PDA

View Full Version : Good hiker hotel close to Bly Gap?

_SpiderMonkey_
06-06-2011, 22:04
Advice for good/conveinant hotel near Bly Gap please. Wanting to start there and go South. Thanks in advance...shuttle advice welcome. Merci!:)

_SpiderMonkey_
06-06-2011, 22:09
Actually...i should ask first.... Is Bly Gap even accessible by vehicle? By map it does not appear to be...so in general, what would one suggest for starting at Bly?

Ron Haven
Advice for good/conveinant hotel near Bly Gap please. Wanting to start there and go South. Thanks in advance...shuttle advice welcome. Merci!:)Hiawassee Budget Inn 1-706-896-4121 We give hikers a dicount rate even in the high rate tourist season.

Skidsteer
Advice for good/conveinant hotel near Bly Gap please. Wanting to start there and go South. Thanks in advance...shuttle advice welcome. Merci!:)

Hiawassee Inn in Hiawassee or Franklin, Budget or Sapphire in Franklin. They can hook you up with shuttles and you can also PM Gene Roll here on the forum.

Ron Haven
06-06-2011, 22:11
Actually...i should ask first.... Is Bly Gap even accessible by vehicle? By map it does not appear to be...so in general, what would one suggest for starting at Bly?No but your other choices is, Blue Ridge Gap, or FS71 at Deep Gap. I could get to Bly Gap but if you are not really familar with the area and half crazy. No they are not access.

Skidsteer
06-06-2011, 22:11
Actually...i should ask first.... Is Bly Gap even accessible by vehicle? By map it does not appear to be...so in general, what would one suggest for starting at Bly?

Not really.... Start at Deep Gap or Blue Ridge Gap or Dick's Creek Gap.

Blue Ridge Gap is the closest to Bly.

_SpiderMonkey_
06-06-2011, 22:12
We will check them out! Thank you.

_SpiderMonkey_
06-06-2011, 22:18
I am so impressed with this site and the community, many thanks. Online Trail Magic! Merci!!

virgil
06-06-2011, 22:21
You will have to start at either Dick's Creek Gap GA or Deep Gap NC. You can get shuttles to either one from Franklin NC or Hiawassee GA. Bly Gap is right up at the GA/NC border and is inaccessible by vehicle.