PDA

View Full Version : Where's Guido

virgil
06-19-2011, 22:22
Anyone who has met him knows who I mean. He's Guido, a thru-hiker, speed-hiker, speed-talker, from Arizona. He seems partial to green Mexican Soccer Team apparel. He started out at Springer in mid-May. I camped with him at Low Gap Shelter GA. I'm just curious to hear "where's he at"?

Buffalo Skipper
06-20-2011, 17:15
I'm just curious to hear "where's he at"?

Didn't you ever learn from your English teacher that you can't end a sentence with a preposition? You should be asking "Where's he AT"? ;)

virgil
06-21-2011, 02:28
The rule about not ending a sentence with a preposition is actually a myth. If anything it's a rule of rhetoric and not of grammar. Let's split the difference: "where's Guido at on the AT" ? I'm still curious to hear of a NOBO sighting. Who should I speak to ? :)

Undershaft
06-30-2011, 23:25
I know the guy your talking about. I had a beer with him in Hot Springs a few weeks ago. His name is Guino not guido. Its an evolution of his first trail name from the PCT which was Penguin. Anyway he was a pretty cool guy. I don't know where he is right now. I had to get off the trail for a while due to foot issues so I'm out of touch with the whole thruhiker grapevine but I would guess he's in mid Virginia by now. As I recall he was doing some big milage days.

virgil
07-01-2011, 09:31
Thank you Undershaft, You are correct it's Guino. I just wondered where he was. When I saw him in GA he was roaring along, but that was only 70-80 miles North of Springer.

Pedaling Fool
07-01-2011, 09:53
Isn't he this guy http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/member.php?14457-Penguin

virgil
07-01-2011, 11:38
Yes, absolutely, he is this guy.