PDA

View Full Version : In the Real World?

Captain_Slo
06-10-2011, 14:15
Just out of curiosity...What do white-blaze folks do in real life? You know, when you're not on the loose.

Lord Helment
06-10-2011, 14:18
dodge the law

hikerboy57
06-10-2011, 14:20
if i told you, id have to kill you.

bigcranky
06-10-2011, 14:30
Dream about getting back on the trail.

Sarcasm the elf
06-10-2011, 14:33
I thought the trail WAS the real world?

Old Hiker
06-10-2011, 14:35
if i told you, id have to kill you.

Just give them a hint and beat the crap out of them!

Captain_Slo
06-10-2011, 14:38
dodge the law ahhh, i thought that's why we hiked.... or, I mean, that's why I do anyway.

mister krabs
06-10-2011, 14:49
information security

hikerboy57
06-10-2011, 15:12
outside of the trail and the WB cyber-trail, there is no real world.

DAJA
06-10-2011, 15:15
Locked in a 8'x10 glass cubical vibrating!

Mags
06-10-2011, 15:28
Being amazed that this wonderful, intelligent, caring and attractive woman is with me for some odd reason. :D

Carbo
06-10-2011, 15:55
I clean the bird-doo out of cuckoo clocks.

Second Half
06-10-2011, 15:57
I make beer. And pizza. But mostly beer.

mweinstone
06-10-2011, 16:41
clean and paint afterhours clubs bathrooms whos toilets are smashed and folks huver and miss and poo is everywhere and their are no rules and its knee deep in hypos and crack bags and condoms. every day it sprays me in the eyes and mouth and i been doin it since birth. but its gotton so bad, you get sick from the attack on your imunes and need all your free time to recover. our world is a dark mystery. thank god i have my jesus lamp.

mweinstone
06-10-2011, 16:50
when i come back to my one room apt stuffed with the worlds future artworks of note, i sometimes chuckle and think, funny how these simple shapes i made on my walls are worth millions and millions yet i have no soap. then i have a deep sadness and a tear and i promise with an anger and a meaning, that on that day when i take the reigns of artworld and stop its stampeed for destruction and bring her lead horses around to save,..my days and nights will know no sleep or rest untill many have feasted. forged in the swill and stench of sociaty, this plan of mine is one. their simply is enough for all. and they will share. i will rampage poverty and pillage strife.

sbhikes
06-10-2011, 16:51
Funny matthewski would answer a question about the real world.

Me, I just surf whiteblaze.

mweinstone
06-10-2011, 17:01
i live in the other world. this ones fake. those of us who understand this have power. when im in my world, you cant see me. when im in yours, i appear foolish. in my world im a leader. respected and with a busy important schedual. world leaders come to ask stuff and i have gaurds and all manner of support personell and funds. here im in cognito. poseing as a simpleton. my mission requirments demand such practices. when im finnished, all will become clear. you will have one single unified thaught,..."so,....did he even like bacon?"

weary
06-10-2011, 17:15
During this record rainfall spring in Maine, lately I mostly mow my 2 acres of lawn, and try (mostly without success) to catch dry spells so I can plant my garden. The lawn is really a former hay field I keep mowed to protect the value a view of the salt marsh adds to my house, which someday we'll have to sell -- unless, of course, I'm lucky and die suddenly while maintaining land trust trails.

Under Maine shoreland zoning laws, once the fields grow up to brush, the brush is illegal to cut down. So it's maintaining grass or letting sacred (and view destroying) trees take over.

garlic08
06-11-2011, 08:50
I'm self-unemployed.

Uncle Walkie
06-11-2011, 09:11
Active duty Marine who dreams of...

...walking with a pack, with no flak jacket on..
...sleeping under the stars on the ground...not in a fighting hole..
..carry a walking stick again, instead of a rifle..
..and.....discarding my razor...

...ready to slow down...2014 SOBO...on the horizon..

Sarcasm the elf
06-11-2011, 09:16
Being amazed that this wonderful, intelligent, caring and attractive woman is with me for some odd reason. :D

That sums it up for me too. I was going to post what I do for a job, but Mags post is the best answer possible.

Beachcomber
06-11-2011, 10:04

I'm in awe of what you guys do. Thanks for being there for all of us. Good luck, stay safe, and hope to see you on the trail -- with full whiskers -- very soon.

hikerboy57
06-11-2011, 10:15

Best post yet. Thank you for your service.

LIhikers
06-11-2011, 16:50
Seasonally employed aircraft mechanic. Only prblem is the season I'm off is winter. I guess that would be OK if I knew how to ski, but I don't.

Raul Perez
06-11-2011, 17:46
I'm a CPA and perform audits for local governments.

Say hello to the bad guy.

Captain_Slo
06-11-2011, 17:48
Seasonally employed aircraft mechanic. Only prblem is the season I'm off is winter. I guess that would be OK if I knew how to ski, but I don't.

winter hiking. Or, go somewhere warm??

I'm a grad student, we don't get time off... only guilt-trips.

LDog
06-11-2011, 18:24
I'm always on the loose ...

Tinker
06-11-2011, 18:29

Wait! Didn't you say she was intelligent..........and with you? ;)

Couldn't resist! :o (and I know exactly what you mean). We are lucky, er, blessed indeed!! :)

Oh - the question! Basically I'm a Christian minister disguised as a bicycle mechanic who does landscaping on the side.
(The last two jobs pay for the first :D).

Dogwood
06-11-2011, 18:52
As an occupation, I'm a plant and landscape design geek, more formerly know as a Landscape Architect/Designer and horticulturalists.

What else I am, depends on who you talk to.

CrumbSnatcher
06-11-2011, 19:30
DAVIDSON MASONRY brick-block-stone

emerald
06-11-2011, 20:02
I do everything I can to reduce waste in a manufacturing environment and spend as much time as possible outdoors observing and reporting on the natural world.

Some may be interested to know I am presently the top eBirder in Berks County. I have never met an eBirder I have not liked.

Entropy2012
06-11-2011, 20:27
Hmm, unemployed and currently looking for my first full time job to fund the AT and uni.

It's not going so well... :S

ChinMusic
06-11-2011, 20:59
I don't play the violin.

sbhikes
06-11-2011, 21:15
Hmm, I never thought about what ChinMusic might mean, but yeah, fiddle could work. But you say no to the Devil's Box, so now I'm stumped.

ed short
06-11-2011, 21:25
I am retired. I never had a real job. I had a calling! I am veterinarian & loved every facinating minute of it. gnome

restless
06-11-2011, 22:24
Build trails. Maintain trails. So, basically, I get paid to hike. Not a bad way to earn a livin'. Just sayin'.......

mweinstone
06-12-2011, 02:05
in the real world, ha!
outside the matrix you mean?
youll need an exit.
tanks the only operater who can calculate such a one.
well, maby the one as well.
in the real world. thats a nice sound.
in the real world im the one.
im looking for the locksmith to get the key.
well, im being sent to him by the orical.
when i reach the core ill input a comand.
thats my mission.
a single word.
a four letter word that will cause the matrix to disperse.
and reset man.
it wont fix him. only give him time. the comand?
G I V E
im not here to play games.
im here to write code.

World-Wide
06-12-2011, 02:52
clean and paint afterhours clubs bathrooms whos toilets are smashed and folks huver and miss and poo is everywhere and their are no rules and its knee deep in hypos and crack bags and condoms. every day it sprays me in the eyes and mouth and i been doin it since birth. but its gotton so bad, you get sick from the attack on your imunes and need all your free time to recover. our world is a dark mystery. thank god i have my jesus lamp.

I never get tired of your rants my man!!! :D

Uncle Walkie
06-12-2011, 10:24
I'm in awe of what you guys do. Thanks for being there for all of us. Good luck, stay safe, and hope to see you on the trail -- with full whiskers -- very soon.

Thanks Beachcomber...I live right up the road from you in Jacksonville..Semper Fi

LIhikers
06-12-2011, 13:07

winter hiking. Or, go somewhere warm??

I'm a grad student, we don't get time off... only guilt-trips.

I do a couple of short winter trips in New York's Catskill Mountains each year using my snow shoes, or winter boots. I'm thinking next winter I'd like to go someplace different though.

harbohiker
06-12-2011, 14:04
I'm an aerospace machinist.

atraildreamer
06-12-2011, 14:30
I was an alien spy sent to reconnoiter your planet for the invasion fleet that was coming to take over your pathetic world. :mad: But, after hiking the AT and seeing the true beauty and value of your planet, I sent the @#%&*%# in the invasion fleet the wrong coordinates which dumped them all into a black hole that they'll never escape! :eek: Now, if I can figure out how to get rid of all the *$%^& politicians this planet would be perfect! :D

(My spacecraft was shot down by a laser burst from the ISS over Lost Mountain Shelter a few years ago...SO YOU THOUGHT THAT THAT WAS A WORK OF FICTION...foolish humans! :) )

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16970&page=2 post #25

Did that go out...oh crap...I never meant to hit the "Enter" key...:datz

earlyriser26
06-12-2011, 14:39
Portfolio manager for a pension fund

LDog
06-12-2011, 14:58
Portfolio manager for a pension fund

Heh! Me too ... Mine!

Cookerhiker
06-12-2011, 15:00
I do a couple of short winter trips in New York's Catskill Mountains each year using my snow shoes, or winter boots. I'm thinking next winter I'd like to go someplace different though.

Did you ever do the winter trip on the C&O Canal you were talking about last year?

Carl in FL
06-12-2011, 15:02
Proofreader.

ChinMusic
06-12-2011, 15:04
Heh! Me too ... Mine!
LOL....thinking the same thing.

mweinstone
06-12-2011, 15:33
simply the most prestigious gallery on south street wants matty. lock and loading crayon clip.....

Hello!
I found your work via philly side arts and I have to say I definitely enjoy your work!

To begin, I am the curator/gallery director for The Aktion Gallery, which is a part of the Arts on South , a program affiliated with Philadelphia's Magic Gardens. We are currently located at 641 South St, but we are relocating to a larger space at 535 South St, which is right in the heart of the South St. District!

We are currently looking for artists to show in the upcoming months and I think your work would be a nice fit. Our upcoming show, ExPostFacto is a simple showcasing of art and artists who represent a similar philosophy, the opening reception for the show is June 24th from 6-9pm, if you would be interested in stopping by to see what we have to offer.

Upcoming exhibition opportunities:

proCESS (July 22nd - August 21st)
an exhibition celebrating alternative process techniques and mediums.
We are looking for artists of ALL MEDIUMS. The only criteria is that the work has been created by alternative processes or on alternative mediums.

7SiNs: (August 26th - September 18th)
We are looking for artists of ALL MEDIUMS. The only criteria is that the work relates in some way shape or form to the seven deadly sins.

If your work is accepted for one of these shows we do ask for a hanging fee of $40 from all the artists to help cover the costs of the exhibition itself and should the work sell we do ask for a 20% commission.

If you are interested in the opportunity of showing your work with us, please send roughly 10 low resolution files to [email protected] and we can begin reviewing your work!

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you!
-S

S. Jenx
curator/gallery director
The Aktion Gallery
535 South St. 19147

co-director
The Fall Studios
www.thefallstudios.com

mweinstone
06-12-2011, 15:38
oh well. dont have the fee. saylavi. kidding. selling kidney.i should be in the luve by thursday and hiking by friday.

weary
06-12-2011, 18:03
My favorite winter backpack over the decades has been Baxter Park. The first day is a bit of a challenge. It's 13 miles from Abol Bridge on the "Golden Road" to Roaring Brook Camp Ground, though the route is pretty level and pretty packed down by snowshoes and snowmobiles.

Day two into Chimney Pond is 3.5 miles of an all uphill, but pretty easy, snowshoe. Most hikers try to stay in the bunk house with its wood stove, (wood provided) but leantos are available.

From there, are multiple choices. Climb the mountain. Explore the wild basins. Or just relax at the prettiest winter site in the East.

I like a 4 or 5 day trip. But you are on your own. Formerly strict regulations have been weakened. But you still need to apply 2 or 3 weeks early to Baxter State Park for camping permits and rules. Exiting is easy. I sometimes stop at Roaring Brook. Most times I just head out the all gentle 16 miles to the car I left at Abol Bridge.

Weary