PDA

View Full Version : Bigfoot sightings 2

Heavy G
06-13-2011, 05:21
I have made this post before. Recently I did a up and back along the AT leaving Wind Gap, PA. After the never ending climb from rt. 115 or 512, can't quite remember... I had an "experience". It was overcast and misty and the clouds were enveloping the surrounding forrest. Something large was rooting around near by but I couldn't see more than 50 feet ahead of me. It made a lot of noise. i mean I'm 6'4, 350 and it really wrestled the bush quite remarkably. I suppose it could have been a bear, but the terrain was a bit rocky and steep and it would have surprised me if it was. Plus I have encountered bears a handful of times and they don't seem to be too deliberate with their noises when rooting around.

Any interesting stories or grainy photos?

Pedaling Fool
06-13-2011, 08:29
This happenen back in 1981 I was hiking with my father and uncle up the north side of Katahdin, toward Baxter peak (forget name of trail, but was not the AT). We were only about a couple miles into the hike, still in the bush -- late July so a lot of foliage; we were also very close, not spread out when out of nowhere we hear this extremely loud roar. It was so loud and deep-sounding (not high-pitched) we all simply froze in our tracks. Automatically we all started saying, "what was that...what was that...what was that?!!" All we heard after that was it running off and then nothing else, never saw a thing.

We all just assumed it was a bear and kept walking -- there was a momentary thought of turning back, but we kept on. As I started reading up on black bears I tried to find a recording of black bears and none of the sounds I've heard comes close to what we heard. Even on this website they show two bears fighting, but there's no sound like what we heard, not even close http://www.bear.org/website/bear-pages/black-bear/communication/64-do-black-bears-growl.html if you watch the video you'll see them fighting, but not sure what you call the noises they make, you would think they'd be making sounds kind of like what dogs do when they fight.

I have no idea what we heard, but I can still hear it in my head and remember the feeling of fear. To this day we still talk about that encounter.

P.S. We did come across a bear a couple of days later crossing one of them logging roads and it displayed the normal bear behavior, except it didn't run away, just kept walking. It was my first bear sighting, that was cool, didn't feel the least bit threatened. But that roar was scary. Not saying it was a bigfoot, probably was a bear, but curious why you don't hear that sound coming from them more often?

birchy
06-13-2011, 08:42
While I certainly believe Bigfoot may exist, having grown up in the Adirondacks, I seriously doubt that one could go undetected in the area you mentioned. That portion of PA has a very high rate of outdoor use, not to mention hunters. According to reputable bigfoot research clubs there has been alleged sitings or signs in PA, you could alert them and see what feedback you get.

mweinstone
06-13-2011, 08:47
the bigfoots are my friends. we play mental tag in the woods. they stay out of sight and follow me for weeks. i only know theyre ther when they send me that thaught. they can cover their mental output so as to be nearly invisible. imagine a tree was alive but not moveing. but had a face and arms and feet. you wouldnt notice it. thats what their like. living landscape that blends perfectly untill they open their mind specificaly to you. even then, they remain stelthy hidden because they know well that a single glance would cause you severe distress and even heart attack. and they dont want your stinking carcass on their lawn. me and bigfoot go way back. im gonna be their emmesarry one day when they need one.

birchy
06-13-2011, 08:50
Bigfoot in Pennsylvania, check out http://www.pabigfootsociety.com (http://www.pabigfootsociety.com/)

mweinstone
06-13-2011, 08:50
everyone who ever thaught they saw a bigfoot saw something else. they dont get seen like we dont fly.

birchy
06-13-2011, 10:09
Very well said MATTSKI

Joe77Reeves
06-13-2011, 10:55
‘I suppose it could have been a bear, but the terrain was a bit rocky and steep and it would have surprised me if it was.’
You would be surprised if it was a bear but not so surprised if it was a mythical creature?

Spokes
06-13-2011, 11:04
Tim Peeler from Cleveland County, NC gave the best account of his Bigfoot experience.

Watch the news story HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFLyO2RWGms&feature=related).

Remember if you ever encounter a Bigfoot you gotta rough talk 'em and say Git! Git! And don't laugh.

YohonPetro
06-13-2011, 12:44
I've heard a bear foraging - a small one. Sounded like a Tasmanian devil (the cartoon, not the creature! :eek: ) going through the woods - tearing a log here, breaking branches there. He didn't walk quietly.

Kerosene
06-13-2011, 13:51
In September 2006 I was trying to reach Pinkham Notch before nightfall, but I clearly wasn't going to make it. I was hoping to reach a good tentsite a few miles away so I could catch the morning shuttle back to the car, but there were only small trees and wet areas along the way.

After passing through one of the wet depressions I happened across a fairly flat section of trail and decided to just setup the tent there. As soon as I took my pack off a very large animal started crashing through the underbrush near the wet area. You could tell it was large given the sound of the branches that were snapping, and I swear I could feel the ground shake. Then again, I was screaming at it to go away, so that could have just been my heart pounding. Okay, so it was probably a moose and not Bigfoot, but it was a big, big moose! I still haven't seen a live moose yet.