PDA

View Full Version : "S.O.S : Send love."

GracefulRoll
06-02-2011, 12:23
Hey, everybody.

I just saw a link to this site. http://www.lifeofsomethingnew.com/2011/06/sos-send-love.html

I know a lot of you are so wonderful and I still remember all of the cards and gifts I got while in the hospital. Well, guess what? I got great news back yesterday. My marrow still isn't trying to kill me. ;) It's not a guarantee, but I'm feeling fine, and your support was amazing.

Unfortunately, this woman may be realizing the exact fear I had when I got my diagnosis. As hikers who love to travel and see the world from the tops of mountains, I figured it would be send a picture and a postcard for someone who may very well not get to travel to all of those places.

If you have the time, send her a postcard?

Thanks,
GRoll

GracefulRoll
06-02-2011, 12:24
Edit Fail: it would be nice to* send a postcard.

sonic
06-02-2011, 14:00
Great idea. Also, I will now speak the unspeakable and suggest those with "Facebook" accounts post the link there are well. I have had great results in getting the word out regarding such things through Facebook. We all have a few minutes that we can devote to sending a little bit of love her way.

Mizirlou
06-02-2011, 16:44
I know a lot of you are so wonderful...
GRoll

And a lot of us think you're wonderful; glad you're back!:sun

GracefulRoll
06-02-2011, 17:43
Great idea. Also, I will now speak the unspeakable and suggest those with "Facebook" accounts post the link there are well. I have had great results in getting the word out regarding such things through Facebook. We all have a few minutes that we can devote to sending a little bit of love her way.

Awesome! I did the same on mine.

GracefulRoll
06-02-2011, 17:44
And a lot of us think you're wonderful; glad you're back!:sun

Awww, shucks :) Thanks. Good to still be around for hiking.

I've noticed that now, though, with a rebooted immune system, I am no longer immune to poison plants or mosquito stings... However, I'll glady take them if it means I get to go outside.