PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

Malloy
06-15-2011, 05:56
Hello forumers!

I know this seems a little unorthodox, but hear me out. My name is Malloy. I'm 23 from Alabama and I'm posting, my first post actually, on this forum is in hopes that someone on here will see this and help me reconnect with my extended family that I know hiked the trail a few years ago. I don't know their trail names, but their real names are

Bob, Diane and Christine Smith from Ft. Walton Florida

Basically, I have no way of contacting them anymore, no email, phone and I can't find them on facebook. I used to see them every year, but my dad passed away when I was younger and we lost touch. My mom is very sick and I'm an only child. I'm desperate to reach out to them to have someone to connect with since I'm going to be completely alone soon. I really miss them and have been trying to find old numbers and addresses for a long time, but with no luck. My mom does remember things well anymore, so she's no help either.

I know it's a really big long shot, but if anyone knows them and can help me get in touch, or just pass the message along that I'd love to talk to them again, and give them my email, I'd really appreciate it. :)

Anyway, I know this is crazy, but thanks for the help, or just for reading.

Stay safe and happy trails! :)
Malloy

Lone Wolf
06-15-2011, 06:06
all 3 live here in Damascus. Bob and Diane own The Dancing Bear

Lone Wolf
06-15-2011, 06:08
he you go http://www.dancingbearrentals.com/

tscoffey
06-15-2011, 07:11
I searched for "Bob Diane Smith hiker", and a reference came up on the first page. Strange that the original poster either didn't try, or didn't notice this.

SawnieRobertson
06-15-2011, 16:15
That would be Water Boy, right? Once more Lone Wolf to the rescue. And now I know where I will recommend that my guests stay when they come to this neck of the woods.
Hope 23-year-old Malloy is enjoying having his extended family back.--Kinnickinic

Lord Helment
06-15-2011, 16:57
awesome...lone wolf you just gave this person a wonderful gift that hopefully will keep on giving for a long time....losing your parents is terrible....being an only child, i have one also, has got to make this even harder....good luck connecting malloy

Blissful
06-15-2011, 17:00
Here's a story in the making...
And as an author I am all ears (or eyes)

Hope we hear more
:)

Serial 07
06-15-2011, 17:13
wolf is right...i hope you are friendly...

Lone Wolf
06-15-2011, 17:17
just spoke to bob. he does know malloy. all is good

trailangelmary
06-15-2011, 17:31
awesome. Good Luck Malloy

Malloy
06-15-2011, 17:41
no way no way no way!!!!!

this is amazing!!! thank you all so much!!!! EEEEPPP!!

thank you!

trailangelmary
06-15-2011, 18:26
Is Christine Smith 1/3?

Blissful
06-15-2011, 20:45
cool. :) :) :)
Who needs Oprah for reunions. We can have them here on WB>

Sun Blazed
06-15-2011, 23:13
This is awesome guys! I could only imagine. He definitely came to the right place. Good job Lone Wolf, and good luck Malloy!

Trailweaver
06-16-2011, 01:59
What a nice family the whiteblaze family is! I had a feeling this would work out. ; - )

sonic
06-16-2011, 10:40
OMG. :bananaThis group never ceases to amaze me. Once again Whiteblaze has made me cry!!!

Red Hat
06-16-2011, 12:13
Is Christine Smith 1/3? they are 1/3, 2/3 and 3/3.... great how this worked out...

sbhikes
06-16-2011, 12:55
Jeeze you guys, how did you know the person wasn't a total nut job and that they didn't want him/her to find them? You should have pointed them to this post and let them contact him/her themselves.

Dobie Swift
06-16-2011, 13:03
Jeeze you guys, how did you know the person wasn't a total nut job and that they didn't want him/her to find them? You should have pointed them to this post and let them contact him/her themselves.

Nobody posted anything that wasn't already known by the OP or wasn't easily found using Google. If Bob and Diane Smith don't want people to be able to find them then they should post their personal information on a web page crawled by Google and every other search engine:

Google search phrase: Bob Diane Smith AT thru hiker
Result #1: This thread
Result #2: http://www.dancingbearrentals.com