PDA

View Full Version : Water in North Georgia

4dogHiker
06-27-2011, 11:55
We'll be knocking out Unicoi Gap to Dick's Creek this weekend and wanted to know if anyone knows how reliable the water sources are right now. Thanks!

FatMan
06-27-2011, 16:00
We have had plenty of rain and the water is flowing fine from Springer to Neels. I have not been on the Unicoi to Dicks Creek section lately but I have no reason to believe that you should have any water issues.

4dogHiker
06-28-2011, 12:32
Thanks, we appreciate the info!

Mountain Shuttler
06-28-2011, 21:01
:D
We have had plenty of rain and the water is flowing fine from Springer to Neels. I have not been on the Unicoi to Dicks Creek section lately but I have no reason to believe that you should have any water issues.
Very true FatMan!!! But there's supposed to be a drought and a heat wave here,right? At least that's what I've heard from a lot of folks on here recently. Me and Pirate joke about it almost on a daily basis.

virgil
06-28-2011, 22:28
Tray Mtn. Shelter has a regular spring box and pipe of running water. It was running full when I was there in mid-May, a month ago. It looked to me like it just runs all the time. The spring is about .1 miles below the Shelter near an old stone foundation. It looks like an old spring house. I'd stop there for sure. It's premium water.