PDA

View Full Version : A.T. Slideshow in Maryville, Tennessee 2/4/05!!

Capt Chaos
01-31-2005, 20:58
Ladies and Gentlemen!! Come one, come all. Come see the amazingly smart, the amazingly witty, the amazingly hairy, the amazingly amazing Wildcat!! Friday February 4th at 7:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, Wildcat will be presenting a slideshow of his thru hike of the A.T. at Little River Trading Company in Maryville, Tennessee. In this slideshow, he will present the many things one should know about the A.T. experience. So join us one, and join us all!! Do not miss the opportunity to relive the amazing experiences of the one, the only, Bert the Wildcat Emmerson!!

No cover charge for anyone 0 days old and up.

SGT Rock
01-31-2005, 21:28
I'll be there.

Tenacious Tanasi
02-02-2005, 21:26
Hey! That's right up the holler from us. I'll have to see if I can't make it for that. Where exactly is the Little River Trading Company?

SGT Rock
02-02-2005, 21:33
Right on 321 in Maryville. Which way you comin' from?

Tenacious Tanasi
02-05-2005, 01:33
We were late, but Blondie and I made it for the show. Not bad, but it was a reminder to me that everyone hikes their hike in their own way. I have to say that this guy had an ironclad itinerary and stuck with it. I don't know that this method is for me. I don't want to be rushed by a timeline, and have therefore rethought maildrops. Still keepin' with the idea of a bounce box for certain items, and only to friends homes or such places that can hang on to it for me til I get there...whenever. ;)

Enjoyed looking around the Little River Trading Company...first time in there--not bad. But, I couldn't look too hard, cuz then I would have wanted to buy stuff. Had to keep in mind that new tent on its way and a few other things I've had my eyes on for a bit. Sheesh...but I almost hate to go into a store like that...I end up leaving puddles of drool. :rolleyes:

What did you guys think?

SGT Rock
02-05-2005, 02:05
I liked it, but I would use poles and wouldn't use an umbrella.

SGT Rock
02-05-2005, 08:58
Shelly, I wish I would have met you there.

Lastnight Iwas thinking this too: What did he carry that made his base weight 20 pounds? He was using a go-lite packand umprella, a soda can stove, and a 13oz tarp. Those where the parts he did mention anyway, and that barely makes a dent in that size pack he was carrying.

Tenacious Tanasi
02-05-2005, 13:22
I liked it, but I would use poles and wouldn't use an umbrella.

I'm with you on the poles, SGT...and when I saw that umbrella I had to do a double take. It just seemed kinda out of place with all of his lightweight gear.

Tenacious Tanasi
02-05-2005, 13:37
Shelly, I wish I would have met you there.

Lastnight Iwas thinking this too: What did he carry that made his base weight 20 pounds? He was using a go-lite packand umprella, a soda can stove, and a 13oz tarp. Those where the parts he did mention anyway, and that barely makes a dent in that size pack he was carrying.

Wish I could have spoken to you, too. I think you were over there chatting with Captain Chaos for a bit...wearing a dark green coat with black, military style haircut? At least I thought that was you from the pics I have seen.

I was the one that came in late with the very loud blonde teen girl...that's my daughter Blondie (Mandy). :o We moved to seats right before he started talking about the states and milestones. I was the one that mentioned the new hamburger meat in the airtight packs at Wal-Mart that he scoffed at because of weight. Well...as I can't stand tuna I may have to trade off for a few more ounces of weight to carry food I will put in my mouth. LOL

I'm with you...what else did he have in that pack? Hmmm.... I really wanted to grab a spot of carpet and start digging through it, but I wasn't sure how long those guys wanted to stay at the store. :p Plus, I had to get Blondie something to eat...neither of us had had supper and we made a dash for Applebees and then home (45 min drive).

dixicritter
02-05-2005, 13:48
Wish I could have spoken to you, too. I think you were over there chatting with Captain Chaos for a bit...wearing a dark green coat with black, military style haircut? At least I thought that was you from the pics I have seen.

Yep that was him shelly. I was there with him too, in the gray flannel shirt. :)

He and Captain Chaos (along with our oldest boy "Dead man walking" are in the mountains today).

Tenacious Tanasi
02-05-2005, 14:00
Yep that was him shelly. I was there with him too, in the gray flannel shirt. :)

He and Captain Chaos (along with our oldest boy "Dead man walking" are in the mountains today).

Do you have blonde hair and silver glasses? What did "Dead Man Walking" look like? I don't recall him.

I knew I should have come on over there and said "Howdy". We'll have to get together sometime when I'm not in such a hurry and it's not so late.

What trail are they hiking on today? Hope they have a good time.

dixicritter
02-05-2005, 15:17
Do you have blonde hair and silver glasses? What did "Dead Man Walking" look like? I don't recall him.

I knew I should have come on over there and said "Howdy". We'll have to get together sometime when I'm not in such a hurry and it's not so late.

What trail are they hiking on today? Hope they have a good time.
I have reddish brown hair and glasses. Our boys weren't with us this time.

All I remember is that they are going to camp site 6 in the Smokies tonight. I never can remember trail names...lol.