PDA

View Full Version : Shoe Conundrum

Sierra Echo
06-02-2011, 20:52
Ok this is stupid. I have being delivering mail for 10 yrs. For whatever stupid reason in this world my feet have been getting really hot this year. Uncomfortably hot. I can't wear sandals because OSHA says our toes and heels have to be covered. I found me a pair of shoes I want:

http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/ss11/shoes/women/trailhead/arroyo%20ii/chocolate%20chip!sap%20green

Here is the question of the day. I wear a 9 1/2 Keen hiking boot. Would the sandals need to be the same size or would I go down a half size do to the fact I wouldnt be wearing socks???

Tinker
06-03-2011, 01:06
Good question. I have sandals (Keen Newport H2's) but have always used them with socks because the nylon is a little rough on the skin. I think that if you have room to spare even with socks you should size down 1/2 size, but if you have high volume feet that fill the whole shoe and there's plenty of room to tighten the laces you could get away with the same size and that way you'd be able to wear some light socks if you need to. I have flat, low volume feet and most shoes I buy in D width are usually laced tight to the point that the two sides are touching each other. If I try a narrower size my duck-like feet get crowded in the forefoot.

-SEEKER-
06-03-2011, 07:12
Not to be an alarmist but, with the sudden change after 10 years I would look into a possible medical issue too.

Sierra Echo
06-03-2011, 07:37
I suppose thats possible but if it were true I would think my feet would be hot at other times as well. It always starts halfway into my route until I finish. No other times. I'm gonna make sure today that they turned the heater off.

jrwiesz
06-03-2011, 07:40
Go to that link; the SPECS tip says, these tend to run a bit big.:sun

Sierra Echo
06-03-2011, 16:05
Go to that link; the SPECS tip says, these tend to run a bit big.:sun
Good catch!!! :D

Feral Bill
06-04-2011, 01:47
Let us hear how they work out. You'll be giving them some serious testing in your work.

Spokes
06-04-2011, 08:33
Have you price checked Zappo's? No worries with improper sizing since shipping is free both ways.

sbhikes
06-04-2011, 10:14
Never size down in advance. Try on then size down only if needed. Also, I've found that not wearing socks can feel hotter than wearing socks because without socks you slip around on your sweat.

Sierra Echo
06-20-2011, 17:42
Let us hear how they work out. You'll be giving them some serious testing in your work.

I bought a pair this weekend and wore them for the first time today at work. I love them. My feet get a nice breeze and they never got the least bit sweaty. Very comfortable. And they are 8.5s, not 9.5 like my boots.

House of Payne
07-12-2011, 17:38
I agree with JR, the keens do run big. I have had a couple pair myself...