PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having the problem with loading slow.

pdcollins6092
06-27-2011, 16:12
I was just wondering if anyone has problems with WB site being slow. I can go to any other site and it loads quick but not so much with WB. I have cable internet so its not like Im trying to use dial up or anything. Other times when I try and bring up the site I get a data base error too. Just kinda wondering if it could be the server host that they use or maybe not having enough band width.

Carl in FL
06-27-2011, 16:19
It is, I believe, an issue with the recent upgrade and Java not getting along.
I experience screen reloads and redraws at times that seem inappropriate,
and a general sluggishness in navigating and getting pages top load.

Give the guy behind the curtain a few more days, Toto.

HiKen2011
06-27-2011, 16:23
I was just wondering if anyone has problems with WB site being slow. I can go to any other site and it loads quick but not so much with WB. I have cable internet so its not like Im trying to use dial up or anything. Other times when I try and bring up the site I get a data base error too. Just kinda wondering if it could be the server host that they use or maybe not having enough band width.

I was about to post the same thing and yes!

hikerboy57
06-27-2011, 16:24
its a little frustrating, but Im sure the boys will get everything worked out.What?This campsite is full?Now what am I supposed to do?
The benefit of the slower loading is less sniping, we now have several seconds to think before we snipe.

Big Dawg
06-27-2011, 16:31

yes.............

Transition Bob
06-27-2011, 16:36
Yes, the forum pages are very slow to load.

pdcollins6092
06-27-2011, 17:05

The update may have some to do with it because it is a little worse than before but I noticed it beefore the update too especially with the data error that I get sometimes. Thats was has me wondering if it has something to do with the server and the allowed band width.

pdcollins6092
06-27-2011, 17:07
The update may have some to do with it because it is a little worse than before but I noticed it beefore the update too especially with the data error that I get sometimes. Thats was has me wondering if it has something to do with the server and the allowed band width.

Lugnut
06-27-2011, 17:20
The site is so slow now that I just usually give up and visit other sites. I doubt that I am the only one doing that. As far as I'm concerned the upgrade has been a a failure. It wasn't broke before but it sure is now!

Lugnut
06-27-2011, 17:21
The site is so slow now that I just usually give up and visit other sites. I doubt that I am the only one doing that. As far as I'm concerned the upgrade has been a failure. It wasn't broke before but it sure is now!

Migrating Bird
06-27-2011, 19:18
I also have noticed the same slow loading, but with Hammock Forums it is normal for me as are other sites.

Migrating Bird
06-27-2011, 19:20
yes only this site

Rain Man
06-27-2011, 21:05
Same here. Slow. And as was said, I was planning to simply be patient and to give the webmeisters a while to work out the kinks.

I will add that WB says I have NO POSTS since November of last year, until today. I hope that major glitch gets corrected, of course.

Rain:sunMan

pdcollins6092
06-27-2011, 21:12
Same here. Slow. And as was said, I was planning to simply be patient and to give the webmeisters a while to work out the kinks.

I know things like this happen when changing things around so I plan on being patient too I just wanted to make sure it wasnt just my computer..

pdcollins6092
06-27-2011, 21:13

I know things like this happen when changing things around so I plan on being patient too I just wanted to make sure it wasnt just my computer..

Egads
06-27-2011, 21:20
Not slow on my end. Just not used to the new format.

pdcollins6092
06-27-2011, 21:30
Not slow on my end. Just not used to the new format.

It comes and goes with mine, sometimes fast sometimes slow. I saw in another thread where ATTROLL was updating something on the data base so that could be the cause of slowing down. If the updates are done now it should speed back up, hopefully...

Sierra Echo
06-27-2011, 23:28
The site is so slow now that I just usually give up and visit other sites. I doubt that I am the only one doing that. As far as I'm concerned the upgrade has been a a failure. It wasn't broke before but it sure is now!

Same here. I hate the changes!

LDog
06-27-2011, 23:56

Off the home page, there's a link to a thread about the upgrade. Attroll said that today's slowness is caused by him reindexing the forum databases to address the search problems. The act of reindexing is taxing the servers - hence the sluggishness. If you try searching now, you'll find better results than you would have yesterday. Once the process is done, it should be right speedy, and searches a lot better.

weary
06-28-2011, 10:54
Me too. It took at least two minutes to open White Blaze this morning. At least that's the time that elapsed before Whiteblaze showed after I thought to look at my watch.

vamelungeon
06-28-2011, 13:09
Same here. Pretty long hang time after clicking.

10-K
06-28-2011, 13:18
Just a WAG but it's possible there could be something going on in the background slowing things down. Isn't there more than a million messages total on this site? Reindexing them could take a lot of processing power.

10-K
06-28-2011, 13:20
SNAP! I just read the message above about reindexing causing the slowdown. My WAG was right. :)

Blissful
06-28-2011, 15:14
It's doing funky things to me today when I hit the post quick reply - it keeps asking if I want to leave the page. I refresh it and then my post is there.

Also I can't seem to edit my signature line, there is no "pencil" for it when I can edit other aspects of my profile. If someone has answers , let me know, thanks!~ (I've been away)

10-K
06-28-2011, 16:55
It's doing funky things to me today when I hit the post quick reply - it keeps asking if I want to leave the page. I refresh it and then my post is there.

I reported this last night and several others confirmed it.

Also I can't seem to edit my signature line, there is no "pencil" for it when I can edit other aspects of my profile. If someone has answers , let me know, thanks!~ (I've been away)

Don't know about this one.

pdcollins6092
06-28-2011, 18:40
The new problem that I am having is below my avitar & username it tells me that there are X amount of new posts but when I click to see them I get a message telling me that there are NO new posts.....

Carl in FL
06-28-2011, 19:47
I am seeing most of this funky behaviour, including the "leave page" warning when trying to post. I am digging into my spare bucket of patience today.

Ol Mole
06-28-2011, 19:52
I am unable to read some of the forum topics listed on the right side. Some have a circle next to it and the lettering is hidden as to the forum topic. Also, all the messages look alike.

Good luck on getting it up and running and user friendly.

Alligator
06-28-2011, 20:46

Also I can't seem to edit my signature line, there is no "pencil" for it when I can edit other aspects of my profile. If someone has answers , let me know, thanks!~ (I've been away)Click on Settings at the top towards the right>>Then under my settings there is an Edit Signature link.

Blissful
06-28-2011, 21:29
Click on Settings at the top towards the right>>Then under my settings there is an Edit Signature link.

Great thanks so much!

atraildreamer
06-29-2011, 20:08

Rick (attroll) is doing some fine tuning and tweaking of the new software!

atraildreamer
06-29-2011, 20:17
Me too. It took at least two minutes to open White Blaze this morning. At least that's the time that elapsed before Whiteblaze showed after I thought to look at my watch.

My first Windows based PC (Win95, 66 mhz processor, 32 meg of RAM, with a 56k dial-up modem) was so slow that when I came in the house, I would power up the PC, walk to the kitchen and start a cup of coffee in the microwave, make a quick sandwich, take a pit stop in the bathroom, come out and grab the food and go back to the computer, which, was just about finished booting up. We are so-o-o-o-o-o spoiled by all the hi-speed stuff and mega-processing power we have today. Relax...you'll live longer! :D

Carl in FL
06-29-2011, 20:42
I've only been here two months, but when I first started coming here, the forum was quite responsive.
Pages "snapped" into existence. Now I can actually see the page modules and screen assemblies loading.

I run a few forums myself (SMF software) and I have been through the upgrade headaches.
It's never easy and it's always thankless. But eventually it all works out.

Rain Man
06-30-2011, 09:00
I'll have to say the site seems to be running faster now. Though I don't see any "improvement" over the old site, and will have to trust the behind the scenes powers that be, at least it's back up to where it was, speed-wise. Just wanted to report.

Rain Man

Rain Man
06-30-2011, 09:07
Well, hate to say it, but I may have spoken too soon. That last post I just made took several minutes to load and post. I was able to sign onto Hammock Forums and scan through several threads before the last message posted. Oh well, sorry to have reported "all's well" prematurely.

Rain Man

Blissful
06-30-2011, 09:28
I've decided I like this new version very much. Once I've gotten the hang of where everything is! GREAT job

weary
06-30-2011, 09:41
I've decided I like this new version very much. Once I've gotten the hang of where everything is! GREAT job
It certainly gets better once you figure out where things are located. But I have yet to see anything that strikes me as an improvement over the old site. What do you find, Blissful, that strikes you as an improvement?

weary
06-30-2011, 09:46