PDA

View Full Version : Will SnowPeak Hotlips fit MSR .9L Pot?

ZeroC
06-23-2011, 09:44
I'm a tea addict but haven't taken tea with me hiking because I don't want to carry mug besides my TI pot but using the pot would burn my lips. I saw snow peak has little silicone attachments for their pots called HotLips, does anyone know if they'd fit on an MSR .9L pot?

Kerosene
06-24-2011, 15:57
For an additional 2 ounces (0.3 vs. 2.4 ounces) you could bring a second drinking container (Sea-to-Summit X-Mug (http://www.rei.com/product/787278/sea-to-summit-x-mug)) that folds flat and has graduated measurements. It fits in the bottom of my SnowPeak 0.7L pot. I really liked it and it is lighter than Lexan or plastic cups.

The Snowman
06-25-2011, 19:36
It should fit on the pot ( it fits on my MSR pot) but the only way to be sure is try it yourself

burk
06-25-2011, 20:50
try the MiO liquid sweet tea flavor

wcgornto
06-25-2011, 21:12
The Snow Peak titanium pot does not hold heat in the pot material. Once your water is boiled and the pot is removed from the flame, the top edge of the pot will not remain scalding hot while you drink your tea. I drank lots of tea straight from my 700ml Snow Peak pot on my thru hike. The only hot thing was the tea in the pot. There is absolutely no need for any added gadgets to keep from burning your lips.