PDA

View Full Version : Running, sweating, and using an iPod

John B
05-24-2011, 18:18
I have an iPod Nano with the standard ear buds that came with it. I've never used it while running but I want to give it a try. I sweat heavily, especially on long runs in summer heat. My question is, doesn't sweat run into the ear buds? Does it ruin them? What do you do when it happens? Just let them dry out? Is there anything that I should/shouldn't do regarding care of the ear buds after a long run?

I'm up to long runs in the 14-18 mile range with weekly mileage in the mid-30s, and I confess that I'm needing something to take my focus off leg pain and muscle fatigue. So I want to try my iPod.

d.o.c
05-24-2011, 18:25
keep the phish playn they help do miles just set a show and hike/run thru 2-3 songs at the max u will be avergeing 40 50 miles a week... it shouldnt hurt them just keep the ipod dry i faild at that once..

About_Time
05-24-2011, 18:39
I live in South Florida, where sweating is a way of life. I've never had a problem.....

max patch
05-24-2011, 18:40
I also use a nano with the standard apple earbuds and I've never done anything "special" or done any maintenance to the earbuds.