PDA

View Full Version : It must have been when I peed in the bushes this weekend...

GracefulRoll
05-25-2011, 01:37
Because that tick on my asscheek-thigh junction was mistaken for an irritation bump. I was brushing off what I thought would be a scab.

Looked at the 'scab' to find it was a brown tiny deer tick squirming between my fingertips.

Warning to all that squat near the ground this year: they strike at your most vulnerable time this year it seems!

Isolated him for analysis... m***** f*****

mweinstone
05-25-2011, 06:33
mmmm..grolls ass cheak thiegh junction.

do telll more.lol.

if i was a tick thats where id go to!

you can send the tic to get free analysis i belive at our state university penn agr school. girl survives cancer and this tic guy wants his shot at makeing her roll. soory ticky. shes fought off loads of feircer things than your scrawny creepy lyme infected ars.

Jonnycat
05-25-2011, 08:48
Confucius say: man who squat in brush get ticked off.

Buffalo Skipper
05-25-2011, 08:59
Carnac say: Better to be ticked off than ticked on.

4Bears
05-25-2011, 09:22
Now it's Time for our new show.......... get ready for it.....Tick-Talk
Yes that wonderful show for and about ticks and the interesting places they show up. Tune in next time when Tommy says ... ...

Sorry but sometimes my PUN gene kicks in and I am unable to prevent the above post.

skooch
05-26-2011, 05:07
Ask sbhikes to show you her home made pisser. you won't need to squat to pee anymore :) Glad you got that filthy little bugger!

Mizirlou
05-26-2011, 07:44
Sweet G’roll, let me play older sister for a sec: find the right person to administer wound care ;)

Lilred
05-26-2011, 08:14
Deer ticks are so small you can barely see them, and they're red.

Fiddleback
05-28-2011, 12:53
Is this how the "I caught it from a toilet seat" excuse got started?

FB

10-K
05-28-2011, 14:49
Ask sbhikes to show you her home made pisser. you won't need to squat to pee anymore :) Glad you got that filthy little bugger!

Sbhikes is tough... I think one time she said she used pine cones for toilet paper.

That's hard core now.

Blissful
05-28-2011, 14:53
From e-medicine health website -

"In order to investigate whether specific human behavior increases the risk of tick exposure, researchers from the University of California at Berkeley took to the woods. They found that sitting on a log carried with it the greatest risk of picking up a tick. If you sit on a log (at least in Northern California) for only five minutes, you have a 30% chance of getting a tick on you! Gathering wood was also cited as a risky activity as well as leaning up against a tree."

mweinstone
05-28-2011, 15:44
id like whoevers responsible for deciding time makes the sound tic tock to reconcider. time makes the same sound as the fabulus mach 5 driven by speed racer with trixi and with sparky and chimchim in the trunk. only sometimes with the sound of car number 9 , racer x, speeds older brother, unbeknowgst to him as well. now the car acrobatic team may sound like tikking, hench the tik in acrobatik.

10-K
05-28-2011, 15:46
id like whoevers responsible for deciding time makes the sound tic tock to reconcider. time makes the same sound as the fabulus mach 5 driven by speed racer with trixi and with sparky and chimchim in the trunk. only sometimes with the sound of car number 9 , racer x, speeds older brother, unbeknowgst to him as well. now the car acrobatic team may sound like tikking, hench the tik in acrobatik.

Do you have a mammoth car?

Toolshed
05-28-2011, 18:40
From e-medicine health website -

"In order to investigate whether specific human behavior increases the risk of tick exposure, researchers from the University of California at Berkeley took to the woods. They found that sitting on a log carried with it the greatest risk of picking up a tick. If you sit on a log (at least in Northern California) for only five minutes, you have a 30% chance of getting a tick on you! Gathering wood was also cited as a risky activity as well as leaning up against a tree."
I remember reading this a few years back, but then also saw a web documentary showing what seemed like a million tiny ticks hanging from branches with their claws waving in the air awaiting a critter to pass. That was a little hairy to watch.

I do recall sitting on a log in NJ near BML road and seeing about a half a dozen dog ticks crawling on the log. It was a little freaky. that day we were only dayhiking but I think we pulled 6-8 ticks off my wife son and myself, including one crawling up my leg as I was driving home.

Snowleopard
05-28-2011, 22:27
I think I'm doomed to have Lyme disease. Today I found a tick on my change from an in town pizza shop. Another half hour and it would have traveled from my pocket to places I'd rather not contemplate.

GracefulRoll
06-02-2011, 17:40
I think I'm doomed to have Lyme disease. Today I found a tick on my change from an in town pizza shop. Another half hour and it would have traveled from my pocket to places I'd rather not contemplate.

Ewwww... Yes, let us not contemplate.

GracefulRoll
06-02-2011, 17:42
Deer ticks are so small you can barely see them, and they're red.

Looked up photos and depending on the sex and stage of the tick, it can be brown in parts! I looked at that sucker closely (had to put it under glass) and it has a reddish head and a browner body.