PDA

View Full Version : Tarptent Question

hikerjohnd
02-02-2005, 23:54
I have ordered a tarptent virga, and as this is my first foray into a single wall tent, I was wondering if I need to be careful about touching the walls (like when raining - does that cause a leak?) What other pearls of wisdom can you all share about this type of tent? (mine has the sewn in floor and extended beak)

Thanks! :banana

Stuart
02-03-2005, 00:25
Touching the wall won't cause you a problem. The tent is not that delicate. I would be a bit more careful than normal, like when putting the rear pole in the sleeve, I'd go easy, not overly forcing it. Condensation in certain situations could be greater than in regular tent.

poison_ivy
02-03-2005, 08:37
While touching the walls won't make the tent leak, per say, I've found there is some condsensation during those heavy rain storms. So if you brush up against the walls, you may get your arm or bag a little damp. I've had much less condensation with the tarptent than I had previously with my solo tent (a Eureka Solitaire, which would have so much condensation, it would end up dripping on me.)

I have nothing but positive things to say about the tarptent... it's a great choice for a shelter, imho!

- Ivy