PDA

View Full Version : kelty is doing me wrong

medic mullins
05-24-2011, 12:08
Im hiking to maine on the trail we have had two kelty packs break in 17 days , When I called customer service and I told the lady I am a war vet doing a documentry on the trail she said i was not aloud to record the convo and she hung up on me , so yea kelty is very rude to returning war vets i still have the broken pack ,im just gonna buy a osprey on the 1st , they overnight u a new pack if yours breaks and when i called them they were very sweet !!

mweinstone
05-24-2011, 12:18
actualy, to be fair,...kelty received a call concerning pack replacement from you and was informed they were being recorded and that by a war vet. without alot of information, i assume the employee had no way of knowing what was their responsibility.maby to err on the side of caution, they hung up. i bet if you try again you will get the best service ever. ill bet you anything i have. in fact, if i were to call and pretend im you with the same story, and if i said honestly i was calling back to be sure of what transpired earlier, and that i belive i was done an injustice, they would satisfy any claim within reason. i gaurentee this. their simply are no major companies such as kelty in the hiking world who dont . bet ya had a bad day before you called, and mentioning filming puts the return issue secondary. no ones ready to be documented for a war vets hiking film every time they pick up the phone at work.

Lyle
05-24-2011, 12:20
Sounds like you may have called with a chip on your shoulder and a threatening attitude in your voice.

It was probably the first time you spoke with the woman, she had a bad first impression.

A friend and I had issues with our Kelty packs many years ago. We called their service department and were told to send the packs in and they would evaluate and either repair or replace. We explained that we were currently on a very extended backpacking trip, and could not be without our packs for as long as that would take. They apologized, and said there was nothing else they could offer.

Another friend suggested we call again, and this time ask to speak to someone in public relations. We did, explained our situation, and asked if there was some way they could help. To make a long story short, Kelty sent out two new pack bags, we returned the defective ones. About a month later, we also received the original bags which had been repaired.

My point is, be pleasant, speak to someone who has authority to bend the rules, and ask for assistance.

LoneRidgeRunner
05-24-2011, 12:31
two Kelty packs broke? were they eaten by a bear? I own 2 Kelty packs..an Arapahoe and a Slickrock and the Slickrock is one of the best packs I've ever owned I also owned a Kelty Redwing which was also a very nice (and durable) day pack I had a Kelty Windfoil III tent (still do) once a pole broke and poked a hole in the tent body ..I called Kelty..got a return authorization and they replaced the pole and repaired the tent free of charge..all it cost me was one way shipping... Usually if you speak in a calm and nice tone to these top outdoor equipment manufacturers they will bend over backwards to help you.. But if you call in a peed off mood and threatening to record the convo..etc...I would have hung up on you too if that was the case

mweinstone
05-24-2011, 12:38
he said they broke. hes a vet. he just fought for your right to acuse him of being less than honorable. might wanna trust a vet. at least thats what i preach. seems i remember being told to do that as a kid. not asked. i say he broke them because he was hiking and they broke. thats where my moneys at.the packs both broke hiking. yupper. im feelin it. man,...if i had a hike,....i would hike. hike on soldier.

LoneRidgeRunner
05-24-2011, 12:41
two Kelty packs broke? were they eaten by a bear? I own 2 Kelty packs..an Arapahoe and a Slickrock and the Slickrock is one of the best packs I've ever owned I also owned a Kelty Redwing which was also a very nice (and durable) day pack I had a Kelty Windfoil III tent (still do) once a pole broke and poked a hole in the tent body ..I called Kelty..got a return authorization and they replaced the pole and repaired the tent free of charge..all it cost me was one way shipping... Usually if you speak in a calm and nice tone to these top outdoor equipment manufacturers they will bend over backwards to help you.. But if you call in a peed off mood and threatening to record the convo..etc...I would have hung up on you too if that was the case

Oh to continue..I once lost a part from a Gregory pack..not a Gregory defect but a me defect...I called for payment instructions and price with shipping for a replacement part...I also admitted it wasn't their fault I lost a part but mine... The man asked for my mailing address and said he would send me the part ...free of charge and NO shipping charge...the key is "be nice." Sounds like Osprey also has good PR policy and stands behind their equipment...

mweinstone
05-24-2011, 12:53
Oh to continue..I once lost a part from a Gregory pack..not a Gregory defect but a me defect...I called for payment instructions and price with shipping for a replacement part...I also admitted it wasn't their fault I lost a part but mine... The man asked for my mailing address and said he would send me the part ...free of charge and NO shipping charge...the key is "be nice." Sounds like Osprey also has good PR policy and stands behind their equipment...

you are correct. sorry read it wrong.respect old dude.

LoneRidgeRunner
05-24-2011, 13:11
mweinstone..1rst I didn't say or imply that he was less than honorable (at least that wasn't my intention) I'm just really surprised that 2 Kelty back packs broke in the same group of people in 17 days, given the usual quality of Kelty packs... I have all the respect in the world for vets...I just happen to be one (vet) myself (Vietnam) If that apology was meant for me it's accepted... I realize we have had some disagreements but it's time to bury the hatchet....Thanks...:)

medic mullins
05-24-2011, 13:18
The issue I had was I was hung up on i did call back josh was very nice so was dave , I used to swear by kelty packs , But day one my girl friends shoulder strap broke and so we drove that one back 150 miles , then when we got on the trail to acaully hike my girl friends pack belt broke where the mesh so her gear fell out .................i did not call with a chip on my shoulder and if you have a problem with me im at deleware water gap pa right now ...anyway im a swet guy and help every one on the trail , i did 1000 miles last time i worked for the amc three times and the american hemlock association {dont mind my spelling i dropped out of scholl on 911 } anyway i was a medic for the core so i expect good customer service , any way we are going to go with osprey packs they just seem to care more about at hikers plus we have had 2 packs break in 17 days ...hmm seems ****ty to me but anyway guys god bless all of you !!!!!!!!!!and my name is nicholas mullins if any one would like to find me on face book , also if i can ever help any one on the trail just e mail me at [email protected] ill help any one also i have saved a life on the trail before and i just gave a hiker shirts and socks so yea try me and ill help but beware im not trusting kely im scared if i send this pack back ill just another kelty that will break again and my girlfriend should have good gear i can trust

medic mullins
05-24-2011, 13:21
my attorny{ Lewis dean } said i have the right to record the convo and im documenting every thing on the trail so hikers know what gear is good and bad i know how to talk to compaines since my mom and step dad own 2 ,,,but yea guys im glad u like kelty but all the hikers on the trail now use gegory or osprey

Lostone
05-24-2011, 13:30
Let me see......

Your first post ever on this website trashes a respected equipment manufacture, Then you spout off about being a veteran?????? Now your spouting off having the right to record your conversations on advice from your attorney......I am no expert but I think you should probably should get another attorney. I think there is some sort of law about recording conversations with out the other parties permission.

I gotta giggle here.....ALL the hikers on the trail use gegory or osprey.......Well I hike I use an Alps pack, my wife has a hard mountain, son has a go lite and daughter has a ula.

I think you should probably refrain from spouting off before you have all the facts.

LoneRidgeRunner
05-24-2011, 13:31
The issue I had was I was hung up on i did call back josh was very nice so was dave , I used to swear by kelty packs , But day one my girl friends shoulder strap broke and so we drove that one back 150 miles , then when we got on the trail to acaully hike my girl friends pack belt broke where the mesh so her gear fell out .................i did not call with a chip on my shoulder and if you have a problem with me im at deleware water gap pa right now ...anyway im a swet guy and help every one on the trail , i did 1000 miles last time i worked for the amc three times and the american hemlock association {dont mind my spelling i dropped out of scholl on 911 } anyway i was a medic for the core so i expect good customer service , any way we are going to go with osprey packs they just seem to care more about at hikers plus we have had 2 packs break in 17 days ...hmm seems ****ty to me but anyway guys god bless all of you !!!!!!!!!!and my name is nicholas mullins if any one would like to find me on face book , also if i can ever help any one on the trail just e mail me at [email protected] ill help any one also i have saved a life on the trail before and i just gave a hiker shirts and socks so yea try me and ill help but beware im not trusting kely im scared if i send this pack back ill just another kelty that will break again and my girlfriend should have good gear i can trust

That does sound like you got a couple lemons from Kelty...I was surprised though but btw I do carry Gregory packs now....not because I had problems with Kelty packs though...Maybe they're not making them like they did when I bought mine..It was quite a few years ago.. Hopefully you will have better luck with the Osprey..I've never tried one myself...

medic mullins
05-24-2011, 13:34
u are right u need permision on both sides of the phone unless its a company , i use a low alpine pack for there years , also im setting in a HOSTLE NOW AND MY GIRLFRIEND IS THE ONLY ONE WITH A KELTY PACK HERE , should i post a vidieo for you sir ?

medic mullins
05-24-2011, 13:39
loneridgerunner there s no problem man god bless you if you ever need my help just ask and im just makeing sure ppl know my experince remember i was the one who talked my girl friend into the kelty pack , i used to swear by them to the end ........and to the rude guy i posted the fact that im war vet so ppl whould understand my mind fram a lil better but i bet you never served my country and i bet your not a very nice guy please feel free to come see me

scope
05-24-2011, 13:53
Aw, that's nice of you to invite him over like that!

medic mullins
05-24-2011, 13:58
I mean if the man would like to see the pack , i can post a vidieo if i need too of it ?But if he wants to be rude he should man up and come see me i love everyone but i dont know if you guys are aware but im not the only hiker who has had issues with kelty packs we have heard alot of bad stories about them .....what kind of pack do u guys think i should get my 115 pound girl friemnd ? budget is 300 bucks

mister krabs
05-24-2011, 14:22
What model Kelty did you have problems with? It would be good on your part to provide that so that people can possibly avoid it. There are too many good reports to discount Kelty all together.

Sorry you had a couple of lemons and a disappointing customer service experience. So that you understand, and don't just think your CS representative was being a jerk, many large corporations instruct their representatives not to allow themselves to be recorded. They expect their corporate lawyers to handle any recorded calls. When I worked in a call center, we were told that if someone wanted to record our conversation, we should refer them to the legal department. That would have been better than just hanging up.

If you have a lawyer on retainer, then best to deal with it lawyer to lawyer.

By the way, as a veteran, you have my thanks and respect. As one of 22 million veterans alive in the US today, you ain't special.

Lostone
05-24-2011, 14:34
I am not the one who posted this

"so yea kelty is very rude to returning war vets"

So exactly what does being a war veteran have to do with Kelty being rude to you????

Far as being nice, I am very active in my community, Scout leader, church leader, hold a job, pay taxes. I am a Veteran as well, just not a WAR veteran.

As mr. krabs pointed out......there are a lot of us around.

Lostone
05-24-2011, 14:40
Got a PM from medic guy....Asking me what I have done with my life..... that is what the above post is about

Pedaling Fool
05-24-2011, 14:41
I never throw that around that I'm a war vet, don't even look for special prices being retired military. That's a disservice to the service.

medic mullins
05-24-2011, 14:55
Osprey packs ,will stand by there gear , if a osprey pack breaks on the appalachain trail you can simply swing by an outfitter and switch it out , if the outfitter cant help you or you are to far away from outfitter and you are a true long distance hiker they mail your pack where you need it sent ,or if you have a part that breaks they will send that particular part , I also heard that they sometimes will send a back pack care set up , osprey also has a great resevior return policy , they also showed up at trail days this year with a sewing machine to fix packs on the trail for ppl , osprey also reycles there packs and will repair the applachain thru hiker pack and then sell it at speicified repair sell , this helps save the world by less pollution , in other other word s they are using less resources then there competors to make the same amount of packs , this in turn helps saves the appalachain because less pollution is made and also gives vets like me a chance to get a good pack and a great deal , truly in my eyes i can tell osprey just wants hikers to be safe and comfortable on the trail , there gear is known to make it from g.a to m.e ,My biggest mistake this year is not buying a osprey pack i will score one when my va check comes on the 1st cause i want my girlfriend to have gear i know she can trust and when your life is on the line in the 100 mile wilderness i need to know my loved one has the best gear ,the osprey all mighty guarntee covers there packs for life and will repair for free !jeez i feel stupid for starting without an osprey pack!!!!!!!!!!!!there are 4 hikers around me with osprey packs and here i am setting with my second broken kelty pack hhaha jokes on me I guess

medic mullins
05-24-2011, 15:03
stardust my girlfriend has the coyote , and its a great pack but the mesh on the belt things broke .it looks cool but did not hold up sadly and every vet is special in my eyes ...so yea kelty started the back packing world but yea i got two lemons o well ruffwear made my dogs pack and its great !my low alpine pack has around 2200 miles and its still kicken

mister krabs
05-24-2011, 15:03
Don't sweat it man, everyone makes mistakes and wrong choices. There's no reason for feeling stupid about it. If an osprey is what you want, then by all means get one. I have an osprey simplex day pack from when they were still made in Dolores Colorado. It's been bomber, and I still use it.

Lilred
05-24-2011, 17:57
I am not the one who posted this

"so yea kelty is very rude to returning war vets"

So exactly what does being a war veteran have to do with Kelty being rude to you????

Far as being nice, I am very active in my community, Scout leader, church leader, hold a job, pay taxes. I am a Veteran as well, just not a WAR veteran.

As mr. krabs pointed out......there are a lot of us around.

I was wondering the same thing. And why should he feel the need to announce that he's a war veteren. Does he think he deserves to be treated better than anyone else?? I would think a little humbleness would go much further.

tat44too
05-24-2011, 18:03
I've owned a Coyote and a Red Cloud for years. Never one problem with either of the packs or with talking to the Kelty Techs on the phone. You will love your Osprey, though. Good luck...

Hooch
05-24-2011, 18:44
. . . .i was a medic for the core so i expect good customer service. . . . You mean Corps. Anyone should get good customer service from a company whose product you purchased. Being a sailor really is irrealavent.

Tuckahoe
05-24-2011, 18:46
Man I have never thought of myself as a spelling and grammar Nazi, hell it was a subject I struggled with. But Medic Mullins, jesus man, your posts are hard to read and hard to take serious as they are written.

bk18
05-24-2011, 20:00
Throwing around the fact you're a vet and demanding special considerations simply because you're a vet is dishonerable and an injustice to honorable vets everywhere. Being humble makes a good soldier, hubrice does not.

stranger
05-24-2011, 20:33
he said they broke. hes a vet. he just fought for your right to acuse him of being less than honorable. might wanna trust a vet. at least thats what i preach. seems i remember being told to do that as a kid. not asked. i say he broke them because he was hiking and they broke. thats where my moneys at.the packs both broke hiking. yupper. im feelin it. man,...if i had a hike,....i would hike. hike on soldier.

Dude...I love you man...

Toolshed
05-24-2011, 20:53
So here goes.... You called Kelty, told them
1) Pack Broke,
2) Need Replacement
3) I'm a war vet and recording this call to be used in a documentary.
4) she said no you cannot record the call and hung up.
5) you called back and spoke to Josh who was very nice
6) you spoke to Dave, who was also very nice.

So in your thread you have bashed Kelty numerous times, but I think you owe it to the board and readers to explain how Kelty solved the problem. You may be dissatisfied with your Kelty gear, but be reasonable, troop, and let's not let it end here in this fashion.

1) Did Kelty offer a replacement?
2) Did you accept it?
2) Did they offer it free?
3) Did they ship it to you in DWG?
4) Did they offer you anything else to help you on your journey or for your troubles?

You MAY have MADE the decision to get another pack, but what did Kelty Offer/do?

Lostone
05-24-2011, 21:37
Now he saved a life on the trail..:rolleyes:

"ill help any one also i have saved a life on the trail before "

stranger
05-25-2011, 01:41
This is awesome, just awesome...

Trail Bug
05-25-2011, 07:30
This is starting to sound a lot like that guy Spike who was in VA a few years ago telling everyone he was a vet and had that confrontation with the Kiwi's. I am a Vietnam vet, but rarely mention the war. Most vets keep the memories to themselves. Rather just enjoy hiking the trail.

Jim Adams
05-25-2011, 07:48
...know what you mean...I am so jacked that my pack manufacturer doesn't offer blue and also...they wouldn't fund my hike...those bastards!

come on dude...grow up. how can you expect anyone to take you seriously with that attitude.

geek

chiefiepoo
05-25-2011, 08:03
This is starting to sound a lot like that guy Spike who was in VA a few years ago telling everyone he was a vet and had that confrontation with the Kiwi's. I am a Vietnam vet, but rarely mention the war. Most vets keep the memories to themselves. Rather just enjoy hiking the trail.

There are many of us out there who served during a time when telling a stranger that you were a vet was something you might not want to do. I can match DD214's with the best but choose not to make vet status the defining element of my being. Most of my complaints to gear companies initiate with a letter or e mail addressed to "Dear Friends at Kelty / Vasque / MSR / Leki or whomever along with a picture of the problem. Have yet to be dissapointed in a response.

You have much to learn grasshopper

chiefiepoo
05-25-2011, 08:08
Throwing around the fact you're a vet and demanding special considerations simply because you're a vet is dishonerable and an injustice to honorable vets everywhere. Being humble makes a good soldier, hubrice does not.

You nailed it man!

mweinstone
05-25-2011, 08:18
you do all realize h called a guy out like 3 times in this thred? like to fight? at the old dwg corrall? high noon? joke thred. i fully take back my words of kindness to such a one. and your emails are not welcome. you sir are a hothead and a fibber. vamoosh!

skinewmexico
05-25-2011, 10:18
Start buying products made in the USA.

medic mullins
05-25-2011, 11:35
So my spelling is bad i am sorry working on that Um someone asked me what kelty did for us on here the answer is nothing because they said that it souned like normal wear well acaully they said that it sounded like uv rays damage ? well dave said we would need to pay the shipping to send it in for review, i mean i paid 159 plus tax i did not want to spend 30 to 50 bucks to ship it back and then be stuck out here with no pack ......how ever i have heard stories where kelty took care of other hikers but i think the main issue i am haveing is the out fitter who sold us the packs , was storing them in the window and direct sunlight is htting it .....anyway all i know is someone up here said i was not a vet ?hmm i could post my i d card picture would that help ?the only reason the vet thing was brought up is cause i have ptsd and i am trying to do a story about homeless vets in a america so that president oboma can see that there is not only 100, 000 homeless vets but maybe so they will try new and better treatments for the homeless vet program ..im 70 percent compensated from the va for a brain injury and my right thumb was ripped off , and my right leg broke , so im useing my va check to fund this mission ....also some guy said i did save a dude well i hiked in o9 for 4 months my trail name was medic then too his name was greg anyway call woods hole hostle they know i carried that guy thAT WAS POOPING AND THROWING UP ON ME TO THE SHELTER and gave him the last of my food AND I GAVE HIM ELECTROLITES AND SOME MEDICATION he then surprised me with trail magic at woods hole hostle, whatever there are tons of hikers i helped out and if you want to make fun of me on here thats cool i dont care i will keep on posting anyway cause at the end of the day ill give aNYTHING I HAVE TO ANYONE EVEN THEY GUYS ON HERE THAT ARE NOT BEING COOL WITH ME I WOULD STILL HELP THEM!!so yea guys i was just trying to explain that my mind races real fast cause of my ptsd that where the vet thing came in , i was trying to make sure they understood i was doing my best to control my thoughts , i have seen alot and i am in a great deal of pain alot of nights i cry cause i miss my friend gary gilberthorp and others that were killed in action and my main goal this year was to raise a understanding of what its like for a vet to come home and deal with the real world any way god bless and be safe

medic mullins
05-25-2011, 11:36
Someone one said start buying products made in the usa thats a good piont , what packs are made here in the great u s a ?

skinewmexico
05-25-2011, 11:44
ULA, Gossamer Gear, Six Moon Designs, Mountain Laurel Designs, Z-packs, HMG........probably several more I missed. All USA manufactured, by companies that specialize (largely) in long distance hiking.

Cookerhiker
05-25-2011, 11:45
I'm on my 3rd Kelty pack in 34 years - they've done well for me. When the internal pack (Red Cloud) I purchased in '04 came up with a broken zipper, they replaced the whole pack promptly. On my old pack, they did a free outside pocket replacement so I've never had a customer service problem with them.

And of course I never mentioned that I'm a veteran - that's totally irrelevant.

Feral Bill
05-25-2011, 12:05
" i was a medic for the core "

The Marine Corps does not have "medics", they have Navy Corpsmen. This guys story does not hold together at all.

medic mullins
05-25-2011, 12:13
Ok I was went to great lakes for my corpsmen school , u can call dave bowers at that lock haven court house in pa he is my dav rep and maybe he can tell u who i am , not that i really care what u think but yea long story short thanks for the info on the american made stuff i hate supporting over seas so let me get this right kelty makes there junk in chiana probaly using lil kids to do it then great so i supported child labor ? thats not good ,wheres osprey made at ?

mweinstone
05-25-2011, 12:18
correct me if im wrong but havent you had quite the busy day saveing lives and reporting sword weilding crooks at bake oven knob and arguing with reps and filming and posting and breaking packs and hiking to maine and all? and you come across very scary.

medic mullins
05-25-2011, 12:29
hmm um u dont think i shoulda called the cops ? and sorry if u think i wanted to fight that guy hhaha that would be joke he would kill me im hurt and i could fight anyone i was trying to say he could come see the pack ...but yea just keep makeing rude remarks to me , i like the intertanment i also tried to send him im sorry email but said his box was full

medic mullins
05-25-2011, 12:33
so since ppl here are saying im not a vet ill post my id card

medic mullins
05-25-2011, 12:42
[/URL][URL="javascript:;"] (javascript:;)http://sn119w.snt119.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=c179dbbd-86ec-11e0-a90e-00215ad7bb68&Aux=0|0|8CDE910AEF3CDB0||0|0|0|0||&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att

medic mullins
05-25-2011, 12:43
so yea try to say im not a vet now .....anyway bottom lineis i still dont like the fact two kelty packs broke and thats what i statred this thread over .

mister krabs
05-25-2011, 12:57
Dude, you must chill. PTSD may be the reason you're constantly popping off, but it's not an excuse. Combat is over, so kindly stop being so combative. Maybe some more counseling might be as valuable as a hike to help get a hold on your short fuse.

Don't worry about spelling, but when you begin a new thought in a post, hit enter two times, like so:

To answer your question about gear made in the USA, at the top of the forum is a search tool. You will learn more using that than asking the same question as dozens of other people, and get the benefit of all of their perspectives as well.

Here you go, I've done it for you. http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67977

medic mullins
05-25-2011, 13:09
wow thank you mister knabs that helped alot , ill try not to pop off i think the issue is im not very good at expressing my self while typing

i am sorry to the guy i said comedown here lol i truly meant come see pack but my studid self forgot to type that , i do get consuling forabout 3 years now but man its so hard for me not to cry when i go to the doctors

you guys should call dave bowers at lock haven pa court house though he is my d.a.v rep and would love to talk to anyone who thinks im a bad guy , he knows my service record and he knows that i truly do help alot off ppl..........

also thers no cure for ptsd and sometimes i just wish it was over for me its so hard to everyday things for me the trail is the only place i feel safe

I have no criminal record i have never hurt anyone to the guy that said i was scary

mister krabs
05-25-2011, 13:14
I don't thin you're a bad guy, just that you need to work out some issues. Good luck on your continued work with that. Crying is good, it doesn't mean you're a Pussy.

Thanks for the paragraphs, it helps a lot to make your posts readable.

Lyle
05-25-2011, 13:20
Medic Mullins,

Seems you have gotten off to a bad start here on WB. That's unfortunate.

If the situation was as you described with the guy at the shelter (and I assume it was), then it was probably appropriate to report him. Let the authorities check him out and make a determination as to his status.

Regarding the packs. I've used Keltys in the past and have been very pleased with both the product and the service. They are, however now made in China I believe.

I've found ULA packs and I'm VERY pleased with their products and service, plus they are a "cottage" industry here in the US - so much the better. Many of the cottage manufacturers that are popular with long distance hikers are equally as dedicated to good products and fine service.

Might be time to let this thread die a natural death now, stop responding, then start over in a day or two with a more positive first post. Maybe relate some great experience you've had while on your hike.

This is a great place, but I too have found myself embroiled in unintentional controversies at times. It's easy to be misunderstood and to misunderstand comments made via a forum like this. Through the years, I've found if I take a break when that happens, it's a good thing.

Please accept this "unsolicited advice" in the spirit it is intended. Just a friendly suggestion to "reset" your introduction and allow everyone to benefit from your future participation.

Welcome to WhiteBlaze.

Edit: Well, I was writing this post while you were writing yours. Best wishes to you Sir.

atcsweatcrew
05-25-2011, 13:33
I would whole-heartedly agree that Osprey is much better than Kelty! I have had both. Now, however, I do prefer Granite Gear and own 2, one for me and one for my partner. There are all types of people in the world and no matter how nice you may be in trying to explain your situation, it can be taken the wrong way. Unless you are face to face with someone, you don't know how they are interpreting what you are saying. Just like on this forum, people may be saying things in the nicest, most clear way they can, but be interpreted incorrectly. One thing I do know, I know Medic...If the pack his girlfriend was carrying broke, it broke, plain and simple. There is no need to attack anyone personally or in any other way just because they posted an issue they were having with a company, whether reputable or not. Medic had a problem and posted that problem...nothing more, nothing less and some of you have just gone crazy with it....

mister krabs
05-25-2011, 14:15
Medic had a problem and posted that problem...nothing more, nothing less and some of you have just gone crazy with it....

No, it was more, his original tone conveyed a significant amount of bad attitude, threats of lawyers and more. Medic's tone has significantly changed today. Yes, some did go crazy. It was not handled well on several levels by several parties, including him.

It is nice of you to join to support your friend.

Feral Bill
05-25-2011, 14:20
No offense meant here. Mister Krabs is worth paying attention to.

medic mullins
05-25-2011, 14:57
i never made a threat of a lawyer i said a lawyer said it was legeal for me to record um no threats of a lawyers and i just posted a gear issue so ppl would know but dont worry about it guys im going to continue on with documentry and when i post it you guys can hear how kelty talked to me ...all i sais is it was legeal as far as i could find out .....so yea u guys love kelty thats great but i just feel like you guys were very rudde to me calling me liar about being a vet wow i bet god is proud of you guys sitting there makeing fun me , calling me a liar and saying i was not a vet how dare you guys say that .......and the person who took up for me that u i was just posting a gear issue all the hikers here around me feel like i do that you guys were way out of a line and really tried to degrade me and did not take the time to understand i was trying to explain my issues

lets all be friends and lets get along well

truly i bet some ppl here are great ppl and im looking foward to knowing you guys

but calling a vet a liar and saying he is not a vet cause i spelled stuff wrong and yes the marine corps does have medic s the navy trains them , i also went to the naval school of health science for orthopedics ...but yea i know a few marines tht would love to see this and im going to show this thread to several ppl so they can see how you guys made fun of me

mikec
05-25-2011, 15:13
my attorny{ Lewis dean } said i have the right to record the convo It is illegal in the state of MD to record a telephone conversation without the other person's knowledge and consent.

BTW, Osprey has very good customer service. I just ordered a few buckles for my Atmos65 and they sent them out pronto. One thing that I did recently learn about my Osprey. The straps/buckles above the side pockets are the ones that fasten to the 'brain'. I was trying to fasten the straps/buckles from the bottom of the pack and was upset that the buckles would pull out when any pressure was put on them. They have a great video on YouTube that shows all the features of this pack.

Hooch
05-25-2011, 15:17
I'm sure that you mean Marine with a capital "M". Marine is a title, and therefore capitalized. That means a lot to those of us who have earned the title.