PDA

View Full Version : How are the bugs in Connecticut??

hawkeye
06-13-2011, 19:18
How bad are the bugs in Connecticut now?? Planning on hiking from Kent to Salisbury maybe next week. My friend just got back from Monson, Maine and said the black flys and mosquitoes were real bad.

Ironbelly
06-13-2011, 19:32
I have been out for overnighters a few times over the last few weeks, and other than a few mosquitos i didn't have an issue. Not bad at all imo.

Legion
06-13-2011, 20:13
Speaking as a CT resident...

THE MOSQUITOES ARE NASTY!!!!!

A no-see-em hood, skeeter net, and deet bath won't keep them all away...

Tankerhoosen
06-13-2011, 23:01
Eh after camping in VT over memorial day weekend during black fly season, the bugs in CT arent bad at all.

Ender
06-13-2011, 23:08
It's probably still a bit early in the year for the really bad bugs to be out in force in CT.

hikerboy57
06-14-2011, 07:18
The bugs in Connecticut are different from those in other areas. they generally drive Volvos and Suburus, although many have opted for Priuses due to the awesome smug factor. They generally eat out twice a week, preferring Apllebees to all other food groupsMost have been employed in the insurance industry for several generations. many have kids named Biff and Buffy.Two dogs and a cat can be found where they habitate. they avoid the sun, preferring to dine at twilight and sometimes party well into the night. They are attracted to alcohol, but not smoke. It is advisable to smoke as much as possible during June and July to help drive these pesky CT bugs back into their two car garages

Ender
06-14-2011, 10:06
The bugs in Connecticut are different from those in other areas. they generally drive Volvos and Suburus, although many have opted for Priuses due to the awesome smug factor. They generally eat out twice a week, preferring Apllebees to all other food groupsMost have been employed in the insurance industry for several generations. many have kids named Biff and Buffy.Two dogs and a cat can be found where they habitate. they avoid the sun, preferring to dine at twilight and sometimes party well into the night. They are attracted to alcohol, but not smoke. It is advisable to smoke as much as possible during June and July to help drive these pesky CT bugs back into their two car garages

Says the person from Long Beach. :rolleyes: :p

Driver8
06-14-2011, 10:10
They generally eat out twice a week, preferring Apllebees to all other food groups

FAIL. Applebees? Really?

Seriously, to the topic, the bugs aren't terrible, but they can be annoying. I find the occasional black fly eminently swattable.

BAG "o" TRICKS
06-14-2011, 10:35
How bad are the bugs in Connecticut now?? Planning on hiking from Kent to Salisbury maybe next week. My friend just got back from Monson, Maine and said the black flys and mosquitoes were real bad.
Bitin' bugs usually very bad in NJ NY CT & MA this time of year. Much depends on weather. Considering the white nose syndrome which has decimated the bat population me thinks things would be worse than usual. My rule, I don't hike past the DWG until after the second week of July. I'm a buffet (big ugly fat folk eating together) for them

Buffalo Skipper
06-14-2011, 10:50
Tasty, if dipped in chocolate. :D