PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy fuel canisters?

dillard
06-20-2011, 13:44
I am having a little trouble finding 8oz iso/propane canisters, does anyone have a good site to order from or know a place to find them locally?

Buffalo Skipper
06-20-2011, 13:49
In NWFL, WalMart carries the Coleman brand. Otherwise, look at a Sports Authority near you or a smaller outfitter. Good Luck. :)

dillard
06-20-2011, 14:01
In NWFL, WalMart carries the Coleman brand. Otherwise, look at a Sports Authority near you or a smaller outfitter. Good Luck. :)

The coleman brand they carry here is pure propane not the mix :confused:

Buffalo Skipper
06-20-2011, 14:16
No, Coleman Isobutane cannister. They are larger than the MSR, Jetboil or Snow Peak canisters, but the threading is the same and they will fit all but a Jetboil (because of the canister size).

It is the one pictured on the right:
http://cache.backpackinglight.com/backpackinglight/images/canister-stove-and-fuels-faqs-1.jpg

OHBob
06-20-2011, 14:23
I've been having problems finding the fuel cannisters in Central Ohio. Wal-Mart used to carry it, but hasn't for the past few months at any of the stores I've visited. I've been able to find four ounce sizes at a couple of sporting goods stores, though.

virgil
06-20-2011, 14:50
I have a Coleman mini-store. I buy the Coleman tanks at Walmart, MSR tanks at sporting goods or backpacking stores. I was told, and I think it's true, that if the tank will thread to your stove, then it's fine to use. Simple as that. Although the propane/butane mix may vary a little between manufacturers, if it threads, it threads. I'm not sure who else sells the actual Coleman brand tank.

dillard
06-22-2011, 19:22
I'm not particularly looking for Coleman, just any of the fuel canisters that fit the pocket rocket type stoves.

The Snowman
06-27-2011, 19:06
try looking in boating supply stores