PDA

View Full Version : ULA Circuit shoulder straps

Benny
06-24-2011, 08:17
Hi There,

Are there any Circuit owners that can tell me how low their shoulder straps rest near their armpits. I'm trying to figure out if the pack just isn't working for my size or if the length of the straps are just too short. I'm a 17.5 torso so I went with a small. I also went with the S size straps. The bottom of the shoulder straps rest even with my armpits or even slightly above. as a result the buckle rubs at that point. The sternum strap seems high by a few inches. I have a relay thats straps are longer and fall below my armpits below by chest and it works extremely well. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Two Tents
06-24-2011, 09:07
It sound to me like you need the next size up. Even though your torso length calls for the size that you have you may be wearing the pack lower cause that's where it feels good. The next size up should get the buckle down. No way should the buckle be rubbing near your armpit.

skinewmexico
06-24-2011, 10:06
Call Chris. That's the huge advantage to dealing with made in the USA gear, instead of offshore nonsense. I emailed a fit question once, and Casey got my cell number off my invoice and called me at home that night. A few photos, and we were golden.

You should do the same.

Ladytrekker
06-25-2011, 01:05
I am 18 inches and got the medium ULA and the S straps are primarily for women so that the straps avoid the chest area for easy to figure out reasons. I being female bought my ULA before the S straps were availabe but they did email me and tell me they now had straps for women. My ULA fits great and is very comfortable never had any issues with the straps.

STICK
06-26-2011, 10:30
I agree, call Chris and talk with them. They will help you figure it out.

skinewmexico
06-26-2011, 12:59
Not trying to sound like a broken record, but if you're not going to take advantage of the personalized service given by the owner of a cottage shop, you might as well be ordering online from a call center in Delhi.

WILLIAM HAYES
06-26-2011, 15:36
I sent my cricuit back liked the pack construction but the shoulder staps were very uncomfortable and thin also the access to the water bottle holders was difficult- I have a long torso it may have been the issue but my Granite gear meridian fits great and only weights a little more than the circuit

Benny
06-27-2011, 07:31
Thanks for the info folks. I sent Chris some shots so he can evaluate the fit.

Benny
07-08-2011, 21:29
I Sent out some pics to Chris at ULA and found out I need a Medium. He placed my pack on his facebook page and sold it very quickly. He's getting the $ for the pack sold and sending out a Medium this week. I figure I should write this experience for others to read. Excellent service.

Jersey Tim
07-08-2011, 21:47
Another happy ULA success story. Wish there were more companies like them!

stranger
07-13-2011, 03:36
I Sent out some pics to Chris at ULA and found out I need a Medium. He placed my pack on his facebook page and sold it very quickly. He's getting the $ for the pack sold and sending out a Medium this week. I figure I should write this experience for others to read. Excellent service.

At 17.5 inches I would size you in a medium as well, keep in mind that ULA does not have the best 'cut' shoulder harness out there so that 'might' have been a contributing factor, but if your main issue was the length of the harness, you should be right in a medium. I agree that ULA has very strong customer service.