PDA

View Full Version : Food available at campground stores in SNP

moldy
05-22-2011, 19:55
I will be thru-hiking the park and was wondering about food I can expect to find in the campstores along the AT in the park. The book say's "short-term resupply" so they have candy bars. I was wondering if they sell, mac&cheese, pasta sides, ramanan noodles, tuna, spam, tortillia's, pop tarts.(the crap that us hikers cook for dinner).

chiefiepoo
05-22-2011, 21:11
I will be thru-hiking the park and was wondering about food I can expect to find in the campstores along the AT in the park. The book say's "short-term resupply" so they have candy bars. I was wondering if they sell, mac&cheese, pasta sides, ramanan noodles, tuna, spam, tortillia's, pop tarts.(the crap that us hikers cook for dinner).
At the waysides at Loft Mtn., Elk Wallow and Lewis Mtn CG, all of the above. At Big Meadows, some fresh veg and fruit and sometimes a small selection of dehydrated meals.

mweinstone
05-22-2011, 21:16
misery times cost plus time over lame equals keep going.gabeesh?

Lemni Skate
05-23-2011, 07:47
I was just at Big Meadows wayside and there's a decent supply of things, but nothing like a little grocery store would have.

StreamWalker
06-20-2011, 20:55
I was just at Big Meadows wayside and there's a decent supply of things, but nothing like a little grocery store would have.

I agree, decent supply, but not a wide variety.