PDA

View Full Version : Asolo moran GTX

goody5534
06-27-2011, 19:25
I currently hike and backpack in Merrell Refuge Core Mids and was considering changing to asolo moran gtx. Input please...:-?

30 Large
06-27-2011, 19:37
I used to have a pair of the Moran GTX and I have worn Asolo's for many years. They are great boots, the downside is the break-in time is very long. Most Asolo's need about 50-60 miles to be completely broken in.

I recently switched to the Lowa Renegade II GTX Mid and there is literally no break-in time. The day I bought them, I wore them on a 13 mile dayhike and it felt like I'd owned them for years.

ScottP
06-27-2011, 19:47
IIRC, Asolos have an odd last--that is to say that they 'frame' they are built on is not the shape of an average person's foot. If asolos fit you then they're good. If not, well they they're no good.

You might want to consider switching to trail runners--many hikers prefer them to boots for various reasons.

Jay_NJ
07-03-2011, 15:02
I have a pair of asolo trail runners I probably put 100 miles on so far in a combination of trail and work over about a 1 year period. They are wide and comfortable which is great for my feet, but I literally destroyed the soles to the point that I may have to get a new pair by summers end. I switched from a pair of mega-durable la sportiva gtx boots last year so maybe I didn't treat them with enough love? Not blasting asolo as they fit/feel great, but I think I may return to la sportiva on my next pair.