PDA

View Full Version : Salomon trail runners

Codger
05-24-2011, 20:13
Wife and I did a 200 mile section on the AT, Erwin to Atkins the past 2 weeks, on the 4th day out I noticed the laces on my right shoe where fraded. I made a temp repair and they held the rest of the trip. Yesterday ( Monday) I called Salomon to ask about the problem, they ask my name address where and when I purchased the shoes and said a new pair where being shipped. When I came home this evening the shoes where at the door. You can't beat that for customer service. Not only that they are the best trail runners I have ever hiked in. Thanks Salomon.

Joker4ink
05-25-2011, 11:23
That's great to hear! I just called Salomon about the laces on my XA Pro 3D mid GTX Ultra's yesterday too. The locks for the kevlar laces suck, and they have less than 30 miles on them. The gentleman immediately said he would send me out a new par. Customer service sounds good so far. Good luck with your laces!

Chomp09
05-25-2011, 11:42
It also sounds like they are continuing to have issues with the quality of their product. We started south in 2009 wearing Salomons and neither pair even made to NH. Laces and rivets completely fell apart and the toe boxes wore through. Bummer since they were extremely light and comfortable.

Glad to hear about the quality of their customer service though!

medic mullins
05-25-2011, 11:45
wow that a good to hear they stand by the gear so well!!!!!!!!

skinewmexico
05-25-2011, 11:46
I've been happy with all of my Salomons. I think the last they used on their older shoes fit my foot better though.

LDog
05-25-2011, 13:58
You can't beat that for customer service. Not only that they are the best trail runners I have ever hiked in. Thanks Salomon.

Did you tell them you were a War Vet?:rolleyes:

Six-Six
05-25-2011, 15:33
I have several pair that I am breaking in - no problems with the quality of the shoes at all. It's good to know that if I do, Salomon will be there to help.

skoolbyrd
05-28-2011, 00:47
Just did a 24 mile sec of the AT last weekend in Salomon Trail Runners. Very comfy, light, and dry. HIghly recommend!

mcskinney
05-28-2011, 01:19
I just relaced a pair of salomon xa pro 3d xcr's that have about 200 miles on them. I really enjoy these shoes for trail running in slush and mud (read Spring) as they have gore-tex. They have a stronger then normal mid sole so they make great climbers. I have a wide foot with narrow heals, and my heals lock into Salomons very nicely. The laces broke so thats a complaint as they are difficult to field repair as you mentioned, but Salomon makes a re-lace kit and have a good warranty.

Bottom line though is the laces have problems. Mine broke while Climbing a Class 3 snow route on 14,005 ft Mount of the Holy Cross. (tear drop route). Had to make knotted repair in the kevlar laces while standing on a steep snow slope and it sucked.

Phreak
05-28-2011, 04:50
I wore Salomons for years but noticed the quality isn't what it used to be. I had nothing but issues with my few pairs. Unfortunate, as I really like them. Switched over to NB 876s.

ZeroC
05-30-2011, 18:25
I still have a pair of salomons that have probably close to 300 trail miles and about 400 treadmill miles and still going strong, I pretty much use them just on the treadmill now since I switched trail shoes.