PDA

View Full Version : RIP EasyHiker

Katie S
06-10-2011, 23:57
To those of you who knew or remember Dave Beilmann, who was known as EasyHiker on the trail and to the best of my knowledge was the creator of WhiteBlaze.net, I just wanted to let you know that he passed away yesterday. He was a very bold character and was sometimes hard to take but all in all he meant well. I just figued that those who knew him might like to know of his passing. Services will be held on tuesday in chicago. If you would like to attend or would like more information please message me privately.

Jeff
06-11-2011, 06:27
Very sorry to hear about Easyhiker. He was a unique guy. Entertaining for sure. So glad he created and cared about Whiteblaze.net.

Lone Wolf
06-11-2011, 07:03
To those of you who knew or remember Dave Beilmann, who was known as EasyHiker on the trail and to the best of my knowledge was the creator of WhiteBlaze.net, I just wanted to let you know that he passed away yesterday. He was a very bold character and was sometimes hard to take but all in all he meant well. I just figued that those who knew him might like to know of his passing. Services will be held on tuesday in chicago. If you would like to attend or would like more information please message me privately.
damn. so young. he was good-hearted. he was a proud daddy. thanks for telling us, katie

Blissful
06-11-2011, 08:55
So so sorry.

Hikerhead
06-11-2011, 09:12
Sorry to hear that.

CrumbSnatcher
06-11-2011, 09:54
Godspeed EasyHiker

kythruhiker
06-11-2011, 10:40
Very sorry to hear this news. I hadn't talked to Easy in many moons, but was wondering how/where he was these days. :( Life truly is over in the blink of an eye.

Katie S
06-11-2011, 15:54
Thank you everyone for your condolences. His daughter will be 4 next month and was looking forward to her annual visit with her daddy. She is too young to understand but someday I will explain it to her.

I wish you all the best in life!

SGT Rock
06-11-2011, 19:18
Wow, I am shocked. I don't know what else to say other than I will miss him.

And yes, he was the original founder of WhiteBlaze. Seems like we should recognize him here somehow.

Lugnut
06-11-2011, 19:26
Wow, I am shocked. I don't know what else to say other than I will miss him.

And yes, he was the original founder of WhiteBlaze. Seems like we should recognize him here somehow.

He was an original and those who came here later missed the show! I stayed in contact with him off and on after he left and he was still crazy after all these years. (meant as a compliment) Unfortunately, this is probably all the recognition he will receive so I hope this thread is allowed to stay.

CrumbSnatcher
06-11-2011, 19:29
Thank you everyone for your condolences. His daughter will be 4 next month and was looking forward to her annual visit with her daddy. She is too young to understand but someday I will explain it to her.

I wish you all the best in life!
my daughter will be 4 in oct. just hearing that made me wan't to cry and made me think that i need to spend even more time with her. if his daughter or family need anything please don't hesitate to ask

SGT Rock
06-11-2011, 19:35
He was an original and those who came here later missed the show! I stayed in contact with him off and on after he left and he was still crazy after all these years. (meant as a compliment) Unfortunately, this is probably all the recognition he will receive so I hope this thread is allowed to stay.

He was a character. Lived hard, partied hard.

BradMT
06-11-2011, 21:12
http://hosting-4210.tributes.com/show/David-Beilmann-91669229

RIP Dave...

mweinstone
06-12-2011, 01:53
post a pic please.

Katie S
06-12-2011, 15:43
I am in Utah at the moment but when i get to home to my computer I will post a pic of Dave on the trail as well as one with his daughter.

mweinstone
06-12-2011, 15:48
is dave the easy that allways came to the pa ruck ?

Skidsteer
06-12-2011, 17:09
post a pic please.

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/1/7/1/7/0/35.jpg

camojack
06-12-2011, 17:53
Wow. As the saying goes, tomorrow is promised to no-one. Last time I saw Dave was at an ALDHA Gathering in Gettysburg...the one before the most recent one held there, I believe. Sorry to hear this...