PDA

View Full Version : Question about REI attic sale

Spider
06-09-2011, 11:13
so I'll be heading to the local REI store on saturday for one of their members only attic sales. My question is if I can bring family with me, or if they have to be members as well in order to enter?

jdb
06-09-2011, 11:23
You can bring the family, no problem. I know at my REI attic sale they gave out tickets but that was only to one person in the group. Good Luck!

mattack
06-10-2011, 08:35
Anyone can go in, but in order to purchase something they will have to be a member or sign up for the membership at the checkout.

Or, you could pay for it all and work out payment with them later, of course.

AaronMB
06-10-2011, 10:25
From what I've read, each store seems to run things just a little differently, all depending on how busy prior gear sales have been.

My local REI starts giving out raffle ("lottery") tickets an hour before the 'event' starts; anyone, for the most part, can take one. REI calls out numbers that cover blocks of ten, if you will, then those 10 people (and only those 10 with the correct ticket) are allowed access to the gear that is for sale in the back room. REI usually lets in 2-3 groups at a time; each person can only take out 3 items of gear and must be/become a member in order to purchase that gear.

Spider
06-11-2011, 14:18
Thanks all for your help! Just picked up a pair of lightly used Super Malaku Lekis (retail $139) for $50!