PDA

View Full Version : couscous

southern fossil
05-28-2011, 18:15
What is your favorite recipe for couscous?

mweinstone
05-28-2011, 19:42
coosecoose is the only medicaly approved treatment for the addiction to macs and cheese. its covered by most insurance plans and has no drug interactions. when the hiker named cooscoose , my friend, introduced me to this philosophy, my dred of the orange goo ended and was sleighed.

mmais68569
05-28-2011, 20:15
1/2 cup cuscus add a hand full of dried fruit bits, a Tbs. of brown sugar & some cinnamon in a Qt. freezer bag. In camp add 1/2 to 3/4 cup hot water let sit 5-8 min. makes a great breakfast.

Mike (Mr. Mean)

sarbar
05-31-2011, 22:08
My son would say Cheesy Couscous, me probably an Alfredo version I have done.

Cookerhiker
05-31-2011, 22:15
Place dried vegetables in the water, then start the stove and bring to boil. The veggies are partially or wholly cooked by the time water eraches the boiling point; if not cooked fully to your satisfaction, simmer longer. Take water off stove, add couscous. After 5 minutes, add a little more water and ground peanuts which you prepared at home in a blender. Simmer 1, no more than 2 minutes. Dinner ready!

mweinstone
05-31-2011, 22:39
yeah, those recipies are nice. but heres the real deal hikers do:

put cooscoose and flavorpacket in water and bring to boil and eat.
adding stuff? thats fine for regular humans.
us superhumans aint got time for no frillys .we eat, and sleep, and hike. after dinner and your full, the notion of nuts or fruit or cheese added is irelevent. your nutrision will be added to the collective. recheesing is futile. nuts are irrelevent. we are ernest borgnine eating food in a trail camp. were fat, lazy and demand cooscoose.

Dogwood
06-01-2011, 01:08
Look out, Matty on the loose. You are on today Matty. Always entertaining and sometimes with commentary that really has me laughing, wondering, and re-thinking all at the same time!Especially enjoyed(and appreciated) the better punctuation and grammar on Birchy's water cache thread today! Keep it rolling!

Dogwood
06-01-2011, 01:11
Cous cous is little pasta. Do with cous what you would do with any other type of SMALL sized pasta. Think little stars, orzo, ditallini, vermicelli, etc

yanna
07-01-2011, 04:13
My favorite couscous recipe :)

Ingredients

* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 small onion, finely chopped
* 1 carrot, diced
* 1 small zucchini, diced
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
* 1/4 cup water
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 (10-ounce) package couscous

Preparation :

In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, zucchini, and garlic, and sauté 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender. Stir in broth, water, and salt; bring to a boil.

Stir in couscous; cover and remove from heat. Allow to sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork then serve.

Enjoy ;)

Singapore Food Reviews (http://sg.openrice.com)

Papa D
07-03-2011, 08:02
Add curry powder, cashew nuts, and hot sauce to parmesan cheese cous-sous and eat up