PDA

View Full Version : Sunglasses offer in Backpacker magazine

Puppy
07-06-2011, 17:42
Has anyone used that FREE $500.00 gift card in this issue of Backpacker magazine ?

I am wondering if it is what it seems to be (very good if it is) it is RedStar Worldwear offering free $500 in merchandise for test marketing...?

swash
07-06-2011, 17:54
Has anyone used that FREE $500.00 gift card in this issue of Backpacker magazine ?I am wondering if it is what it seems to be (very good if it is) it is RedStar Worldwear offering free $500 in merchandise for test marketing...? I got the same thing. I made a cart of 6 sunglasses and 4 watches and the total came out to around $140. This is because of the 9% service charge (they still charge 9% of the original price of the watches, you don't avoid it because they cost $0.01. If you just want a pair or two of sunglasses or maybe a new watch it is a good deal. After the 9% charge one pair of sunglasses wouldn't cost more than about $15.

max patch
07-06-2011, 18:07
They sell a crappy $10 pair of sunglasses for 9% of a "list price" of $200 or $18.

IF you decide to try this make sure you are also NOT agreeing in the fine print to an auto shipment of glasses in the future.

azhiker
07-06-2011, 18:22
I learned about this company in February, when I got a RedStar "gift card" in a marathon goodie bag. My suggestion: go to the drugstore and pick up a pair of sunglasses for a few dollars--the ones that have polarized lenses--if you want inexpensive/throwaway shades. Why wait for shipping? A fun guessing game might be to try and guess RedStar's cost for each pair of sunglasses. My guess is one dollar.

30 Large
07-06-2011, 18:26
They sell a crappy $10 pair of sunglasses for 9% of a "list price" of $200 or $18.

IF you decide to try this make sure you are also NOT agreeing in the fine print to an auto shipment of glasses in the future.
Agree with this. I looked through their website and was not at all impressed with what they had to offer.

Trailbender
07-06-2011, 19:14
I wear these, they are comfortable and durable, and a lot better than sunglasses I have seen for a lot more. You can take a knife or razor blade and scratch the logo off. I do that with all my gear, hate brand names on my stuff.

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/3016308.html

Shutterbug
07-06-2011, 21:04
Has anyone used that FREE $500.00 gift card in this issue of Backpacker magazine ?

I am wondering if it is what it seems to be (very good if it is) it is RedStar Worldwear offering free $500 in merchandise for test marketing...? If somethng seems to good to be true, it isn't.

4Bears
07-06-2011, 21:41
I wear these, they are comfortable and durable, and a lot better than sunglasses I have seen for a lot more. You can take a knife or razor blade and scratch the logo off. I do that with all my gear, hate brand names on my stuff.

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/3016308.html

I have used safety glasses from Lowes and such, the nice thing is if you watch you can get them for cheap on sale and they have different color lenses from clear to dark gray/green

Puppy
07-06-2011, 22:16
Thanks for the info......I guess my instincts were right......sounded too good ....glad I checked !

Jack Tarlin
07-06-2011, 23:03
Been meaning to say this for awhile: As a general rule, if you're looking for something here that makes sense, read Max Patch's stuff. He's usually right on the mark.

mmais68569
07-07-2011, 07:50
I looked at the fine print on the ad & if I remember correct it said 9%or $9.90 per item & $4.00 shipping per item. So for each pair you order they are going to cost you Min. of $13.90, you can get that at the local store.

Mike (Mr. Mean)