PDA

View Full Version : Granite Gear Vapor

EastCoastFeastCoast
07-08-2011, 09:55
Hey guys/gals,

I'm going to get a Granite Gear Meridian Vapor pack, and I have a question about the top lid. The removable lid weighs about 9.3 ounces, and I want to replace it with something lighter. Does anyone know of a lid that I can replace it with? I want something like "The Lid" that GG offers, but I know that one won't fit with the Meridian Vapor pack. Doesn't need to be big, just enough to hold a pack cover, small first aid kid, and headlamp. Any info or ideas would be appreciated.

Happy Hangin'
Ben

DripDry
07-08-2011, 10:15
MLD makes one that I think will work- http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=46&products_id=95

EastCoastFeastCoast
07-08-2011, 10:22
Awesome, thanks! I'm going to email them and ask if they know. Really appreciate it! Anyone else who has an idea, please spill the beans!

Chomp09
07-08-2011, 10:44
I suggest replacing it with no lid at all. At the very least give it a shot before buying another. You might be surprised how well it works!

EastCoastFeastCoast
07-08-2011, 14:49
I think it uses two compression straps from the lid, would have to rig something.

q-tip
07-08-2011, 20:56
GG sells a lid for the Vapor Trail at 3.5 oz.l that's the one I use.

EastCoastFeastCoast
07-08-2011, 23:09
Yeah that's the one I originally thought of replacing it with, but this pack is a different design and won't work with the Meridian​ Vapor.

Singletrack
07-12-2011, 14:30
[QUOTE=EastCoastFeastCoast;1178921]Hey guys/gals,

I'm going to get a Granite Gear Meridian Vapor pack, and I have a question about the top lid. The removable lid weighs about 9.3 ounces, and I want to replace it with something lighter. Does anyone know of a lid that I can replace it with? I want something like "The Lid" that GG offers, but I know that one won't fit with the Meridian Vapor pack. Doesn't need to be big, just enough to hold a pack cover, small first aid kid, and headlamp. Any info or ideas would be appreciated.

Happy Hangin'
Ben[/QUOTE
Ben, I have not seen the Meridian Vapor, but knowing what I know about Granite Gear Packs, I am almost certain that the Granite Gear top pocket, like the one I sent you will work. It appears that you would have to remove the top lid that comes with the pack, then install the top pocket as you would on the Virga.
By the way, my figures on the Vapor Meridian are the pack with the lid is 1380 grams. The lid is 210 grams (7.41 oz.)
When you get the Meridian Vapor, please PM me the correct weight, if you are able to weigh the pack and top pocket. I am interested.