PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: SportKilt Hiking Kilt Review

Raul Perez
05-25-2011, 22:13
OK... be warned I'm in the middle of my busy season now... I'm looney and overdue for a hike and I'm starting to get a little stir crazy.

That being said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XqiGxO3rDk

Stir Fry
05-26-2011, 14:22
I just did Neel Gap to Fontana Dam. 12 days, hiked only in a Mt Hardware Kilt. It was a lot more comfortable then shorts. I"ll never hike in shorts again. Pants maby if its cold but not shorts. I'l check out sport kilts, looks like it more ajustable.

Jim Adams
05-26-2011, 22:13
I have 2 sportkilts...they are great.

geek

Uncle Walkie
06-02-2011, 01:26
Bro, thanks!...I've been looking at SportKilt for a while, thanks for the review...have you hiked in it yet? does it dry quickly?

Thanks

Sierra Echo
06-02-2011, 07:10
nice legs~! :D

STICK
06-02-2011, 16:25
Dude, another nice video! Very much enjoying your videos!

And while I am still not quite read to go with a kilt...when I "liked" your video on YouTube, it automatically popped up on my FaceBook page. Now everyone at work is asking me about when I am getting my kilt...and one lady keeps saying she wants to make me one... haha...

Raul Perez
06-02-2011, 20:43
Ha ha facebook is the devil.

Be a man and put on a kilt!

STICK
06-03-2011, 00:07
Ha ha facebook is the devil.

Be a man and put on a kilt!

haha...

:banana

hikingshoes
06-03-2011, 00:55
haha...

:banana

Stick,
I'll see you later on at the shelter!!lol j/k dude!!

STICK
06-03-2011, 01:15
Stick,
I'll see you later on at the shelter!!lol j/k dude!!

You mean if I wore a kilt you wouldn't want to be seen with me? :)

Raul Perez
06-03-2011, 07:38
for the record... the banana goes UNDER the kilt. Just sayin ;)

Majortrauma
06-03-2011, 08:43
I'm a recent convert from pants to kilt. I have the Mountain Hardwear kilt but Raul's kilt looks a lot better; I especially like the pocket placement.
Does anyone have a legit pattern for sewing your own kilt "like" Raul's?
Yes, I did search the dub-dub-dub but all I found was a lot of crazy ads, links to history of the kilt, suspicious links to ebay, Scottish Highlander action figures but nothing of any real value.

hikingshoes
06-03-2011, 09:51
You mean if I wore a kilt you wouldn't want to be seen with me? :)
Hey dude HYOH your still my friend!!lol...HS

STICK
06-03-2011, 15:21
for the record... the banana goes UNDER the kilt. Just sayin ;)

Now that's funny! :) Thanks for the heads up though......

Raul Perez
06-05-2011, 13:21
Bro, thanks!...I've been looking at SportKilt for a while, thanks for the review...have you hiked in it yet? does it dry quickly?

Thanks

Sorry didnt see this post. Havent hiked in it yet. Plan on heading out June 25th for 50+ miles to finish the NY section on the AT.

No experience in how it dries. But other reviews state that it does dry quickly. I can neither confirm nor deny this yet.

Raul

handlebar
06-05-2011, 22:53
I hiked the entire PCT and half the CDT in two different SportKilts in Pacific Blue. I wasn't aware you could get pockets as an option, but used a small fanny pack worn in front as a sporran.

The SportKilts held up very well, though the fabric did fade from blue to violet to nearly pink! It takes a real man to get away with a pink skirt. Anyhow, Sportkilt was a good sport and replaced my PCT kilt for free. I sweat a lot when hiking so the waistband would be saturated by the end of the hiking day. I found it usually dried overnight in the dry air of the west---not sure how it would behave in the humid east.