PDA

View Full Version : TRAIL DAYS screening

LionKing
02-01-2005, 20:33
For those who have been asking me, the screening will take place during Trail Days on Friday from 6-8. Backpacker and Leki will be having a screening of Walking With Freedom at the elementary school.

I should have the packaged and ready to sale versions on hand then.
(The same ones out there, but in a nice package)

Hope to see you all there.
:D
LK

Lone Wolf
02-01-2005, 21:00
Backpacker and Leki. I hate that rag and don't own the sticks. I'll go to the screening though. Great flick kids. Don't miss it

Sly
02-01-2005, 22:57
For anyone that hasn't seen "Walking With Freedom" you're really missing out!

If you're going to Trail Days I highly recommend you take the time from whatever to CATCH IT. If you're not going to Trail Days, add this DVD to your library.

It's all good. The narratives, the people, the interviews, the scenery, the wildlife footage and a SERIOUS soundtrack!

You've done well Lion King. I can't imagine another topping the "mystic" of hiking the Appalachian Trail as portrayed in Walking With Freedom.

chomp
02-02-2005, 09:46
How do you order the DVD?

LionKing
02-06-2005, 18:36
How do you order the DVD?
PM me, or trail days I will have the packaged versions.

Hope to see ya there...you are in it a couple of times during trail days...behind Jesters Van Gogh box, and at The Billville Torches at night

chomp
02-07-2005, 11:36
PM me, or trail days I will have the packaged versions.

Hope to see ya there...you are in it a couple of times during trail days...behind Jesters Van Gogh box, and at The Billville Torches at night
Sweet! I'll pick one up from you at Trail Days this year. See you in May, Lion King.

Jester2000
03-18-2005, 17:06
Lion King!
Can't wait for the screening! Make sure to stop by Billville afterwards for a post-premiere party!

attroll
03-18-2005, 21:39
Hey Jester is Billville and invitation only thing?

Mountain Dew
03-18-2005, 23:03
How exactly are Backpacker and Leki involved. Sponsorship ? Care to explain ?

Tha Wookie
03-19-2005, 00:29
What a coincidence. I was just watching the DVD Walking with Freedom for the 3rd time. Tonight I was sharing is with some islanders, showing them what is like to walk the trails they ask me about.

Thanks, LK!

Mountain Dew
03-19-2005, 01:59
What was their initial response to the movie ?

Jester2000
03-22-2005, 16:06
Hey Jester is Billville and invitation only thing?

Billville is one of the least invitation-only things I can think of (sorry 'bout the grammar, but I'm not going to Churchill that sentence).

Everyone is welcome to stop by and almost everyone is welcome to live there.

There are rules, most of which revolve around contra dancing and drum circles. And regulations, most of which revolve around not being an ass, not fighting, respecting our camping area, and not abusing animals or giant inflatable monkees.

So stop by over the weekend. As the sign (usually) says, "Welcome to Billville."

Jester2000
03-22-2005, 16:08
PS -- I know what word I spelled incorrectly. I like it better that way.

Tha Wookie
03-24-2005, 02:07
What was their initial response to the movie ?
They thought it was crazy. They were hooked. I also think they were pleased to see a side of the States that isn't revealed much abroad -people enjoying nature in a very deep way.

They don't have AC, windows, roads without potholes. These people lived and worked on an organic farm on the island up in the hills, much like the Appalachians. They weren't as taken back by the "immersion into nature" and "leaving civilization behind" aspect of a thru-hike, since they live outside nearly all the time. Had there been more snow in the DVD, that would have probably would have really floored them, since most people down there havent ever seen snow unless they visited the states.

In the end, I think they kind of tuned out to be honest with you. It was probably the longest time they'd watched a set TV in a long time.

These people certainly do not reflect the majority of the islanders, just so you know. Although most most people are similar on different levels because of the forgiving atmosphere and rural environment.

I thought it was better the 3rd time. There is a lot of stuff packed in there that I missed the first go rounds.