PDA

View Full Version : Old Fart's Opinion

Plain Pete
06-17-2011, 17:08
Just a voice from the slow side. I run trails most days. Usually 3 miles total, sometimes 4 if I'm feeling frisky. Don't need T shirts, trophies or adulation. I run for me, at my pace, by myself, except for my dog. Mostly I run the Bartram with a few other N.Ga trails thrown in for diversity. I can appreciate competition and record setting, but as somebody famous once said, "The faster you go, the less you see." Oh yea, I will be 70 tomorrow.

HiKen2011
06-17-2011, 17:19
Just a voice from the slow side. I run trails most days. Usually 3 miles total, sometimes 4 if I'm feeling frisky. Don't need T shirts, trophies or adulation. I run for me, at my pace, by myself, except for my dog. Mostly I run the Bartram with a few other N.Ga trails thrown in for diversity. I can appreciate competition and record setting, but as somebody famous once said, "The faster you go, the less you see." Oh yea, I will be 70 tomorrow.

Happy Birthday my friend!:sun

John B
06-17-2011, 17:20
Just outstanding. Others of sedentary lifestyle should take note and emmulate some of what you do. And happy birthday to you, sir.

DLANOIE
06-17-2011, 17:33
Happy Birthday Pete. Keep running the trails. I hope to be as fit as you at that age!

sbhikes
08-30-2011, 12:07
Wow, awesome! I had an old guy cheer me on during one of my early attempts at trail running. Made me feel good and hopeful. Hopeful maybe someday I'll be in as good a shape as him. :)

I go pretty slow, too and don't need to win any awards. I would like to run an ultra someday but not to race it, just do see if I can do it.