PDA

View Full Version : The Confession Booth Is Open

Mother Natures Son
06-12-2011, 15:13
Gris (www:gris.org) started a thread about "sins" for the enviroment. I want to turn that around a bit and ask, are there any sins that you have done on the trail? The Confession is booth is now open and Father Scott will now hear your confessions. LOL

Trailweaver
06-13-2011, 01:56
You don't seriously think folks are going to confess publicly do you? I mean - there is such a thing as the statute of limitations to consider!

And hey, since you started this thread, shouldn't you have put your confession in there somewhere???

fiddlehead
06-13-2011, 02:24
I cut a switchback once.
Does that count?

SMSP
06-13-2011, 02:37
What happens on the trail, stays on the trail. Kinda like a Vegas, haha.

SMSP

kayak karl
06-13-2011, 04:56
i'm sorry. was that your sister?:D

DLANOIE
06-13-2011, 07:25
Im not at all religious so I will confess...na, nevermind.

mweinstone
06-13-2011, 08:09
once while drinking in dots with lwolf and gypsy, i glanced at gypsys hips.

i never told the hiker neta of my deep love for her cause shes a israli soldier who would eventualy have to kick my ass for being an ass.

one time fox hugged me at a gathering and i think it moved.

bobcat threw me some mercy love once at the doyal. shes loud.

and my darkest confession is:

if given the choice to live anywhere, rm 23 would be my home.

Fog Horn
06-13-2011, 08:50
I saw a family hiking with a really old fat dog that kept sitting down in the shade and refusing to move. They kept pulling it and forcing it to keep hiking. It was a six mile loop. In my heart of hearts I hoped that family NEVER went hiking again.

mweinstone
06-13-2011, 08:52
meh..ive hoped the human race dead.....

moldy
06-13-2011, 09:39
Last Spring in very crowded bad weather conditions a group of thru hikers sent a fast hiker well ahead to the next shelter and spread his gear out to look like the shelter was full and then announced to anyone who arrived that the shelter was full. When his group arrived later in the day they had thier own shelter. When I figured out what they had done I got up early and created mishcief ahead of them by taking all the trail magic and because they relied on communicating thru shelter logs I started ripping the recent pages out of all the logs. Firgive me father for I have sinned.....

JAK
06-13-2011, 12:56
I lost a 1 litre PET bottle, and a toothbrush, somewhere on the trail and didn''t go back to find them. Usually I just find another piece of trash and drag that out instead, but this time I didn't. Maybe next time out.

greenmtnboy
06-13-2011, 15:03
I wished that they could re-route the Trail around NY.

I was sorry that Greylock was never developed as a ski resort. The eco-fascists were vigilant in making sure that never happened.

Will the couple that I saw making whoopee in the middle of the day, right in the middle of the A/T in New Hampshire, please confess your grave sin against the hiking community here? There is a law against it I am sure but seldom enforced.

lush242000
06-13-2011, 15:11
I don't believe in sins or confessions. Now with that being said, somewhere south of the NOC near the fire tower there is an old stove that I threw as hard as I could into the woods sometime around 1992. I would do it again after that week from hell.

greenmtnboy
06-13-2011, 15:32
Open confession is actually what many cults try to encourage--Scientology, Twelve Tribes, etc.. It gives them a lot of power over the members. And I can understand why the Roman Catholic Church developed the practice of closed confession, but when there is a demand for something from others when the authority is not willing to do the same thing then we have a prescription for trouble. We don't see priests making confession to church members. And yet, if you were to confess something to the priest that was actionable, illegal to the level of criminality, he would be required to report you.

Skidsteer
06-13-2011, 16:46
Last Spring in very crowded bad weather conditions a group of thru hikers sent a fast hiker well ahead to the next shelter and spread his gear out to look like the shelter was full and then announced to anyone who arrived that the shelter was full. When his group arrived later in the day they had thier own shelter. When I figured out what they had done I got up early and created mishcief ahead of them by taking all the trail magic and because they relied on communicating thru shelter logs I started ripping the recent pages out of all the logs. Firgive me father for I have sinned.....

Sinned?

You should've put a Paypal button on your post.

topshelf
06-13-2011, 16:46
I knowingly gave an annoying hiker wrong directions to town so he'd go away.

I urinated 198 feet from a water source instead of the suggested 200.

I did not tell the boy scouts they should not drink the water from Comers Creek Falls, and that it comes straight out of a swampy cow pasture.

DLANOIE
06-13-2011, 17:22
I smoked pot during my entire thru hike in 2006...and didnt share with anyone!

4Bears
06-13-2011, 19:52

i never told the hiker neta of my deep love for her cause shes a israli soldier who would eventualy have to kick my ass for being an ass.

one time fox hugged me at a gathering and i think it moved.

bobcat threw me some mercy love once at the doyal. shes loud.

and my darkest confession is:

if given the choice to live anywhere, rm 23 would be my home.

Some may not like this but you crack me up sometimes Matty. :D

meh..ive hoped the human race dead.....

Uh, wouldn't this include you to Matty or are you still immune to the perils of mortal man?? :-?

Lone Wolf
06-13-2011, 20:29

gay men do that when they're in the fashion business so no harm, no foul

Wise Old Owl
06-13-2011, 21:50
Lw - you are the Man..

For those that believe - Click here

http://www.atlanticcapecasa.org/resources/1/Paypal_button1.png

Donate now.......