PDA

View Full Version : Salomon's from Zappos

Pages
07-06-2011, 09:35
you gotta love internet ordering. beats the hell out of mail order!

just ordered a pair of salomon xa comp gtx from zappos yeaterday at 4pm. they gave me free shipping. then i got an email this morning saying my shipping has been upgraded. i went to the ups page and it is already on the truck for delivery today! unbelievable! i have ordered from zappos before and this isn't the first time they've upgraded my shipping. way to win over a costumer!

i'm sure some of you weren't even close to being around during the years of mail order shipping. just ask your mom or dad - maybe they have an old sears catalog laying around somewhere! my favorite was the xmas catalog, which i carried around under my arm until xmas day!

TV

btw, in no way do i work for zappos, but i WILL endorse them. very happy customer.

Deadeye
07-07-2011, 16:54
+1, another happy Zappos and Salomon customer. The old days - the more you bought, the more you paid for shipping, and it took weeks. Now, most places charge little or nothing to ship unless you want it tomorrow, in which case you can actually get it... tomorrow! Some things are better than the good ol' days, but I sure loved that old Sears "wish book".

JesterFSU
07-07-2011, 18:36
I may fit into the to young to remember category, but I this post does bring back memories of running around with the toys r us catalog from thanksgiving until christmas. Probably the 80's version of the sears wish book.

Not to take away from your awesome zappos experience, their a great company. But for those that don't know... 6pm.com is their clearance site where they often offer much of the same stuff for 20% (or more) off. They have a bunch of salomon stuff too, but I doubt you would have gotten upgraded shipping.

wingnut73
07-08-2011, 16:27
Zappos is a great company. They have a warehouse/store south of me in Sheperdsville where all the customer returns/exchanges end up. Everything is usually 50% off with a Huge 70% off sale once or twice a month. I scored a pair of Leki trekking poles for $49 two weeks ago.