PDA

View Full Version : In Just a Moment

SETX_Mason
06-01-2011, 12:56
sigh lol any one else going thro wait for gear in the mail?

I'm twitching right now my Tarptent Moment is being drove around town at the moment..... When is my drop off:mad:?!?!..... i have the urge to drive around and find the UPS Van to get the darn package already.

-SEEKER-
06-01-2011, 13:01
OMG!!! Don't do that! It will come while you are gone and then you won't be home to sign for it! Remember: "A watch pot never boils". Hope you aren't too young to have heard that quote. LOL:eek:

SETX_Mason
06-01-2011, 13:04
i have a Sign on my window of my door with my number and telling them to leave it on the fron step...... Actually works...... I have to leave in 45 mins,... i don't think i'll be here when it comes

Rick500
06-01-2011, 16:39
Go out and get some GE Silicone II and mineral spirits in the meantime, then you can seam seal it when it gets there.

Stray dog
06-01-2011, 16:46
I got my TT Moment delivered by Canada Post (which will be on strike tomorrow) two months ago. I wasn't home and it wouldn't fit in the mailbox down the street. I had to wait til 1pm the next day to pick it up at the post office.

-SEEKER-
06-01-2011, 17:21

I'm twitching right now my Tarptent Moment is being drove around town at the moment..... When is my drop off:mad:?!?!..... i have the urge to drive around and find the UPS Van to get the darn package already.

Well... Did you get it?
You know you can't just leave us hanging like this!

SETX_Mason
06-01-2011, 19:08
yes i got it,.... i love it already :D tho i managed to mangle one of the stakes on a rock in the ground my first try lol......

I'm 6' 1-2" i don't feel squeezed at all..... can sit up with plenty of head room aswell.... haven't gotten to test it since its out of the box only a hour ago but i intend to,... might take it with me to philmont in july

Rick500
06-01-2011, 23:05
I predict you'll love it. Just slept in mine for three nights this past weekend. Felt great.

Sierra Echo
06-01-2011, 23:08

How are you waiting for your gear to come through the mail when UPS has it?

SETX_Mason
06-02-2011, 09:09
I have the tracking codes so I can watch where along the trip every thing is at.

SETX_Mason
06-02-2011, 09:11
Oh btw I totaly intend to sleep in it tomorrow night,.... In my back yard lol

Rocket Jones
06-02-2011, 11:05
Oh btw I totaly intend to sleep in it tomorrow night,.... In my back yard lol

Thats what I do to try out new equipment. :sun

Storm
06-02-2011, 14:54
I just spent three days in the Mohican Forest in Ohio. Rained really hard the last night but I stayed totally dry. Open all the vents to allow air flow, even the vents on the ends and you will have little or no trouble with condensation.

I'm leaving the 5th to hike the Susquehannock trail in Pa. I'm really looking forward to it.

SETX_Mason
06-02-2011, 17:35
i'm very happy with it,..... my family still doesn't understand why i going around showing every one :D lol,...

sonic
06-03-2011, 13:35
i'm very happy with it,..... my family still doesn't understand why i going around showing every one :D lol,...
Some people just don't get it. That's what you have us for.:banana

stars in her eyes
07-18-2011, 18:44

Ha! That's so me. A few days ago I was cooking my lunch with my alcohol stove in my driveway and I kept making my mother watch. God help her when I get the rest of my hammock gear delivered.