PDA

View Full Version : Pearisubrg to Erwin July 2011

ScottP
06-22-2011, 23:55
My current plan is to hike from Pearisburg, VA (mile 627.2) to Erwin, TN (339.9)

I'll probably start in Pearisburg late morning on Thursday, June 29th. I'll be at the Barn in Atkins, VA (539.2) to pick up a maildrop and eat breakfast on July 3rd.

It looks like I'll be attempting to meet up with a fellow Whiteblazer July 6th in Damascus, miles 464.4 (If I understand his plans correctly), where we'll hike to Erwin (339.9) by July 14th, making a resupply stop at a location TBD (Kincora at 416.7) between Damascus and Erwin (339.9).

I'll be bringing a 10 month dog that I got less than 3 weeks ago. He's very friendly, but came 100% untrained. I've been working a lot to train him, but he certainly won't be perfect.

I'm not in particularly good shape--I had my shoulder reconstructed around Thanksgiving and I've only been able to run/bike/hike for about a month now. I do, however, pack light and hike to hike.

Anyone interested in coming feel free to PM me and I'll reply with my contact info.

The Atkins to Damascus section (Grayson Highlands.) and the area just north of Erwin (Roan highlands) are two of my favorite sections of the AT.

Hermes

Skid.
06-23-2011, 09:47
Please keep us posted on your progress. I'd particularly like to know how the heat is in this section, as I may be doing it next year.