:) ). You may even realize how much MORE you appreciate the twist of the wrist....as opposed to an ankle....;)

Mountain Dew
01-28-2005, 22:55
Just wait till you get to Shenandoah National Park. Bikes everywhere. I have a 2003 Buell Firebolt XB9R.

Tha Wookie
01-28-2005, 23:10
You could bring a gas-powered leave blower with you so people will still get annoyed everytime you pass them!

Ride to Live!

Percival
01-29-2005, 01:41
You could bring a gas-powered leave blower with you so people will still get annoyed everytime you pass them! Ride to Live!
How many days in VI did you pay for terrorizing that toney neighborhood with your "blower"? can you say ear splitting? :bse

Capt Chaos
01-29-2005, 08:52
Hey Mountain Dew, since you hounded Lone Wolf about his Harley in the hiker parade, I think you outta take yours this next trail days. I think you were just jealous that he got to lead it and you didnt. :D

Palmer
01-29-2005, 14:21
It'll be a bummer, but I've gone all winter without riding so I know that I can survivie.

peter_pan
01-29-2005, 18:52
Go ride 2000-3000 miles in Feb and plan a couple thousand mile trip for Nov when you are through with your thru....Then enjoy you hike knowing it is sandwiched between two super rides...works for me,

Iron butt member and section hiker. :jump

steve hiker
01-29-2005, 20:18
Go ahead and ride your Harley on the trail. Just put on some of those big knobby dirtbike tires and an extra thick muffler to comply with LNT.

sprocket
01-29-2005, 21:08
Hey UGH,
Great Idea.....but LNT would have to be thrown right out the friggin' window:cool: ! Also, you'd best use a sportster....w/a longer rear axle & dirtbike fork tubes and rear shocks etc...
"Whew, I did 137.6 miles today!" Bou-Yeah!.....I have a vision.....I see multi fuel capable titanium Harleys.....stoves that fold outta the tanks! Telescoping handlebars that turn into walking sticks (for fjording rivers, of course....). Biker based hostels.....McKayes true vision of course....:-? :)

Draggin
01-29-2005, 21:42
Sproket I like that vision!!!
Draggin

Lone Wolf
01-30-2005, 14:22
Hey Draggin, when you get to Damascus if you're Jonesing bad, I'll let you take take my Fat Boy around the block.

Mountain Dew
01-31-2005, 02:30
Capt. Chaos, Great memory of that long ago thread, but jealous I was not. I simply thought that a person on two feet should have led the parade instead of a hiker on a bike. Think of how a hiker leading a biker parade would look. What purpose would me riding my Buell XB9R Firebolt in the parade serve ? None. I suppose it's different strokes for different folks right ? :cool:

Jaybird
01-31-2005, 08:54
Draggin'

i feel yer pain!
i love ridin' the bike from spring til late fall in TN.
the curvy backroads of TN & KY are made for ridin' bikes....

i, too, miss ridin' when i'm on the trail.....fortunately i'm only away afew weeks since i'm a section-hiker. hehehehehehehehe :D

Capt Chaos
01-31-2005, 21:01
Mountain Dew, I just think that your a sissy.

SavageLlama
01-31-2005, 22:22
Hey Draggin, when you get to Damascus if you're Jonesing bad, I'll let you take take my Fat Boy around the block.
And when you're done, Lone Wolf will let you ride his motorcycle.

:D

prozac
01-31-2005, 22:28
Thats just wrong! :D

Draggin
02-01-2005, 08:41
Sounds like savageLlama is a typical harley owner wannabe. Save your money dude, keep dreaming, maybe someday! Draggin

Panama Red
02-01-2005, 16:34
my nonly tip is to not get buy an indian before your hike cause then you'll never leave home with out it

The Old Fhart
02-01-2005, 17:07
"Said James, in my opinion, theres nothing in this world;
beats a '52 Vincent and a red-headed girl."

Draggin
02-01-2005, 18:08
We can't forget about all those other vintage machines including the red head!
Draggin

Mountain Dew
02-01-2005, 20:47
Capt. Chaos... If I wanted any lip from you I would have pulled it off of L. Wolf's zipper boy. But if you still wanna let me know that i'm a sissy then I'm very easy to find at any Trail Dayz or Gathering. I look forward to it. bwahahaaaaa :banana

Lone Wolf
02-02-2005, 10:16
Well that's a mature thing to say. How cute. You're a Christian cop? Big tough guy.

Capt Chaos
02-03-2005, 20:16
Hey Lone Wolf, Mountain Dew keeps Private Messaging me trying to do an identity check. He is trying to say that I know no one from Billville. First off Mountain Dimwit, I do know some guys of Billville. Chomp, Jester, Baltimore Jack, Bag of Tricks, Mala (is he Billville person?), and Woody. There are more, I just dont really know them. I did not say I was a member or whatever of Billville, I just know them thru traildays. And yes, Chomp was the one to give me my trail name.

Mountain Dimwit, I guess this may not present the cold hard evidence to you but here is at least a picture of me and chomp. But dude, just believe what you want. Kick my ass at Traildays if you want. I havent done anything to harm you. I just poked a little fun thats all. Simmer done boy.

http://gallery.backcountry.net/chomp-traildays03/acy?full=1

The Old Fhart
02-03-2005, 20:32
Hey, Capt Chaos, hope to see you at Billville this upcoming Trail Days for the third year in a row. Don't forget your cape for the parade. Regards, TOF

Lone Wolf
02-03-2005, 22:11
I hereby vouch for Capt. Chaotic, that he personally knows some Billville members.

Lone Wolf
Vice President
Hobo Central

steve hiker
02-04-2005, 00:10
Hey Lone Wolf, Mountain Dew keeps Private Messaging me trying to do an identity check. He is trying to say that I know no one from Billville. First off Mountain Dimwit, I do know some guys of Billville. Chomp, Jester, Baltimore Jack, Bag of Tricks, Mala (is he Billville person?), and Woody. There are more, I just dont really know them. I did not say I was a member or whatever of Billville, I just know them thru traildays. And yes, Chomp was the one to give me my trail name.

Mountain Dimwit, I guess this may not present the cold hard evidence to you but here is at least a picture of me and chomp. But dude, just believe what you want. Kick my ass at Traildays if you want. I havent done anything to harm you. I just poked a little fun thats all. Simmer done boy.
I think the East Coast AT community is starting to resemble the lowlife East Coast population way too close. Buncha thugs and dimwits.

A-Train
02-04-2005, 00:15
I think the East Coast AT community is starting to resemble the lowlife East Coast population way too close. Buncha thugs and dimwits.

Thanks for your contribution thats great stuff. Maybe we should strive to emulate the wise folks on the left coast who elected a body builder who can't speak english as their governor.

steve hiker
02-04-2005, 00:23
Thanks for your contribution thats great stuff. Maybe we should strive to emulate the wise folks on the left coast who elected a body builder who can't speak english as their governor.
I'm not exactly on the left coast. The Californicaters couldn't take the clean air here very well.

Mountain Dew
03-03-2005, 02:18
Mountain dimwitt ? haha..sortof clever and original. Not bad for a computer, pack sniffing, geek.

Capt. Knee pads, For once get off your knees and get the facts straight. You sent me a private message insisting that you had actually met people in Billville for some unknown reason. Like that would get me to not comment when you opened your mouth towards me or something I suppose. When you got no reply you sent me another pm in an attempt to get me to pat you on the head. "good boy"... " I was trying to do a identity check on you" ? hahahaaa Looking at the picture you put in that link gives me a real good idea of who you most likely are. Thanks for the laugh.

OK OK I'll admit that you have met people that call themselves Billville. Calm down groupie. If you are a good boy you just might get to sniff their packs very soon.

"Kick my ass at Traildays if you want." ... hahah...who said that I would do that ? I simply made the point that you are a typical online geek/wuss that calls people out online, but would never even think of such brave words face to face. I love it how you chime in with the "sissy" comment, but now act like it was all a joke and how I should just roll over and except the comment.

Tell me Capt. Knee Pads.... Do you call LW daddy or big poppa when in action ? :dance

Hey LW, does your woman know about this assclown ? Does he really wear a cape ? How cute... A cape AND knee pads.... hahahaaaaa

Lone Wolf
03-03-2005, 09:45
Grow up kid. YOU'RE the assclown Dew.

peter_pan
03-03-2005, 09:45
Hikers are starting to give bikers a bad name....too much bull...sit down, hold on, shut up and ride....thought this thread was about riding cycles....

Have a 9,000 mile trip to the south west canyon lands planned for June...after an AT section in March and Trail Days in Mayl....sure enjoyed my 3,300 mile ride to SoRuck and back to start the year in January....looking to another section in the fall and a ride to Biketober Fest in October......

Of course all of this is just a excuse to be outdoors in a great country, having fun,and sleep each night in my hammock....Life is Good. :)

hipo
03-03-2005, 10:07
Well either stop at that biker bar in maryland or dont!I personally have a couple of times and enjoy it every time.the balcony is great to soak up some suds,well now it would be coffee:dance Hipo

Lone Wolf
03-03-2005, 10:11
Last I heard The Dogpatch Saloon was shut down. Drug bust.

Jaybird
03-03-2005, 10:39
"Said James, in my opinion, theres nothing in this world;
beats a '52 Vincent and a red-headed girl."

Soooooooooooooo, TOF, youre the one that owned the VINCENT!
hehehehehehehe :D

The Old Fhart
03-03-2005, 11:10
Jaybird-"Soooooooooooooo, TOF, youre the one that owned the VINCENT!"Jaybird, just don't tell my wife about that red-headed girl! :D

Blue Jay
03-03-2005, 19:58
Mountain dimwitt ? haha..sortof clever and original. Not bad for a computer, pack sniffing, geek.

Capt. Knee pads, For once get off your knees and get the facts straight. You sent me a private message insisting that you had actually met people in Billville for some unknown reason. Like that would get me to not comment when you opened your mouth towards me or something I suppose. When you got no reply you sent me another pm in an attempt to get me to pat you on the head. "good boy"... " I was trying to do a identity check on you" ? hahahaaa Looking at the picture you put in that link gives me a real good idea of who you most likely are. Thanks for the laugh.

OK OK I'll admit that you have met people that call themselves Billville. Calm down groupie. If you are a good boy you just might get to sniff their packs very soon.

"Kick my ass at Traildays if you want." ... hahah...who said that I would do that ? I simply made the point that you are a typical online geek/wuss that calls people out online, but would never even think of such brave words face to face. I love it how you chime in with the "sissy" comment, but now act like it was all a joke and how I should just roll over and except the comment.

Tell me Capt. Knee Pads.... Do you call LW daddy or big poppa when in action ? :dance

Hey LW, does your woman know about this assclown ? Does he really wear a cape ? How cute... A cape AND knee pads.... hahahaaaaa

You truly are a no class individual, Moutain Assclown.

MileMonster
03-03-2005, 21:13
Last year we hiked off-and-on with a fellow named Hogwalker, from Trimpi in VA all the way to Katahdin. He is from Connecticut and part of an active biker club. When he got to a road crossing in the Whites his buddies and wife were waiting on him. They put his pack on one of the bikes and said that they were taking him to Laconia! He said he couldn't, he needed to make some miles. They said "Tough luck, your pack is already 5 miles down the road!" So off they went. Now there's some nice trail magic.

Mountain Dew
03-04-2005, 02:28
Blue Wacko... How do you find the time to follow me around and take the opposite stance from me on every thread I post on ? You are obsessed with me. I knew that I didn't like you after you said that my praying for the troops made you want to puke. Liberal internet coward ! Now you call me classless for taking up for myself because I was called a name for appearantly no reason. If you could comprehend past the third grade level you would have noticed that this thread was peaceful till then. I suppose you'd let somebody call you a name on here without retort riiiight ? Admit it, you simply are using this as a way to attack me again. Weak minded and sad. You think I'm classless ? hahahaaa Ask Miss Janet, Baltimore Jack, Bob Peoples, Honey and Bear from the Cabin, Tom Lavarde from the hostel in Dalton, Jester, Bag of Tricks, Tinman of antigravitygear.com, Mala and the list goes on. I'm sure you've heard of them all on the internet.

LW, while you taking up for this *roman camp follower is admirable you need to be more objective. You and I had no beef on this thread till I was called a name for no reason. You were even kidding with me about the bike thing till camp follower thought he'd hide behind the computer and throw insults out. If taking up for myself makes me an assclown then I guess I am one. Did you really expect me to sit back and let somebody slam me without commenting ? You wouldn't.

Blue Jay
03-04-2005, 07:08
You think I'm classless ? hahahaaa Ask Miss Janet, Baltimore Jack, Bob Peoples, Honey and Bear from the Cabin, Tom Lavarde from the hostel in Dalton, Jester, Bag of Tricks, Tinman of antigravitygear.com, Mala and the list goes on.

Yes, they also know you are classless. They also know you'll be bragging about being a Mairntt Boy for the rest of you life because that is the only thing you've got going. That hike is over, move on little man.

Blue Jay
03-04-2005, 07:10
Actually Tom in Dalton does not remember you, sorry for the error.

Mountain Dew
03-04-2005, 20:52
Blue Wacko, "Yes, they also know you are classless. They also know you'll be bragging about being a Mairntt Boy for the rest of you life because that is the only thing you've got going. That hike is over, move on little man." --- Is that the best you could do ? Needless to say you didn't speak to any of the above mentioned. Most likely because you only know their names via the internet where you do most of your hiking. hahahaaa "the hike is over move on little man" ? bwahahaaa hilarious. I hear through the grapevine that you stand under 5'7 150, but i'm the little man ? haha As you are busy internet hiking this summer AS USUAL I'll be thru-hiking the PCT. I also did some hiking around Erwin for over a month this past fall. OOPS..how does your foot taste ? You keep pitching the softballs and I'll keep hitting homeruns off of your mouth champ ! hahaaa :banana

Blue Wacko, "Actually Tom in Dalton does not remember you, sorry for the error."--- You talked to him ? hahaaa LIAR ! Let's contact him and see who here has credibility and who doesn't.

When you lose the argument you turn to lies. When your posts are proven lies you turn to insults or grammar/ spell checks which I suppose is next. Once agai8n I have proven you to be the internet hiking coward liberal wacko that you trully are. Now scurry away rat.

steve hiker
03-05-2005, 00:45
I think both of you are in bad need of some good p*uzzy or some good pot, or both, probly at the same time. :banana :sun :banana

emphasis on the jumpin 'bananas'

Mountain Dew
03-05-2005, 01:41
WOW.....Pothead....that was actually pretty funny. I got a good laugh out of that. :clap :jump

Blue Jay
03-05-2005, 11:50
I hear through the grapevine that you stand under 5'7 150, but i'm the little man ?

You finally said something funny, little man. Actually I'm very happy you'll be on the PCT, but are you going to survive without the other Marntt Boys.

lobster
03-05-2005, 13:42
Speaking of clowns, has that clown's face with open mouth in that privy on the trail been repainted or has it just faded away?

Jester2000
03-09-2005, 22:39
See, the problem here is that, like most people, Dew doesn't always think before he hits that POST button. But I can tell you a couple of things (and will try to think before I hit the button) --

Mountain Dew does, in fact, know all of the people he mentioned. If Tom doesn't recall him at the moment it's probably because the last time they jawed was probably at a campfire in Hanover 2 yrs ago (he's a Texas boy, and can only take New England for so long).

I, for one, would say that despite how he comes across online he is a classy, kind hearted, loyal young man, except when he's complaining about Billville stealing Dryland's women. It can't be helped, Dew. We're not really even trying.

That he is classy is proved by the fact that he has done remarkably good things for people that none of those assailing him know about, that he does not brag about, and that he will not mention even in his own defense.

See you all at Trail Days (including Chaos, who I also know)!

Mountain Dew
03-10-2005, 03:43
.... JESSSSSTERRRR !

I assure you that Tom knows me and wouldn't have to ponder in the slightest if asked if he knew me. Though I haven't kept in contact with him as good as I should though we still exchange the occasional email. He gave me and another hiker the key to his house for three days while he was at work. Remember that NO hikers are allowed to be in his house unless he is there normally. He slacked me and two Mairnttt... Boys farther than he does 99% of the time for hikers. He took several of us out to eat ON HIS dime. We paid him back the next night by doing the same for him. Yeah, I'd feel really comfortable with somebody asking him about my character.

Billville doesn't even need to try to get Drylands women ? whoa... hahahaa I could go on and on about this but won't. Atleast you acknowledge the fact that we get women !!! :bse

Jester, "That he is classy is proved by the fact that he has done remarkably good things for people that none of those assailing him know about, that he does not brag about, and that he will not mention even in his own defense." --- Are you referring to the time that Jack wondered to far away from his tent at night while taking a poo and got lost thus had to yell out for somebody with a light ? Yes, I confess. I came to his aid at that terrible hour of the night. :datz

I should have done bad things to that bunny of yours when I had her alone.... :D You are so diplomatic Jester. Love you to ! :sun

jmaclennan
03-10-2005, 18:23
despite how he comes across online he is a classy, kind hearted, loyal young man

that's the point. mountain douche (as i like to call him) is very polite in person, but online he's rather divisive. any he won't return my survey. total wuss, but fun to hike with and laugh at.

to anyone thinking about it though, i wouldn't try to fight him. he's pretty big and into that ultimate fighting crap. i think i saw him in backyard wrestling volume IX.

Mountain Dew
03-11-2005, 02:10
He said " backyard wrestling " hahaahahahaaaa Boy JMac throws the verbal punch like a champ. Funniest underwear staining hiker I ever met. Busting my chops like I was his little brother. I'm gonna roll you up into a ball and roll you down a blue blaze when I see you Grey Matter/ Jmac. Geez, He said " backyard wrestling volume whatever" ... He wins..... that crap was hella funny. hahahahahahaaaa :datz