PDA

View Full Version : Georgia in July

nu2hike
07-02-2011, 10:03
This is an adendum to my previous post! I will be leaving in a couple of weeks to continue my hike on the AT in Georgia. How can I find out about the availability of water on the trail? There's supposedly a spring on Rock Spring Top. Is this seasonal or is it a reliable water source? Also is there an area to camp near the spring?
Thanks

daddytwosticks
07-02-2011, 17:02
Where on the trail in GA is Rock Spring Top? :)

Skidsteer
07-02-2011, 20:43
This is an adendum to my previous post! I will be leaving in a couple of weeks to continue my hike on the AT in Georgia. How can I find out about the availability of water on the trail? There's supposedly a spring on Rock Spring Top. Is this seasonal or is it a reliable water source? Also is there an area to camp near the spring?
Thanks

There is a small, mostly reliable, spring on the left ot the trail NOBO. I have seen it dry but not often.

There are flat enough spots for camping but I would push on to Wolf Laurel top for the view.

Trailweaver
07-03-2011, 01:37
If you contact the folks at the Hiker Hostel (hikerhostel.com) they can likely tell you about water availability. They shuttle hikers in GA all the time, and of course put them up, so they mostly know the conditions on the trail.

nu2hike
07-03-2011, 23:39
Thanks! Ill give the folks at hiker hostel a call!