PDA

View Full Version : Would Trolls please post in the Humor Forum only?

SassyWindsor
07-01-2011, 15:10
I have a tough time sorting out who is and who isn't a TROLL on WB. I just wish I had the spare time it takes to complete a baited post and then follow thru just to PO others here. I guess some just get bored and need something to do. Some of the posts made or just plain stupid, ridiculous and seem to be intentional just to stir the pot.

This post is only intended to offend TROLLS.

emerald
07-04-2011, 12:44
People who can sort the wheat from the chaff have been reading long enough or have accumulated enough experience to no longer require 99.9 percent of what's posted.

You are not the 1st person to have realized the difficulty this presents to those most in need of sound information.

10-K
07-04-2011, 12:45
Sassy... I think your post was photoshopped.....

Carl in FL
07-04-2011, 13:51
I came here originally looking for some specific information.
I found so much more that I decided to hang around and enjoy the community.
I rarely learn anything new from those who always agree with me.

10-K
07-04-2011, 13:58
I rarely learn anything new from those who always agree with me.

Oh boy are you in for a ride.

gumball
07-04-2011, 19:04
Oh boy are you in for a ride.

Lol. :)

Its kind of like the roller coaster section of the AT--annoying, but just part of it.

Carl in FL
07-04-2011, 20:16
Lol. :)

Its kind of like the roller coaster section of the AT--annoying, but just part of it.

Nothing like a 2181-mile roller coaster to put one in the party mood.
So now would be a good time to ask how many charging stations there are for my Segway?

Rocket Jones
07-05-2011, 05:58
Why isn't this in the humor section?

moytoy
07-05-2011, 06:44
Why isn't this in the humor section?

My thoughts exactly when I read the OP 3 or 4 days ago.

stranger
07-05-2011, 07:02
Perhaps I'm not down with the internet lingo these days - what exactly is a TROLL?

jlb2012
07-05-2011, 10:34
posting in the humor section is worthless - humor has been eliminated from WB through attrition

scudder
07-05-2011, 11:58
There's a wooden boat forum that created a separate category for those inflammatory or off topic posts that disrupt informative, useful discussion. They call it the bilge. I've often thought that this board could use something like that- perhaps call it the privy.

BobTheBuilder
07-05-2011, 12:07
Perhaps I'm not down with the internet lingo these days - what exactly is a TROLL?
I don't think I am the final authority on these things, but a troll is someone who posts a comment (or repeated comments) on a discussion board with the sole intent of causing a negative reaction. Usually it is something that does not add anything useful to the discussion, but is only inflamatory. The intent is to amuse the troll by causing other posters to get upset. It happens all the time on political discussion boards.

Wise Old Owl
07-05-2011, 12:45

A Picture is worth a thousand words.....

Migrating Bird
07-06-2011, 13:07
People who can sort the wheat from the chaff have been reading long enough or have accumulated enough experience to no longer require 99.9 percent of what's posted.

You are not the 1st person to have realized the difficulty this presents to those most in need of sound information.

Of course all of Emerald's 7050 posts are in the remaining .01 percent (in his opinion) :)
I'm just trolling really, no fun, opinion or helpful knowledge included!:banana
Just kidding, couldn't resist.:sun

jrwiesz
07-06-2011, 14:16
...perhaps call it the privy.

Sounds good.:sun

emerald
07-06-2011, 17:54
Of course all of Emerald's 7050 posts are in the remaining .01 percent (in his opinion) :)

Consider keeping your opinions about my opinions especially when you know nothing about them to yourself. I'll have you know this post is one of many that contributes little.

A.T. hikers who can't remember what life was like before WhiteBlaze.net need to know we got along just fine without it. You're tempting me to start the thread called "You don't need WhiteBlaze.net," but it wouldn't be worth starting and it would go on forever.

Earl Shaffer would have been better off in 1948 and today had he carried proper maps. He sent home his cell phone in 1998 with good cause.

Bearpaw
07-06-2011, 18:27
You're tempting me to start the thread called "You don't need WhiteBlaze.net," but it wouldn't be worth starting and it would go on forever.

Actually, I doubt it would last 48 hours...

emerald
07-06-2011, 22:58
Are you suggesting it would get locked or no one would click on the title?

Bearpaw
07-06-2011, 23:37
Are you suggesting it would get locked or no one would click on the title?

Oh, it would get plenty of traffic until it got shut down.

stranger
07-07-2011, 00:04
I don't think I am the final authority on these things, but a troll is someone who posts a comment (or repeated comments) on a discussion board with the sole intent of causing a negative reaction. Usually it is something that does not add anything useful to the discussion, but is only inflamatory. The intent is to amuse the troll by causing other posters to get upset. It happens all the time on political discussion boards.

So basically...a TROLL is someone who's bored?

Egads
07-07-2011, 06:06
posting in the humor section is worthless - humor has been eliminated from WB through attrition

Agreed, too many deleted posts & locked threads

jlb2012
07-07-2011, 07:36
So basically...a TROLL is someone who's bored?

a troll is anyone whose opinions you don't like and who you can't get rid of by expressing your own opinions

scudder
12-31-2012, 13:45
the more things change, the more they stay the same

Dogwood
12-31-2012, 14:00
a troll is anyone whose opinions you don't like and who you can't get rid of by expressing your own opinions

Since this thread was recently revived, some others may also be seeing some obvious recent trolling too. I disagree with you jb2012; It's more than that!

When trolling becomes vulgar, rude, foul, and predjedice in content, like this, Other outdoor activities while thru-hiking? (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?90841-Other-outdoor-activities-while-thru-hiking)How easy are thewomen ( I don't care if they stink)?

it's time to shut that down. No need for that here!

Tipi Walter
12-31-2012, 14:28

All facets of backpacking have some negative aspects. No piece of gear is perfect and it's important for long-term users of a tent or a hammock or a tarp or a bivy or boots whatever should freely post negative comments without being labelled a troll. Recently there was a long discussion on the Marvels of the TarpTent and someone posted a long discussion on all the negative reviews some TarpTents received. Some fanatics took offense. A troll? Naw, just a discussion.

Where I come from this has always been called a Discussion. Who wants to get rid of someone who has different opinions? The worst I see here is not trolling but getting personal. EX: I like a certain piece of gear. REPLY; You are an idiot, etc.

HikerMom58
12-31-2012, 15:00
Since this thread was recently revived, some others may also be seeing some obvious recent trolling too. I disagree with you jb2012; It's more than that!

When trolling becomes vulgar, rude, foul, and predjedice in content, like this, Other outdoor activities while thru-hiking? (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?90841-Other-outdoor-activities-while-thru-hiking)

How easy are thewomen ( I don't care if they stink)?

I saw the women comment & was insulted... agreed-no need for that here.

As far as trolling goes, I think that trolling is someone that doesn't really care to take the time or really cares about the person & what they are trying to say, behind any given post. A troll is someone who just spouts off & is usually rude & extremely judgmental. But that could just be personality as well. Either way it's annoying & makes me wonder how they made it through kindergarten without a fail on "plays well with others".

Some people are just wanting to know if they can be accepted, just the way they are... if they come across as a "bully" they are used to no one liking/accepting them, but are hoping for someone to get past that & hang with them.

Everyone wants to be loved/liked and accepted... period. Some people "need" other people more than they want other people in their lives. I think we all need others in our lives but can be thankful if we really want them... it's a "gift" not to be taken for granted.
That's my rant for the day... :) Happy New Year, everyone!!

herman2feathers
12-31-2012, 15:31

When trolling becomes vulgar, rude, foul, and predjedice in content, like this, Other outdoor activities while thru-hiking? (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?90841-Other-outdoor-activities-while-thru-hiking)How easy are thewomen ( I don't care if they stink)?

I think some people are just overly sensitive. Now I will agree that the comment was crass and rather tasteless but*I think the op's intent was humorous and should be taken with a grain of salt.

hikerboy57
12-31-2012, 16:19
I think some people are just overly sensitive. Now I will agree that the comment was crass and rather tasteless but*I think the op's intent was humorous and should be taken with a grain of salt.

opie and anthony can be funny too.so can howewad stern. but many find it offensive. if you want to be funny, keep it in the humor forum. if you want to be crude, keep it out of here entirely

herman2feathers
12-31-2012, 17:44
opie and anthony can be funny too.so can howewad stern. but many find it offensive. if you want to be funny, keep it in the humor forum. if you want to be crude, keep it out of here entirely
Well I agree that in extreme circumstances moderator intervention is necessary but most of the time it's because somebody is overly sensitive and when forums become overmoderated the traffic and post count can drop dramatically making the site just another one of those highly overmoderated boards nobody bothers with.

hikerboy57
12-31-2012, 17:56
Well I agree that in extreme circumstances moderator intervention is necessary but most of the time it's because somebody is overly sensitive and when forums become overmoderated the traffic and post count can drop dramatically making the site just another one of those highly overmoderated boards nobody bothers with.

this site is and will continue to be the best source to get information for prospective thrus and section hikers, long distance hikers alike.vulgarity isnt going to make it more popular.

Drybones
12-31-2012, 17:56

I'm not sure why, but this cracked me up.....how-e-wad?

hikerboy57
12-31-2012, 17:58
I'm not sure why, but this cracked me up.....how-e-wad?
it wasnt intentional and went i went to edit it, i laughed myself, decided to keep it as is

Dogwood
12-31-2012, 18:20
this site is and will continue to be the best source to get information for prospective thrus and section hikers, long distance hikers alike.vulgarity isnt going to make it more popular.

Classy, and accurate, comment hikerboy57.

hikerboy57
12-31-2012, 18:22
Classy, and accurate, comment hikerboy57.

happy new year dogwood.all the best

Cookerhiker
12-31-2012, 19:18
.... Who wants to get rid of someone who has different opinions? The worst I see here is not trolling but getting personal. EX: I like a certain piece of gear. REPLY; You are an idiot, etc.

More likely, they'll say "your an idiot."

Papa D
12-31-2012, 19:46
I saw the women comment & was insulted... agreed-no need for that here.

As far as trolling goes, I think that trolling is someone that doesn't really care to take the time or really cares about the person & what they are trying to say, behind any given post. A troll is someone who just spouts off & is usually rude & extremely judgmental. But that could just be personality as well. Either way it's annoying & makes me wonder how they made it through kindergarten without a fail on "plays well with others".

Some people are just wanting to know if they can be accepted, just the way they are... if they come across as a "bully" they are used to no one liking/accepting them, but are hoping for someone to get past that & hang with them.

Everyone wants to be loved/liked and accepted... period. Some people "need" other people more than they want other people in their lives. I think we all need others in our lives but can be thankful if we really want them... it's a "gift" not to be taken for granted.
That's my rant for the day... :) Happy New Year, everyone!!

I agree with this one hundred percent (funny, I'm way too agreeable lately)

Sarcasm the elf
12-31-2012, 19:51
Now wait a second, why would we want to bring trolls into the Humor forum?

True Trolls generally lack the creativity and finesse required for actual humor, instead they prefer to bait people and crap on everyone. Given their propensity to ***** on things, perhaps the Health, Safety and Hygiene forum would be a more appropriate holding place? :rolleyes:

As Mags has pointed out many times, there is already a site (http://Www.4chan.org) dedicated to the proper breeding, training and socialization of Trolls, perhaps we could simply help by relocating them to their natural habitat? We could do this in the same vein that the forest service relocates problem bears to more appropriate locations for everyone's benefit.

HikerMom58
12-31-2012, 19:58
:D Papa D.... funny.. it might be HikerBoy57 & all of the cafe gang's influence on us. They are all quite agreeable. :) Happy New Year to you and your family!

Lone Wolf
12-31-2012, 20:40
I have a tough time sorting out who is and who isn't a TROLL on WB. I just wish I had the spare time it takes to complete a baited post and then follow thru just to PO others here. I guess some just get bored and need something to do. Some of the posts made or just plain stupid, ridiculous and seem to be intentional just to stir the pot.

This post is only intended to offend TROLLS.i usta be the best in the business

HikerMom58
12-31-2012, 21:15
i usta be the best in the business

Aww... sorry LW. If it makes u feel any better, I thought you were the best in the business when I first met u. ;) I think even you have mellowed out some but after 27,043 posts I guess it would happen to the best of us. :P Happy New Year! :)

SouthMark
12-31-2012, 21:17

Has been!!!

Mountain Mike
12-31-2012, 21:56
That was another era & entirely different.

Train Wreck
12-31-2012, 22:41
More likely, they'll say "your an idiot."

Grammar nazi :p

Papa D
12-31-2012, 22:43
:D Papa D.... funny.. it might be HikerBoy57 & all of the cafe gang's influence on us. They are all quite agreeable. :) Happy New Year to you and your family!

thanks - you too HM

Drybones
01-01-2013, 13:10
Who wants to get rid of someone who has different opinions? .

Who wants to shut down the gun discussion thread?

herman2feathers
01-01-2013, 13:35

Beats me but it is becoming quite apparent that some of the moderators here are overly sensitive and have no qualms about being heavy handed which is really sad.

yaduck9
01-01-2013, 13:57

This post is only intended to offend TROLLS.

http://www.amazon.com/Nasty-People-Being-without-Stooping/dp/0071410228/ref=cm_cmu_pg_t

Best 10 bucks i ever spent, just my 02 cents.

Another Kevin
01-01-2013, 14:02
˙uʍop ǝpısdn ʇsod pʃnoɥs sʃʃoɹʇ ʞuıɥʇ I

Papa D
01-01-2013, 14:07
Beats me but it is becoming quite apparent that some of the moderators here are overly sensitive and have no qualms about being heavy handed which is really sad.

well remember this - - we are not just a chatroom - - we are a community (presumably) of people that "gather together" to discuss our mutual love and respect of the appalachian trail, other trails, and issues pertaining to the trail, trail life, backpacking, transportation to and fro, trail towns etc. - - we can disagree on a lot of things but that one mutual interest is what holds us together - - now, given this as a foundation, when the moderators sense that a thread is outside the bounds of what is remotely connected to this mutual interest, then it is their job to issue a warning or shut a thread down. Politics, for example (unless it is connected to some legislation regarding trail life) is out of bounds. Gun control (in my opinion) is out of bounds (and I'm guilty of crossing the line) unless it is (another tired) discussion of guns and backpacking. Race relations, gender issues, sports, your kids, your family are only supposed to be a part of this forum if they relate in someway to the trail. What seems to be a "moderator's heavy hand" is probably the sort of thing that keeps the community together - - and for what it's worth, I got thrown out of a thread one time - - in hindsight, probably for the best.

Tipi Walter
01-01-2013, 14:17
well remember this - - we are not just a chatroom - - we are a community (presumably) of people that "gather together" to discuss our mutual love and respect of the appalachian trail, other trails, and issues pertaining to the trail, trail life, backpacking, transportation to and fro, trail towns etc. - - we can disagree on a lot of things but that one mutual interest is what holds us together - - now, given this as a foundation, when the moderators sense that a thread is outside the bounds of what is remotely connected to this mutual interest, then it is their job to issue a warning or shut a thread down. Politics, for example (unless it is connected to some legislation regarding trail life) is out of bounds. Gun control (in my opinion) is out of bounds (and I'm guilty of crossing the line) unless it is (another tired) discussion of guns and backpacking. Race relations, gender issues, sports, your kids, your family are only supposed to be a part of this forum if they relate in someway to the trail. What seems to be a "moderator's heavy hand" is probably the sort of thing that keeps the community together - - and for what it's worth, I got thrown out of a thread one time - - in hindsight, probably for the best.

I wanted the concealment gun thread to get thrown into the Humor Forum and be done with it but nope, it lived on and is now in some forum I can't access or even want to access. Plus, I've been kicked off any thread which discusses Stealth camping in all of its facets as my input on sleeping behind churches or in town cemetaries or in treelines off Interstates apparently was too much to bear for the moderators.

"DO NOT DISCUSS ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES!!!" they would howl. They mistook the written word for the act itself.

Papa D
01-01-2013, 14:22
I wanted the concealment gun thread to get thrown into the Humor Forum and be done with it but nope, it lived on and is now in some forum I can't access or even want to access. Plus, I've been kicked off any thread which discusses Stealth camping in all of its facets as my input on sleeping behind churches or in town cemetaries or in treelines off Interstates apparently was too much to bear for the moderators.

"DO NOT DISCUSS ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES!!!" they would howl. They mistook the written word for the act itself.

well, I guess it's not being so stealthy if you tell folks about it - - I think that includes here - - - not to start discussing quasi-illegal stuff but if I did occasionally do something like this, I wouldn't post it on a public forum because it would potentially prevent me from doing this in the future - - - things are on the dl should stay on the dl in our community. I'm sorry you got kicked off the stealth camping thread but I would imagine that the Mods would watch a stealth camping thread pretty closely if for no other reason than to protect stealth camping. Hope you're well Tipi - - snow in Tellico Plains? Bet there is in J.K.

Tipi Walter
01-01-2013, 14:50
Hope you're well Tipi - - snow in Tellico Plains? Bet there is in J.K.

No snow here but I'd say the Bob is covered. Soon I'll be on the Big Frog which is further south so there's no promises.

Don H
01-01-2013, 14:59

Touche`!!!!

herman2feathers
01-01-2013, 15:38

While I understand and even agree with you too an extent you have to admit some of the moderation efforts here are absolutely ridiculous. Scrolling around here I find an inordinate # of locked threads and deleted posts some of which are my own and I believe this overly excessive moderation detracts from benefits of a message board. With all due respect I believe allowing individuals to speak their mind on a given topic within reason is beneficial to all.
Well that's my two cents I'll leave it there.

hikerboy57
01-01-2013, 15:55
While I understand and even agree with you too an extent you have to admit some of the moderation efforts here are absolutely ridiculous. Scrolling around here I find an inordinate # of locked threads and deleted posts some of which are my own and I believe this overly excessive moderation detracts from benefits of a message board. With all due respect I believe allowing individuals to speak their mind on a given topic within reason is beneficial to all.
i ve been on this site since you first posted and havent seen any heavy handed moderation at all. what are you talking about?your posts have been a bit provocative, but ive been wondering where the mods have been at all the past few days. this past week its been pretty tame

Train Wreck
01-01-2013, 15:57

You've been a member for one whole day and already have a number of deleted posts?:confused:

Drybones
01-01-2013, 17:22

I'm a slow reader as is...think I may have pulled a neck muscle.

Sarcasm the elf
01-01-2013, 17:27

What kind of trickery is this!? He's no troll, he's a warlock! :dance

Tharwood
01-01-2013, 17:32
Hahahah..Been a while since I have been on.. Looks like nothing has changed...hahaha

Sarcasm the elf
01-01-2013, 17:34
Hahahah..Been a while since I have been on.. Looks like nothing has changed...hahaha

Did you expect any different? We're a people of steady habits. :eek:

bfayer
01-01-2013, 17:44

I can see where you are coming from since you are new to the site, but I believe the mods and admin on WB are the best in the business. Unlike other sites this site is not a non stop slam fest of personal attacks.

It stays on point pretty well and the people here are knowledgeable and helpful 99.6% of the time.

I have a modest post count because the folks on here can generally add a lot more value than I can. I read, I listen, and learn.

Now to keep this post on topic, how about creating a thread called "under the bridge" and then the trolls will have a place to feel at home.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Papa D
01-01-2013, 17:50
You've been a member for one whole day and already have a number of deleted posts?:confused:

yeah - we have 3 (three) one day members: Wannabethruhiker (member 2 days) herman2feathers (member 1 day) and Walter Ellis (member 1 day) - - -none have posted any pictures, any meaningful profile, or told us anything at all about themselves and no one here has even verified that they have hiked with them, know someone who has hiked with them, seen their name in a trail register, or anything. Wannabe says that he hiked from Springer to NOC in 7-weeks which is preposterous (less than 3 miles per day for 7 weeks!). They are either all Trolls or they are somehow related (maybe on some other board somewhere) and have decided to play around with us. So far all of their comments are about controversial stuff or stuff most hikers just don't like or want to dwell on (burning trash, race relations, gun-toting in your backpack, critical of hippies, yuppies, disrespectful to women, plus discussion of things that are just gross). I'm told that you can't "be" two people on there because your i.p. address will show up as being the same but I'm sure there are creative ways around this. These three just don't compute.

I'd like to see even one of them post a picture of them on the trail, near a trail shelter, or something verifiable or identify someone that they have actually hiked with or has even seen them on the trail or even heard of them at all on this forum - - bet they can't.

Train Wreck
01-01-2013, 17:53
yeah - we have 3 (three) one day members: Wannabethruhiker (member 2 days) herman2feathers (member 1 day) and Walter Ellis (member 1 day) - - -none have posted any pictures, any meaningful profile, or told us anything at all about themselves and no one here has even verified that they have hiked with them, know someone who has hiked with them, seen their name in a trail register, or anything. Wannabe says that he hiked from Springer to NOC in 7-weeks which is preposterous (less than 3 miles per day for 7 weeks!). They are either all Trolls or they are somehow related (maybe on some other board somewhere) and have decided to play around with us. So far all of their comments are about controversial stuff or stuff most hikers just don't like or want to dwell on (burning trash, race relations, gun-toting in your backpack, critical of hippies, yuppies, disrespectful to women, plus discussion of things that are just gross). I'm told that you can't "be" two people on there because your i.p. address will show up as being the same but I'm sure there are creative ways around this. These three just don't compute.

I guess if you use different devices each would have a different IP address, right?

Papa D
01-01-2013, 18:00
I guess if you use different devices each would have a different IP address, right?

that's my assumption but I'm told that the mods would be able to locate it as being very close - -like say you used your smart phone, your laptop, and your work computer, they would all come up as being in the same town or very near each other which would red-flag them. My guess is that there are 2 or three people in legion with each other behind the scenes - - I think one of them is a long-time WB member with an axe to grind (and is using a different IP address than his or her normal one) - - he or she then has a friend or two that he or she is in e-mail contact with sort of doing the same thing - - I'm really not sure WHY they would be doing this - - seems like an stupid waste of time. This said, if you have any other ideas of why 3 - one day members would act and post in such a strange and confrontational manner all at once, let us know. Regarding computers and boards and such, there are many smarter than me.

herman2feathers
01-01-2013, 18:12

I'd like to see even one of them post a picture of them on the trail, near a trail shelter, or something verifiable or identify someone that they have actually hiked with or has even seen them on the trail or even heard of them at all on this forum - - bet they can't.
My you think you know it all or atleast pretend you do. As a matter of fact most of you're posts are criticizing or you being a know it all and dumping on others. On a closing note what "proof" do we have that you are actually a 2000 miler any yo-yo can say they walked all the way. I suggest you check your giant ego at the door for once and join the human race son.

Train Wreck
01-01-2013, 18:16
Is it possible to troll a trolling thread?

HikerMom58
01-01-2013, 18:22

This is striking me really "funny" all of a sudden. It started with bfayer's suggestion for a thread called "under the bridge". LOL!!

Papa D just put it out there with all 3 names & time frame. (days) OH MY GOSH! I do believe we have this figured out..... BUSTED!! The thing that is funny 2 is the names. My "pick" is herman2feathers. That's my fav. :)

How about using a smart phone as one of the creative ways of getting around the i.p. address problem? Hum- insert "raised eyebrows icon", right ______ < here.

Another Kevin
01-01-2013, 18:31
What kind of trickery is this!? He's no troll, he's a warlock! :dance

A warlock, an elf and a troll walk into a bar. The bartender asks, "what is this, a joke?" "Yes," the warlock answers.

atmilkman
01-01-2013, 18:33
Did you expect any different? We're a people of steady habits. :eek:
We are creatures of habit. If it was opening day of hunting season we'd all be dead.

Train Wreck
01-01-2013, 18:35
We are creatures of habit. If it was opening day of hunting season we'd all be dead.

Don't you mean fishing season?

Papa D
01-01-2013, 18:37
My you think you know it all or atleast pretend you do. As a matter of fact most of you're posts are criticizing or you being a know it all and dumping on others. On a closing note what "proof" do we have that you are actually a 2000 miler any yo-yo can say they walked all the way. I suggest you check your giant ego at the door for once and join the human race son.

do "we" have - - what "we" are you talking about because I have a long history here - - I think "we" think YOU are a troll
Trust is built over TIME and you've been here ONE DAY - a member since YESTERDAY

Now, to answer your question, I can give you the names of several notable WB members that know me or have hiked with me - - Tipi Walter is probably on this thread now. Or you could go here: www.appalachiantrail.org/about-the-trail/2000-milers. If you P/M me, I'll send you to the proper link on the ATC website so you can research me - - you could also telephone the ATC or you could see my Polaroid at the HQ in Harper's Ferry.

me thinks thou protest too much

hikerboy57
01-01-2013, 18:40
whatever .who cares who they are . its been very entertaining the past few days has it not? and the op in each new thread has done the minority of the posting.so we either feed the trolls or we go for a walk.id guess none of us has walked very far in the past day or so, so we feed the trolls.
its just posting

HikerMom58
01-01-2013, 18:54
whatever .who cares who they are . its been very entertaining the past few days has it not? and the op in each new thread has done the minority of the posting.so we either feed the trolls or we go for a walk.id guess none of us has walked very far in the past day or so, so we feed the trolls.
its just posting

I did. I went for a walk with my pups today. It's been a cloudy overcast day today. So nice just to relax and play on WB. I think the past few days have been so much fun on here! So yesh, it's been very entertaining! :) Thanks to whoever for the fun!!

atmilkman
01-01-2013, 18:58
Don't you mean fishing season?
That's right. We're trolling. I mean fishing.

Sarcasm the elf
01-01-2013, 20:19
its just posting

In case there is anyone reading this that hasn't been around, this should just about summarize all the unusual threads/discussions that have been started in the last week and a half:

http://www.flashasylum.com/db/files/Comics/Kris/badge.png[/URL]

Papa D
01-01-2013, 20:24
In case there is anyone reading this that hasn't been around, this should just about summarize all the unusual threads/discussions that have been started in the last week and a half:

http://www.flashasylum.com/db/files/Comics/Kris/badge.png[/URL]

here here - very nice

Alligator
01-01-2013, 20:33

I'd like to see even one of them post a picture of them on the trail, near a trail shelter, or something verifiable or identify someone that they have actually hiked with or has even seen them on the trail or even heard of them at all on this forum - - bet they can't.Correct. Those threads will probably all be closed.

Rasty
01-01-2013, 20:42
Is it possible to troll a trolling thread?

I thought that was step two when you see a troll. They easily confused.

Rasty
01-01-2013, 20:50
I love trolls. :D

Best entertainment all week. Just don't try to train them to use the litter box.

Train Wreck
01-01-2013, 22:09
I thought that was step two when you see a troll. They easily confused.

But doesn't that make you a sub-troll?

Furlough
01-02-2013, 08:58
Aww... sorry LW. If it makes u feel any better, I thought you were the best in the business when I first met u. ;) I think even you have mellowed out some but after 27,043 posts I guess it would happen to the best of us. :P Happy New Year! :)

Back in the day, before and during the WB Flame Wars LW was the grand master baiter of the thread ways.

gizzy bear
01-02-2013, 10:15
I love trolls. :D

Best entertainment all week. Just don't try to train them to use the litter box.

me too :welcome i find them funny...minus the disgusting stuff... and in a LOT of cases...trolls are people who have been kicked off of websites.... just sayin... and no litter box needed when we have streams...:eek: