PDA

View Full Version : Long Trail End to End starting TODAY - 5/31

Low Impact
05-31-2011, 11:42
Hey All -

This is just a quick post to mention that I, along with my good friend Max Power, will be at the Pine Cobble Trailhead in North Adams, MA this afternoon to begin our end to end hike of The Long Trail.

We are both super stoked to be hiking in June this year, and we hope this thread will serve as a space where other early season hikers (thru or section) can stay up to date on water sources, mud, bugs, etc.

We are both traveling light and hope to reach the northern terminus in 15 to 17 days.

I hope everyone is gearing up for an incredible summer. New England seems to be getting even more gorgeous by the day.

Updates to come!

Cheers!

:D

Praha4
05-31-2011, 11:49
good luck and have a great hike! I started northbound at the Pine Cobble Trail last August, seems like yesterday. You'll have to make some good time to finish the entire trail in 15-17 days. look forward to your updates on the mud situation

jlore
06-01-2011, 08:33
good luck! i'll be following this thread for sure.

double d
06-01-2011, 09:36
Let us know who the LT is this summer, I'm finishing the LT this summer. Have fun!

Blissful
06-01-2011, 12:04
We had to punt our JMT quest to next summer and will likely do the LT in July instead.

Yukon
06-01-2011, 12:11
We had to punt our JMT quest to next summer and will likely do the LT in July instead.

Sorry to hear about having to put off the other hike, but you will love the LT! Even though you have 104 miles of it done already :p

I'll be out there a lot from July-October, I love being on the LT :)

Blissful
06-01-2011, 12:14
Sorry to hear about having to put off the other hike, but you will love the LT! Even though you have 104 miles of it done already :p

I'll be out there a lot from July-October, I love being on the LT :)

Great!. I'm trying to get a sense for it from Maine Junction north. Esp resupply and campsites. We'd also like to have at least the maps for it. Maybe the guidebook (hubby likes that).