PDA

View Full Version : partner for NOBO 2012

jackiemoo
06-20-2011, 17:27
Hi everyone, my name is Jackie im 21 years old. Im from MA. I first went hiking last spring and fell in LOVE with it! I learned about the Appalachian Trail and thought right now is the perfect time in my life to thru-hike the entire trail. Im currently working on joining the 4,000 footer club, but my ultimate goal is to thru-hike the AT. Im looking for a female partner to do the whole trail with GA-ME, starting at the beginning of March 2012 or 13. I have camping expierence, im a slow hiker but working to be faster. I do want this expierence with someone to enjoy and not be a race. If you are interested please let me know, we can meet up for hikes and small backpacking trips to get to know eachother. thank you :)

shecanskixox
06-24-2011, 14:55
hey! I'm 18 years old, just finished first year of college, and am looking to take a year off and hike the AT... but my parents won't let me go for it alone :) I'm also from MA, have hiked a good part of the VT and ME portions of the trail already, and have always wanted to hike the whole thing. I'd need to finish the trail by mid-to-late August (and I'm a pretty fast hiker so I am sure I could), but that's really my only time constraint. Anyway, if you're at all interested in meeting up or anything let me know. I'll be doing short hikes hopefully throughout the rest of the summer, and anyone is welcome to join!
- Ariana

Lina
08-27-2011, 01:57
Hey I'm also 18 and also am dying to hike the AT but my parents won't let me alone so if either of you wanted to start the hike together I'd be more than happy to. I'm working out the kinks of finishing school early to start in March or April and also need to be done in August. I hiked a section this summer and also have hiked in Alaska with the National Outdoor Leadership School and in Wyoming so I'm pretty experienced and prepared. Let me know if either of you guys are interested and we should figure it out.
-Lina

kellyalice
10-26-2011, 15:18
Hi I'm 19 and taking next semester off to hike the trail starting in mid-March 2012! My parents do not want me hiking alone, although I've heard that it's easy to meet up with people and hike together. I live in Vermont but will be starting in Georgia. Are any of you still interested in meeting up and hiking together?
-Kelly

NOBO2012_
11-08-2011, 13:20
I live in TX right now, and I'm planning to fly to Georgia and start at Springer around March 19/20. I'm currently going solo, though along the trail, the hiker community caters to companionship. I'll most likely run into you. Maybe we can keep in touch and at least share prep notes.