PDA

View Full Version : Venom Super Stove Give Away

STICK
06-23-2011, 16:15
I recently picked up some of the Venom Super Stoves from Zelphs recent sale. The sale came with 2 stove set-ups, one in which I shall call my own, and the other I have decided to give away on my blog! This is the first give away I have had of my own on my blog, so I am pretty excited about that.

So, if you are interested in checking out the stove, I have posted a first look type video as well as included the info on how you can win one of these for yourself.

Venom Super Stove Give Away (http://sticksblog.com/2011/06/23/venom-super-stove-give-away/)

Thanks for checking it out!

SMSP
06-23-2011, 16:49
Hey Stick - I like mine so far. Let me know what your experience is on the fuel bottles leaking.

SMSP

STICK
06-23-2011, 17:12
SMSP,

Have you had problems with the fuel bottles that were shipped with the stove? They look just like the other fuel bottles that I have which either came with other stoves or I purchased from REI however I have had no problems with any of them leaking. But just to be sure, when backpacking, I store my fuel bottles inside a Ziploc bag and keep it inside and outside pocket on my pack. I try to always make sure that they are pointed up as well and I do not fill them all the way full. It seems like in the heat the bottles will swell a little so I don't fill them to keep the fuel from squirting out when this happens...

SMSP
06-23-2011, 17:20
Stick,

I have no trail time with these yet, but when on the trail, I store mine in similar fashion as well. The leakage I was having has been at home handling them for the first and all. Likely an operator error. The issue was the cap not completely sealing when what appeared like they were screwed on. I just had to give these more particular attention when screwig the caps on than the other bottles I use. As you know, fuel bottles come in different shapes and sizes. The 4oz fuel bottles from End2End are taller and narrower. The 4oz bottles that come with the Venome shorter, but a little wider. I like the overall size and shape of these bottles as compered to others.

SMSP

STICK
06-23-2011, 17:30
Thanks,

I will be sure to keep an eye on how they do.

STICK
07-08-2011, 00:22
Just wanted to remind everyone that the time is almost up to enter to win a Venom Super Stove...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytOjjm_FiMw