PDA

View Full Version : Solio Solar Charger

Graywolf
05-23-2011, 14:49
Just bought the Solio Rocksta Charger from REI and testing it this week. Anyone use it??

Reports?

Thinking about returning it and just getting the Bruton Solar Explorer..Any one use these?

Leaving next week and trying to decide to keep it or not..

Graywolf

mweinstone
05-23-2011, 15:24
the 5 watt blacburn flee charger is simply the bomb. it wont charge a thing unless its at full powere in direct sun. so no wasteing time shade chargeing slow. its lighter than any, better, faster, more powerful, charges any usb device, has no storage system to make it heavy, indestructable.

Jagglax
06-05-2011, 00:45
I found this on amazon for around $15. It looks like a great price on gear, but will it charge a iPhone/iPod. Also how fast will it charge a small electronic.

JaxHiker
06-08-2011, 14:27
I'd return it. After a failed attempt at using it on the AT last year I decided it was useless. If you discharge it you'll never get enough light to recharge it while on the trail. Hell, it barely recharged while sitting on the dashboard during my 9-hour drive home. POS if you ask me. Unless you're in the desert or something.

ChinMusic
06-08-2011, 15:10
I'd return it. After a failed attempt at using it on the AT last year I decided it was useless. If you discharge it you'll never get enough light to recharge it while on the trail. Hell, it barely recharged while sitting on the dashboard during my 9-hour drive home. POS if you ask me. Unless you're in the desert or something.
This is my take on current solar chargers in general for the AT. You just are not exposed to enough sun. Out west......maybe.

hawkeye
06-08-2011, 15:36
the 5 watt blacburn flee charger is simply the bomb. it wont charge a thing unless its at full powere in direct sun. so no wasteing time shade chargeing slow. its lighter than any, better, faster, more powerful, charges any usb device, has no storage system to make it heavy, indestructable.

How long to charge your phone?

ChinMusic
06-08-2011, 15:50
How long to charge your phone?
Careful asking Matty a serious question unless you have the decoder ring.

hawkeye
06-08-2011, 15:59
Careful asking Matty a serious question unless you have the decoder ring.

Did I open a can of worms???

CowHead
06-08-2011, 16:51
mine works great no problems been out a week in april work like a charm next trek is the end of the month in O-My-Rock-a-vania